• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're Microsoft at E3 hypothetically - what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGamer92

Banned
For real, a lot of games (XB1 exclusives):
Gears 4
Forza Horizon 3
Dead Rising 4
Sea of Thieves
Cracdown 3
Sunset Overdrive 2
Recore
Scalebound
Phantom Dust
Alan Wake 2
Banjo 3
Otogi 3
Skyrim Remastered (exclusive)
KOTOR 1+2 Remastered (exclusive)
New IP
More Japanese support

Syinn

Neo Member
New shared world/Galaxy loot shooter based on Halo or gears universe, beta released after presentation.

Showcase Universal apps on the Xbox one, get a official Sega Emulator where you can buy the ROMs from the Xbox store for a cheap price.

End show on Massive exclusive of Shenmue 1 and 2 for Sega Emulator.

This would be dope. Emulator and sell the ROMs cheap aka digital throwbacks. For those like me who don't pirate.

Zombine

Banned
  • Announce Red Dead Redemption GWG for June
  • Announce partnership with Rockstar for RDR2
  • Gears 4 Info
  • Forza stuff
  • Talk about how indie devs are great and that they have a renewed interest in them, have some devs up for some exclusives
  • Banjo stuff
  • Xbox X Win 10 stuff
  • Halo Wars for Win 10

MS should be able to announce a slim version by now. They also need to invest in exclusives as they aren't the choice for multiplatform gaming this generation like last.

If they do announce a xbox one.5 it needs to be stronger than the neo so it will become the choice for multiplatform gaming. If that happens I'll buy one.

kpaadet

What I think will happen:

1st: 3rd Party Games that have exclusive content
2nd: Demos of games previously announced for this year (Halo Wars 2, ReCore)
3rd: New Xbox / W10 features coming with Anniversary Update
4th: New IP for both XBO/W10 coming this year
5th: Show off new Xboxes (slim, plus, elite) and don't show prices

What I want to happen:

1-5 of the previous list plus:

6th: Announce XBL multiplayer is free on XBO and is like the old PS+
7th: Announce that all 1st party published games that are on both XBO/W10 are cross-buy
8th: Announce Star Wars KOTOR 2 for XBO/W10 and mic drop
A port of an old game is mic drop worthy now?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'd like to see Hidetaka Miyazaki announce a Microsoft funded Sci-Fi esque Souls game. Can't think of a bigger announcement that would make the GAF servers implode.

But really I would like to see more Japanese funded games coming out of Microsoft. Diversify along with Cuphead, Halo Wars 2, Scalebound etc. I know Scalebound is funded by Microsoft but it has a Western design which I do personally like. I'd love to see more JRPGs on Xbox One.

jax

Banned
Honestly? Give up. There's no competing with NX/NEO. Even a beefier Xbox won't have the compelling first party lineup to carry it. They shouldn't announce a new console. Maybe price drop the One to $180 and pray a lot.

Honestly? Give up. There's no competing with NX/NEO. Even a beefier Xbox won't have the compelling first party lineup to carry it. They shouldn't announce a new console. Maybe price drop the One to $180 and pray a lot.

Actually their first party is looking pretty strong I just think it will be overshadowed by new console hype.

score01

Only announce games and other exclusive or console exclusive features for the Xbox One then at the end of the show hit that classic "Wait one last thing" and announce another conference scheduled for August. At that conference you can bring up the brand new Xbox and get it away from the Sony Versus MS Versus Nintendo atmosphere. Also the added time will allow them to examine NEO and properly explain the product and how it relates to the Xbox ecosystem.

End with a cliff hanger announcement of an announcement? Good thinking! People love those!

LowSignal

Look under your seat for the new Xbox One S also available at retailers starting today. Games games games, developers developers developers. Spend the time wisely and drill in that the games shown will be in the players hands by years end or 12 months.

Neoxon

The NX Console is more-or-less a non-issue for Microsoft (mostly different audience). It's the PS4K that's the problem.

If they are going the upgraded console route, then really have some show stoppers to show off the new console's potential. And games, games, games. I know they are lagging behind Sony, but it's not like they are at Wi iU levels,
cries over his Wii U
; personally i would just like them to push even more games.

Look under your seat for the new Xbox One S also available at retailers starting today. Games games games, developers developers developers. Spend the time wisely and drill in that the games shown will be in the players hands by years end or 12 months.
Next day, gaming blogs/news sites articles be like: "don't be so exited about the new PS Neo, 10 reasons why the Xbox S is the better choice "
Also Kuchera twitting asking fellow game journos if MS sent them the Xbox S cause he hasn't received his yet.

