• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2016 (Mar 14 - Mar 20)

PREDICTION LEAGUE APRIL 2016

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from March 28 to May 01)

[PS4] Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (32 days) - 140.000
[3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (30 days) - 300.000
[PS4 + PSV] One Piece: Burning Blood (11 days) - 80.000
[WIU] Star Fox Zero (11 days) - 90.000
[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (4 days) - 70.000
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (4 days) - 160.000

Vena

Having talked with friends, I suspect Miitomo is going to have a similar trajectory as Pokemon Shuffle.

It will have a start out of the gate download rate and numbers, but due to the nature of its design its going to neither make much revenue or remain relevant for very long.

For one, the monetization is far too passive and unobtrusive unless you have a strong desire for clothing which serves no purpose. The game has a lack of manipulative schemes or gamification, and it need only be used a few times for the My Nintendo rewards which don't even require spending money to get the worthwhile rewards. There are no real "reward chest counters" or such that tend to be what gets people to spend money in any capacity, and major things for people were actually in My Nintendo. The second issue comes in the lack of, well, being a game. Its a cute ride for a few days and some editing of pictures but then after that its a glorified Q&A App for friends. Its very passive rather than active. If they added something more akin to a room decoration mini-game and other customization options, it'd become a lot more gamey and more akin to Tomodachi Life/Collection which is what some of my friends had hope more for than the very limited dress up simulator and pachincko machine for clothing.

Of course, the purpose of this app seems more directed at getting My Nintendo accounts made and ready, and it works very well (aside from being memory and power hungry) on phones and is super clean and impressive so that's a good sign for future titles. It will be hard to judge how well it works in the former case as Nintendo was looking for, what, an eventual 100 million accounts? Miitomo on its lonesome is never going to get it there as it currently is.

Anyway, this is just some musing after chatting with friends at uni there.

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from March 28 to May 01)

[PS4] Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (32 days) - 80.000
[3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (30 days) - 450.000
[PS4 + PSV] One Piece: Burning Blood (11 days) - 100.000
[WIU] Star Fox Zero (11 days) - 35.000
[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (4 days) - 70.000
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (4 days) - 180.000

Let's be serious, nobody cares about star fox

sense

well predictions seem to be on the lower end for many for star ocean. i hope many are wrong because the game looks good.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
well predictions seem to be on the lower end for many for star ocean. i hope many are wrong because the game looks good.

Yeah, as a fan of Square Enix's change in direction, low sales would kill off some of these initiatives unless the West can pick up the slack. Going to remain bullish on SO5, I think it will surprise.

Ōkami

toukiden2_160326-5.jpg
Toukiden 2 indeed launches on June 30th, demo coming on April 11th.

casiopao

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Mar 28 to May 01):

[PS4] Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (32 days) - 150.000
[3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (30 days) - 400.000
[PS4 + PSV] One Piece: Burning Blood (11 days) - 112.000
[WIU] Star Fox Zero (11 days) - 60.000
[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (4 days) - 132.000
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (4 days) - 340.000

But, i do feel that considering that there are chances that NX come out this year, it is possible that it will cut Robobot legs short here.T_T
I don't think that the demographics that give Kirby legs are immediately going to drop the 3DS and jump onto new hardware just because it's out.

casiopao

I don't think that the demographics that give Kirby legs are immediately going to drop the 3DS and jump onto new hardware just because it's out.

I agree that it will not cut the legs immediately here but, of course it will make the legs shorter here for sure as more people will migrate to new platform.

[PS4] Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (32 days) - 210.000
[3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (30 days) - 440.000
[PS4 + PSV] One Piece: Burning Blood (11 days) - 105.000
[WIU] Star Fox Zero (11 days) - 65.000
[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (4 days) - 95.000
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (4 days) - 220.000​

Ōkami;199278486 said:
Toukiden 2 indeed launches on June 30th, demo coming on April 11th.

Wonder what numbers the PS4 version will put up this time. I know Kiwami was a different case (late port) but I'm still expecting nothing spectacular.

