• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Xbox to be called...Xbox NeXt?

Rymuth

A visual designer at Xbox appears to be working on a new Xbox console, after a listing for the "Xbox neXt" was discovered on his profile.

The designer has been with Microsoft since 2006, working on Xbox since 2008.
xbox_next_wider.jpg

- Videogamer

Edit - Debunked by MS to IGN

“Xbox neXt was an old internal team name for a group that worked on releasing Xbox One and is not related to a future console," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. "We have nothing further to share.”

- IGN

They can't use the NX letters, too!

To be fair, they're not. The X's are capitalized though. X² maybe?

The name in that resume doesn't have capitalization on the word "Next", only the X is capitalized. I know we all want to make the NX joke, but sadly it is not to be :(

ekim

Gaf (specifically me)--> Internet--> Gaf

I already stated that I think he means the NXE with it. Not sure though.

Nzyme32

Cropped and without link to the employee to verify - at least from what I can tell, unless I missed something. Not trust worthy without something else to go on

Neoxon

So would this be their next-gen system, because I thought that Phil Spencer ruled out the possibility of an Xbox 1.5.

Woo-Fu

Banned
NeXT actually means something else to me already, I must be getting old. Then again those bastards in the cafeteria did give me the senior discount last week.

Top Bottom