• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Xbox to be called...Xbox NeXt?

This name has actually been around for a while. It was there before Xbox One was officially announced.

IMO it sounds better than Xbox One and I even got used to that. Nothing can be as bad as Wii U and I got used to it pretty quick.
Indeed, hence the ordering of the names from latest to oldest.

Justinh

code name or not, Sony lucked out by keeping it simple with numerals

idk why they other guys didn't

From what I remember seeing people said, it's because they were later on (Xbox 2 vs Playstaion 3)...

makes sense, I guess.

edit: NeXT box name = Xbox Zillion condirmed
(*moonwalk-free area)

sheamus

Why not just call it the Xbox. No one in the general public calls it the Xbox one or the one .it's just the Xbox

papo

I hope they learn from the mistakes Nintendo made by naming the console WiiU.

I feel if they followed the way Apple or Samsung do stuff and just named it the Wii 2 Or Wii 2 S or something like that, then the console might have been a bit more successful. Though only a bit since the hardware counts too.

Could you imagine a world in which Nintedo created the Wii 2 instead of the Wii, made it have specs that would rival PS4/X1 right now. They could have marketed it with both the gamepad and the a new version of the Wiimote and I feel they would have made bank and would have attracted some 3rd parties back.

Too bad Nintendo often feels out of touch with their fans and tech industry in general. They still make wonderful games, but everything else seems to be a mess.

God, I do not want this gen to be only 4 years in before the next comes. Opposite of last gen which was too long at 8. 6 years seems like a sweet spot for me.

And Nintendo is really only entering this gen now with NX!

Just imagine this line in Phil's voice.

"I'm please to announce the next evolution for Xbox gamers across the world. The next step and chapter that will make Xbox the best place to play your games. The next generation of gaming that will be backward and forward compatible. You will no longer have to worry about your library of games becoming obsolete. Where you can take your Xbox games to the next level and play across multiple devices that support Xbox. you asked for it, developers asked for it, and now the Next Xbox is here. [pause] ... I'm proud to announce, Xbox Next [Pause again for applaud]"

Totally see it happening. Make it simple for the masses to adobt since they ruined the numbering game with Xbox 360 -> Xbox One.

"AYE PETE, you get that Xbox NeXT?" -XNEX?.. yeah boy i got that xnex. you gun have fun.soem real good fun on that xnex"

harSon

Banned
Call it the Xbox Legacy, and have it backwards compatible with Xbox, Xbox 360 and XB1 games. It sounds like the type of thing they'd name a console in the 80s and 90s.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
If it's an upgrade, it'll be Xbox One S just like they slim was the 360 S. The upgrade after that will be Xbox One E.

Then they'll do the true successor.

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
Xbox One Elite would make more sense. They already used Elite name with the 360 and now with the high end Controller

dont forget about the apple II team

D7DRSNI.gif

d00d3n

Stupid name. It should have been called Nexbone to pay tribute to the de facto name of the current console.

Before we found out the name of XBO was Xbox One I was always a fan of the name NeXbox when referring to it.

Next Xbox is likely the prototype name of what eventually became Xbox One though.

Kouriozan

Microsoft bought Nintendo confirmed, am I doing it right?
Kinda reminds me of Apple "New iPad" and then they released "New iPad with Retina display"...

Top Bottom