Fisico

It's the existential crisis that dedicated devices tend to face in Japan. Much of their audience ages past them very quickly, and ends up in the gigantic mobile bucket as it fits their lifestyle and/or preferences much better.

That said, being king of children's software is still a sizable market, and that's on top of the other markets the 3DS managed to cobble together, leaving it with respectable numbers.

However, I think this helps paint the picture of why we see a continual downward slope in dedicated devices.

That I am aware of, my first point was simply what I said, the way they used the "active" word doesn't really fit what I would define as active (something like, at least, a few times a month) and my second was just an honest question because I wasn't really sure if that was the right way to read these numbers.

It's also a bit sad we don't have this data for every active platform.

horuhe

[PS4] Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (32 days) - 159.529
[3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (30 days) - 398.406
[PS4 + PSV] One Piece: Burning Blood (11 days) - 127.158
[WIU] Star Fox Zero (11 days) - 65.814
[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (4 days) - 104.681
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (4 days) - 213.715

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Week 13, 2016 (Mar 28 - Apr 03)

new releases

{2016.03.29}
[PS4] Resident Evil 6 _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Capcom) (¥2.593)
[XB1] Resident Evil 6 _Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Capcom) (¥2.600)

{2016.03.30}
[3DS] RV-7 My Drone _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <ACT> (Cosen) (¥463)
[WIU] Mario Party 2 _Wii U Virtual Console Version_ |DL| <ETC> (Nintendo) (¥951)
[WIU] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance _Wii U Virtual Console Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥650)
[PS4] MLB: The Show 16 - English Edition _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| # <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) (¥5.900)
[PS4] MLB: The Show 16 - English Edition _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| (1)(MVP Edition) <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) (¥6.900)
[PS4] MLB: The Show 16 - English Edition _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| (2)(Deluxe Edition) <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) (¥9.900)
[PS3] MLB: The Show 16 - English Edition _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) (¥4.900)

{2016.03.31}
[PSV] Winning Post 8 2016 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.800)
[PSV] Winning Post 8 2016 (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.000)
[PSV] Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete: Cruise Sign # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥6.800)
[PSV] Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete: Cruise Sign (Limited Edition) <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.800)
[PSV] Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete: Cruise Sign (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (5pb.) (¥6.000)
[PSV] Silverio Vendetta: Verse of Orpheus # <ADV> (Views) (¥6.800)
[PSV] Silverio Vendetta: Verse of Orpheus (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Views) (¥8.800)
[PSV] Silverio Vendetta: Verse of Orpheus (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Views) (¥6.800)
[PS4] Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥7.980)
[PS4] Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥7.980)
[PS4] Winning Post 8 2016 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.800)
[PS4] Winning Post 8 2016 (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.762)
[XB1] Quantum Break (Xbox One 500GB Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle) <BUN> (Microsoft Game Studios) (¥39.980)
[PS3] Winning Post 8 2016 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.200)
[PS3] Winning Post 8 2016 (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.286)
[PS3] Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete: Cruise Sign # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥6.800)
[PS3] Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete: Cruise Sign (Limited Edition) <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.800)
[PS3] Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete: Cruise Sign (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (5pb.) (¥6.000)

{2016.04.02}
[3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi <SLG> (Level 5) (¥4.600)
[3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Level 5) (¥4.600)
___

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi < 210k (average 185k)
02. [PS4] Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness < 120k (average 100k)
03. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 < 90k (average 80k)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu has these openings for Star Ocean 4

[360] Star Ocean: The Last Hope # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2009.02.19} (¥8.500) - 166.027
[PS3] Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International <RPG> (Square Enix) {2010.02.04} (¥7.800) - 84.882

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
If the prediction for Yo-Kai Sangokushi comes true it's a guaranteed half million seller and it will outsell Pokemon Conquest easily.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Like previous games Dark Souls III will have a massive drop at its second week and only crazy at YSO would have predicted it entering top 3.

hiska-kun

yes but many times YSO predict the 2° week of a game, or the 1000° week in case like Splatoon, Yokay Watch or Animal Crossing :p

You should check the -85% second week drops that Bloodborne and Dark Souls II had, before expecting Darl Souls III in the Top 3.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
You should check the -85% second week drops that Bloodborne and Dark Souls II had, before expecting Darl Souls III in the Top 3.

