• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're Microsoft at E3 hypothetically - what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc

Keep doing what they're doing, and try to keep the division cost effective. Once the next industry reboot comes around, then it'll be time for them to really invest a lot of money into the division and try to regain market share.

Cidd

Halo 6, Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 2. More Windows 10 features, announce more new games and cancel them later.

and

Cup head.

That should keep Xbox fans happy.

They should have some games to show like:

Left 4 Dead 3
Rallisport Challenge 3 would be awesome, but I thought they sold the rights
Crackdown
Banjo Kazooie
Halo Wars 2
Maybe another timed exclusive like Skyrim HD or Kotor HD.

If they showed a new Age of Empires for PC and Xbox One only, that could be big.

I would go away from PS4k, and say Xbox One Slim w/ free game is $199 to $229. If it is discless, sell it for $199.

MaulerX

Effectively with these node shrinks, Sony already is on a new generation for Neo. Microsoft can't somehow wait a little bit longer and get massively larger performance.

They are bound by the same limitations that Sony is in terms of the cost/power equation.

Unless something drastically changes in hardware, I suspect iterative updates will become the norm rather than generational.

How can Neo be a new generation when it'll be effectively bottlenecked by the current one?

Pizza

Show off that cloud processing. Tbh I still think it has big potential. Also just double down on "Xbox is MS's gaming service" and announce Xbone titles for PC.

Also I'd have a new Rare ip game of some sort, I know rare themselves are doing the pirate game but if a new battletoads or banjo is in the works (they should be) then I'd be sure to show it off.

Edit: also scale bound plz I want it

How can Neo be a new generation when it'll be effectively bottlenecked by the current one?

Going forward, I don't think we're going to get massive leaps in power.

Development is way too expensive to transition to that sort of ecosystem again, and I feel that new hardware will be released whenever there are process shrinks giving a boost to performance.

Eventually, new games will not support much older hardware, similar to the mobile model.

garyizraw

Banned
Only announce games and other exclusive or console exclusive features for the Xbox One then at the end of the show hit that classic "Wait one last thing" and announce another conference scheduled for August. At that conference you can bring up the brand new Xbox and get it away from the Sony Versus MS Versus Nintendo atmosphere. Also the added time will allow them to examine NEO and properly explain the product and how it relates to the Xbox ecosystem.

If they announced Minecraft 2, that would end up being the biggest news story of E3 and would get even more mainstream coverage than the new consoles. Doubt Mojang are looking to make a sequel yet though.

cakely

Remind people that Microsoft has some of the smartest graphics programmers IN THE WORLD and that we CREATED DirectX,

fantomena

*Phil enters stage*
*Fake snow fall down*
"The team at Xbox and HBO is proud to announce that winter is coming exclusively to Xbox One and Windows 10 with this new game from the beloved universe from George R.R. Martin"

Zedox

What I think will happen:

1st: 3rd Party Games that have exclusive content
2nd: Demos of games previously announced for this year (Halo Wars 2, ReCore)
3rd: New Xbox / W10 features coming with Anniversary Update
4th: New IP for both XBO/W10 coming this year
5th: Show off new Xboxes (slim, plus, elite) and don't show prices

What I want to happen:

1-5 of the previous list plus:

6th: Announce XBL multiplayer is free on XBO and is like the old PS+
7th: Announce that all 1st party published games that are on both XBO/W10 are cross-buy
8th: Announce Star Wars KOTOR 3 for XBO/W10 and mic drop

True Fire

Lots of games. Lots of third party announcements. Lots of first party games that will probably be canceled but will still overshadow Sony for the time being. The Xbox 1.5 being more powerful and/or cheaper than the Neo. A surprising partnership like Bloodborne was for Sony (Scalebound could be this if it has a badass trailer).

Realistically speaking Sony will probably win E3 again but it's nice to dream

blakep267

Honestly, I don't think they need to worry about the Neo since I really don't think it's going to be much of a factor at all. The PS4 getting a price drop is more of a console mover than the Neo

All MS has to do is cut the 500 gb price to $299 permanently( will be $249 during Black Friday) and announce/ show off a bunch of games and partnerships, show some more Windows 10 stuff and ride this year out.

Announce games for the fall:
Forza Horizon 3
Cuphead
Even more
Showcase Gears limited edition console.

Hammer home that there is only One console in the Xbox line up, that they are all capable of streaming and playing 4K media.

Showcase Universal apps on the Xbox one, get a official Sega Emulator where you can buy the ROMs from the Xbox store for a cheap price.

Hammer home that we care about our fanbase and don't want to split them up in to the haves and have nots.

End show on Massive exclusive of Shenmue 1 and 2 for Sega Emulator.

UrbanRats

Do a reverse Tretton

Phil excitedly:
"The XBox One wont have you wondering which version of console to buy"
"Every game will be optimized to the max on XBox One"
"And furthermore, we will not be releasing a $399 version of XBox One this holiday"

*a clap here and there*

Philip: dang I was sure that would work

Gave me a laugh, good job mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom