• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD driver update outs "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture" for PC

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's been dozens of games "outed" by AMD that have never come to fruition on PC. Just saying.

MUnited83

For you.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's been dozens of games "outed" by AMD that have never come to fruition on PC. Just saying.

Oh, this is coming, no doubt about that. The steamdb listing+banner+it being updated several times are more than enough confirmation.

Which dozens of games?

The Halo games for one. But there's been plenty over time for games that never hit PC so till I get some announcement I don't get my hopes up.

Oh, this is coming, no doubt about that. The steamdb listing+banner+it being updated several times are more than enough confirmation.

Ok, this I haven't seen so I take it back. This more or less sounds like the final nail in the coffin more than anything now.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
alexandros redeemed.

Good to hear that more people are going to play this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What ever happened to him?

Banned 8 times, 5 for console war (well, PC war in this case) stuff, eventually permed. Has an alt account that he registered a while before being permed and switched to using full-time after he got permed. (we're not stupid) Has mostly been below the radar since then.

Willing to double dip. I loved the premise and the atmosphere but the performance on PS4 was so off putting. Hopefully the PC version negates those issues.

Fat4all

Banned
When all was said and done, EGTTR is a much better game than both Dear Esther and A Machine for Pigs. It's still has it's issues, a bit with its pacing and its conclusion.

PC players will be able to fix the walking speed to their tastes, but one issue with that is there are story elements that kind of depend on the slower pace, though those moments are mostly late-game.

Wonderful little game.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Banned 8 times, 5 for console war (well, PC war in this case) stuff, eventually permed. Has an alt account that he registered a while before being permed and switched to using full-time after he got permed. (we're not stupid) Has mostly been below the radar since then.

Interesting. Got banned 8 times? What's the record for someone getting banned here?

Akronis

Yeesh. I knew he was a PC-centric dude but that sucks that he got involved with that shit.

Uh ? I thought there was a ban limit. Like, 3rd time was a perm :p

Good its finally coming to PC since thats where the Dear Ester was. I wonder if Sony will publish it there like helldivers.

That said I did not like the game at all and more power isnt going to change that. Game is slow and rambling. Dear Ester was much more tight.

MUnited83

For you.
Highly doubt they're putting a game developed by their studios on PC.

?Q-Games is not a Sony studio... They have help from Sony Japan, yes, but Everybody's Gone to the Rapture also had help from Sony Santa Monica...

I think he/she meant that it's being co-developped or at least receiving help from Japan Studio.
Which Rapture had too from Santa Monica and Rapture is coming so the argument against it coming because "its from their studios" doesn't really work.

Was Q Games a heavily Pc centric dev before Tomorrow Children like the case was for TCR and Arrowhead?
They already developed 4 games for the PC so yeah, I think they'd be fine.

Pjsprojects

Great stuff,got about a quarter of the way through the story on PS4 but the performance just put me off playing any more.

These days PC seems to be getting content from both consoles, sort of a win win for PC gamers as a whole.

Highly doubt they're putting a game developed by their studios on PC.

?Q-Games is not a Sony studio... They have help from Sony Japan, yes, but Everybody's Gone to the Rapture also had help from Sony Santa Monica...

Which Rapture had too from Santa Monica and Rapture is coming so the argument against it coming because "its from their studios" doesn't really work.

They already developed 4 games for the PC so yeah, I think they'd be fine.

Yes this is proof Sony is dipping their feet into PC gaming and offering some of their games. Maybe it's a test run to a PC PSN? Or maybe even a PSN section on Steam.

I mean with Microsoft starting to go all in its not surprising Sony wants some of that PC money

Lister

Banned
Yes this is proof Sony is dipping their feet into PC gaming and offering some of their games. Maybe it's a test run to a PC PSN? Or maybe even a PSN section on Steam.

I mean with Microsoft starting to go all in its not surprising Sony wants some of that PC money

PSN PC will have me becoming a Sony fanboy. I'll wear an Uncharted t-shirt and everything.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Good its finally coming to PC since thats where the Dear Ester was. I wonder if Sony will publish it there like helldivers.
I think they will have to, because they own the IP. But much like with Helidivers, this is the game from a very PC-centric developer that has probably requested this to be released on the PC as a part of the contract. I doubt it's an indication of some larger trend like someone above was suggesting. More of an indication of how flexible Sony can be nowadays with dev studios willing to work with them.

Yes, it's interesting they've been willing to make deals with some previously very PC focused indies like this. There was something of a backlash when this game became a Sony published PS4 title so offering the game later on Steam is a decent make good.

Red Hood

Banned
Somewhat off topic, but how is the new 16.15 driver? I have the 15.30, but I held off upgrading because of the driver issues some weeks ago.

Top Bottom