I already knew those drop, haha.

So, if you know them, you should know DSIII could possibly be around 50k. So, I don't think it's needed to show such figures, especially when there are a lot of stuff being released during this coming week.

Right right, my bad... but even The Division got a < 20k prediction for the second week. :p

Ōkami

1. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 - 798
    [*][PS4] Dark Souls III - 486
    [*][PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X - 145
    [*][PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune - 67
  2. [WIU] Pokken Tournament - 56
  3. [PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Venus - 42
    [*][PS4] Nobunaga no Yabou: Souzou - Sengoku Risshiden - 42
    [*][3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Assassin Ikusei Keikaku!! - 42
    [*][PS3] Nobunaga no Yabou: Souzou - Sengoku Risshiden - 30
  4. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 27
  5. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics - 23
  6. [PSV] Digimon World: Next Order - 19
  7. [PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division - 18
  8. [PSV] Nobunaga no Yabou: Souzou - Sengoku Risshiden - 17
  9. [3DS] Monster Strike - 15
  10. [PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Venus [Collectors Edition] - 14
    [*][PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune [Collectors Edition] - 14
  11. [WIU] Splatoon - 12
  12. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 3 - 10
  13. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - 9

hiska-kun

Right right, my bad... but even The Division got a < 20k prediction for the second week. :p

They predict the Top 3. If they think The Division will be in the top 3, even with 20k, they predict that sales. And that's what happened.
Dark Souls just won't be in the top 3 (probably will be 4th), so they don't give predictions for this one.

u_neek

Ooof.

And if you expect a standard jRPG drop-off the following week, we're going to be clawing our way to 150k.
With the PS3 version the game will probably crawl past 200k when it's all said and done. Hopefully western sales will make up for it.

&#332;kami;199376750 said:
  1. [3DS] Dragon Quest Mosters Joker 3 - 798
  2. [PS4] Dark Souls III - 486
What were the comgnet numbers for the previous DQM and DS?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
They predict the Top 3. If they think The Division will be in the top 3, even with 20k, they predict that sales. And that's what happened.
Dark Souls just won't be in the top 3 (probably will be 4th), so they don't give predictions for this one.

Yeah, but some times i saw more than 3 predictions... i'm sure i saw many weeks with 4 predictions as well.

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 12, 2016 (Mar 21 - Mar 27)

01./00. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 <RPG> (Square Enix)
02./00. [PS4] Dark Souls III <RPG> (From Software)
03./00. [PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X <ACT> (Sega)
04./00. [PS4] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)
05./00. [PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)
06./00. [PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune <SPT> (Koei Tecmo)
07./02. [WiiU] Pokkén Tournament <FTG> (Pokémon Co.)
08./00. [3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Assassin Ikusei Keikaku!! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./00. [PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus <SPT> (Koei Tecmo)
10./00. [PSV] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)
11./04. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
12./01. [PSV] Digimon World: Next Order <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
13./06. [WiiU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
14./03. [PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division <ADV> (Ubisoft)
15./11. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
16./00. [PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune (Collector's Edition) <SPT> (Koei Tecmo)
17./00. [PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus (Collector's Edition) <SPT> (Koei Tecmo)
18./05. [PS4] Battlefield 4: Premium Edition [EA Best Hits] <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
19./20. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo)
20./12. [WiiU] Super Mario Maker <ACT> (Nintendo)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 12, 2016 (Mar 21 - Mar 27)

