• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tabata comments on Final Fantasy XV for PC

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Since people were asking.

Engadget said:
A new teaser for FFXV launches tonight, called Platinum Demo, and it's free to download on PS4 and Xbox One. PC players, you're out of luck -- for now. FFXV director Hajime Tabata told Engadget that the studio isn't currently working on a PC version of the game. But, Tabata said he was "aware of the big call for a PC version."

"Unfortunately we weren't able to do simultaneous development on a PC and console version for XV," he said. "We had to focus on the console version and our goal was to maximize, optimize everything for the HD consoles. Once that's done, then we will definitely take a good, hard look at PC and what we need to do, and consider all our options. But right now we aren't decided, we're still considering a lot of things."
For Xbox One and PS4 players, there is a Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Collector's Edition available to purchase on the official Square Enix online store.
Source: http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/30/final-fantasy-xv-release-date-anime-movie-pc/

BiggNife

Yeah, I'm almost sure they'll go the same route they did for Lightning Returns and release it on PC for a slightly reduced price a year later. I strongly doubt Square would leave that money on the table, especially considering how much money they've probably lost through FFXV's eternal development.

This is pretty much what he said during one of the ATR's last year. He pointed out that they've made fans wait long enough for XV and didn't want to add any additional platforms because it could impact the release timing. SO they're going to wrap up the console releases and then consider their options.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yeah I think I'll just wait for that if I pick it up at all. After playing the demos I think it would benefit a lot from 60 fps.

Genio88

What a shame, i can't wait to play this game so i'm gonna play it at launch on Xbox One, though i would have loved to play it on PC since frame performance on console seems pretty bad so far from the demo i played

LewieP

I think from a business perspective this might actually make a lot of sense. They'll get people who double dip, and PC gamers are used to being patient for certain titles, particularly Japanese/Console titles.

It's a big enough name that it will be able to have a huge launch on PC/Steam down the line, and the only thing that could seriously harm PC sales would be a rushed/flawed PC port.

Steam is the platform with almost every FF game so I wonder why people were worried FFXV might not be released on PC. 6 months after launch is what I expect and they will taut and re-market it as a DX12 and 4K release.

Will wait for this release for sure. I have waited for so long that another few months/a year is nothing.

Plenty of other things to play in the meantime

DeSolos

Give me a DX12 definitive edition with massive graphical/performance improvements. (similar jump as between GTAV PS3->PC)

Foffy

Banned
Steam is the platform with almost every FF game so I wonder why people were worried FFXV might not be released on PC. 6 months after launch is what I expect and they will taut and re-market it as a DX12 and 4K release.

You're more likely to name what FF games are coming to PC than what ones aren't.

I think World of Final Fantasy, the new Dissidia, and the FFVII Remake are the only HD platform games with no PC information to speak of, but none of those games are even out on consoles yet.

bathsalts

How about we just kickstart a nixxes port?

If they have the money to spend on a ridiculous red carpet style event, one off cars, anime and feature films I think they can toss some cash to Nixxes, QLOC or whomever to bang out a port that'll easily sell lots of units.

If they want to wait for the game to come out, run the chance that's it not all that good, kiss the day 1 hype sales goodbye and hope people still give a damn 6 months down the road that's their choice.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'll do the waiting game as always.
Would have been cool with a day and date release but I guess you just can't get everything and I hope they'll plan a PC release from the start with FFXVI.

Considering we are probably getting every numbered title in the next year or 2, 15 will happen. Just sucks we will probably be waiting a year or more.

Abriael

Banned
This is exactly the same thing that he told me at Gamescom. Basically word by word.

Looks like the stance did not change.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Like others have said, it's just a matter of when. It looks like those who want the PC version will have to wait.

I just want them to get FFIX out, and then it'd be nice if they finally get around to FFT if they'll continue putting their mobile efforts on PC. I get a feeling they'll confirm the FFX collection that was in the leak instead though, they seem to be focusing on the numbered series.

Link_enfant

I really hope the game will be PS4K enhanced.
Don't really mind a pc port atm, but of course that'd be great for all pc players

GrayChild

So let me get this straight.

They could afford to spend at least a million on the Uncovered event.

They had the ability to make a free anime series in order to promote the game.

Then they have announced a full-length CGI movie featuring Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad cast.

Not only that, but they also spend considerable amount of time on the Platinum demo and the mobile mini-game they presented.

Yet, simply making a PC port along with the console versions is too much for them.

Jeez, just admit you're doing this for the double dippers.

Aeana

To be honest, this sounds like couching in order to get around the PC version being slightly behind. Considering it was included in marketing materials, it's obviously in development alongside the console version. It's just behind.

Heartfyre

Definitely going to happen, considering all the Final Fantasy games they continue to release on Steam, and the whole XIII trilogy being on there. And it'll look spectacular when it's done.

Yet it'll be sometime in 2017 at the earliest, and probably the latter half.

VariantX

Only thing i read was they didn't have time to do it proper right now. Pretty much saying they'll get around to doing it. I mean, you already can get every other FF game on PC, It's safe to assume its a foregone conclusion.

Top Bottom