• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tabata comments on Final Fantasy XV for PC

Mortemis

Banned
Its so freaking stupid that they're not doing a pc release day one.

This series isn't a fraction of what GTA is, I don't see why they'd expect any decent profits from doing a late pc port rather than doing a day one release.

synce

Everyone knows the best time to release a game on PC is when people don't even care about it anymore. Get that money, Square!

tuxfool

Banned
How many people worked on Arkham Knight though? CDPR can do it doesn't mean everyone else can do it.

Everything I've heard of the AK port suggests it was done by a small team (of similar size) under extremely rushed conditions.

Mivey

Everyone knows the best time to release a game on PC is when people don't even care about it anymore. Get that money, Square!
It's reverse psychology: By making us believe that they really don't give a fuck about the PC port (bonus points if it is an inferior port), they get PC gamers even more interested in the game, in an attempt to gain SE attention and love.

wazoo

You get me on The Last Remnant. I honestly didn't know it has a PC port. Actually I don't know much about that game at all. Is it good?

Way above the X360 version if you mind. Run fast on modern hardware, Can be tweaked like any UE3 game. Usually cost 2$ in sales.

Way above the X360 version if you mind. Run fast on modern hardware, Can be tweaked like any UE3 game. Usually cost 2$ in sales.

Also a number of gameplay tweaks and changes which won't mean anything to an unfamiliar audience but which add up to a better overall experience.

Ravidrath

I suspect that there is serious resistance in SE's Japanese offices to listening to their Western teams when they explain that PC is a real platform.

I mentioned it earlier, possibly in another thread.

But in my experience with Japanese developers, the general attitude is "I don't use Steam and I don't know anyone who does, so it feels risky."

Even when we tell them our sales numbers to try and encourage them with actual data, they're skeptical.

I mentioned it earlier, possibly in another thread.

But in my experience with Japanese developers, the general attitude is "I don't use Steam and I don't know anyone who does, so it feels risky."

Even when we tell them our sales numbers to try and encourage them with actual data, they're skeptical.

It'll take time.

Top Bottom