01./02. [3DS] Yo-Kai Romance of the Three Kingdoms <ACT> (Level 5)
02./09. [PS4] Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness <RPG> (Square Enix)
03./07. [3DS] Ace Attorney 6 <ADV> (Capcom)
04./00. [PS4] Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers (First Press Limited Edition) <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
05./18. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II <RPG> (Square Enix)
06./26. [PS4] Far Cry: Primal <ACT> (Ubisoft)
07./16. [3DS] Harvest Moon: Cherished Friends of Three Towns <SLG> (Marvelous)
08./39. [PS4] Winning Post 8 2016 <SPT> (Koei Tecmo)
09./24. [PS4] Divinity: Original Sin (Enhanced Edition) <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft)
10./13. [PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Deluxe Edition) <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 11, 2016 (Mar 07 - Mar 13)

*Note: Games listed on the Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Rakuten Books Sales Ranking. It is expected anyone interested, to look at the previous rankings to make himself a better idea of the actual sales.

Mory Dunz

Preorders have nothing to do with what Kirby will sell.

I was just throwing that out there because of the known quantities, I can't think of why it'd sell more. Is it due to the higher install base? Or is the game going to be of extremely higher quality than triple deluxe, with the battle mode, etc?

That's all I got. To go against several more reasons why I see it selling less.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I was just throwing that out there because of the known quantities, I can't think of why it'd sell more. Is it due to the higher install base? Or is the game going to be of extremely higher quality than triple deluxe, with the battle mode, etc?

That's all I got. To go against several more reasons why I see it selling less.

I don't think Kirby Planet Robot will outsell triple delux, but maybe the bigger install base will help?

Also, so far on COMG Planet Robot is doing better... but like Chris said, pre orders aren't much important, expecially because if we talk about pre orders, Kirby was not that hot on COMG at first, but is becomed a monster the last 3 weeks or 2 with like 25-30 points in a day.

Mory Dunz

I don't think Kirby Planet Robot will outsell triple delux, but maybe the bigger install base will help?

Also, so far on COMG Planet Robot is doing better... but like Chris said, pre orders aren't much important, expecially because if we talk about pre orders, Kirby was not that hot on COMG at first, but is becomed a monster the last 3 weeks or 2 with like 25-30 points in a day.

yeah, I'm all for it selling more. And maybe it'd help us get another console kirby game a la return to dreamland.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
With the PS3 version the game will probably crawl past 200k when it's all said and done. Hopefully western sales will make up for it.

What were the comgnet numbers for the previous DQM and DS?

No idea Joker 2, but Dark Souls 2 was at 582p with the collector edition at 53 point.

P.S

Prediction for PS4 sales this week? With Dark Souls III i believe it should sell 35,000 / 36,000.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 12 2016

01./00. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 <RPG> (Square Enix)
02./00. [PS4] Dark Souls III <RPG> (From Software)
03./00. [PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X <ACT> (Sega)

04./02. [WIU] Pokken Tournament # <FTG> (Pokemon Co.)
05./00. [PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune <SPT> (Koei Tecmo)
06./00. [PS4] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)

07./01. [PSV] Digimon World: Next Order <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
08./00. [3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Assassin Ikusei Keikaku!! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./03. [PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division <ADV> (Ubisoft)
10./00. [PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus <SPT> (Koei Tecmo)
11./00. [PSV] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)
12./00. [PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)

13./07. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
14./06. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
15./04. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
16./10. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
17./09. [PSV] Attack on Titan <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
18./05. [PSV] Summon Night 6: Ushinawareta Kyoukaitachi <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games)
19./25. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo)
20./08. [PS4] Gundam Breaker 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)

hiska-kun

So, according to Comg and Tsutaya, Pokken might have a decent second week. Something necessary since it had a terrible sell-through.

Note that this week:
- Monday 21st was a National Holiday
- From Friday, Spring school Break started

Other games as Minecraft, Splatoon, Mario & Sonic should increase their sales this week.

No idea Joker 2, but Dark Souls 2 was at 582p with the collector edition at 53 point.

P.S

Prediction for PS4 sales this week? With Dark Souls III i believe it should sell 35,000 / 36,000.

GamesMaya said that Dark Souls III was moving a good amount of hardware. I expect PS4 over 40k

Top Bottom