MrFlooD

I would do the following. (especially since they care about MAU's)

This might not be at E3, but I am super confident its the future.

XboxOS - free update
- Dedicated OS that requires a restart/reboot to access. OS will be identical to what's on the xbox one.(or future boxes)
- When in XboxOS you will be locked into the xbox ecosystem. Including apps/games/marketplace. No ability to sideload apps or games
- will act just like a standard xbox and allow cloud saves, cross buy/play, and live access.
- Accessories are cross compatible between Xbox One and XboxOS
- support a wide range of PC specs and allow games to take advantage of advanced hardware and GPS's
- Since a dedicated gaming OS based on Windows games will preform better vs running on SteamOS or Windows 10.

The long term game is to own the Ecosystem. I think this would go a long way in growing MS's.

KingBroly

Banned
Xbox One:
- Halo 6 for Fall 2017
- Release dates for stuff you know about
- new SKU: "Xbox One and Done" Allows you to convert retail discs into digital copies, removing all content from said discs
- SUPER Minecraft for Fall 2017, 16-bit style, XB1 only

PC:
- Rare Replay coming to PC
- 360 games playable on W10 somehow
- The Mister Chief Collection coming to PC
- Halo 5 coming to PC
- Halo 6 coming to PC, cross-platform play

Doffen

Showcase a $300m baseball deal

Just what the Xbox needs.

3FdadFc.jpg

RowdyReverb

A new SKU at an aggressive low price seems like a good move if they aren't releasing new hardware to compete with the NX and Neo. If you can't beat their specs, beat their price. It worked for the Wii

mosdl

Xbox One:
- Halo 6 for Fall 2017
- Release dates for stuff you know about
- new SKU: "Xbox One and Done" Allows you to convert retail discs into digital copies, removing all content from said discs
- SUPER Minecraft for Fall 2017, 16-bit style, XB1 only

PC:
- Rare Replay coming to PC
- 360 games playable on W10 somehow
- The Mister Chief Collection coming to PC
- Halo 5 coming to PC
- Halo 6 coming to PC, cross-platform play

I just want Sunshine Overdrive on PC

Asd202

Do a reverse Tretton

Phil excitedly:
"The XBox One wont have you wondering which version of console to buy"
"Every game will be optimized to the max on XBox One"
"And furthermore, we will not be releasing a $399 version of XBox One this holiday"

*a clap here and there*

Philip: dang I was sure that would work

And then every game continues to runs worse on Xbone compared to the orignal PS4 whelp.

TM94

No Hololens

No bullshit new halfway console

No vaporware games like Phantom Dust

Announce that 343 and The Coalition can work on new IP alongside Halo/Gears projects

Forza Horizon 3 set in Japan

Talk shit about the NEO

Chris1

If I was Phil Spencer this is what I'd do:

- Walk on stage and announce we're committed to the hardware and software people have already bought, mention how all future xbox consoles will be backwards and forwards compatible, explain a little bit in brief detail. Close this statement with a "While I do expect a next generation from Microsoft, we have nothing to announce in the foreseeable future. When we do release a next more powerful Xbox, it will be at the start of a new generation and a full generational leap and how we're not interested in half measures or giving users advantages because they bought their console at a different time"

- Bring up Backwards Compatibility feature from last year and have a sizzle reel in the background of games coming in the near future, with Red Dead Redemption and other highly requested titles available right now

- Go into detail a little more about their plans for Windows 10, if all future xbox games are going to PC, announce it here and get it over with. End the statement with "We have heard the feedback about wanting Win10 and Xbox gaming policies to be more consistent and as of today, xbox live gold will no longer be required for multiplayer on any xbox console."

- Begin showing all the upcoming releases for 2016/2017.

- Towards the end come back on stage and announce custom Elite controllers and the slim console starting at $299 with a price drop for the VCR to $250

..Of course this isn't going to happen, but I can dream. While I think the future console and PC stuff doesn't really hold it's place at E3, or at this point in time (if they aren't doing an upgraded console), I do think they have to at least explain shit.

Proelite

Xbox Slim with 25% upclock across the board and possibly more ram.

Odst 2 announcement.
Halo Wars 2 footage
Gears 4 sp footage
Alan Wake 2 announcement
Recore footage
Dragon game footage.
One new IP announcement.
Forza 6 footage.

rokkerkory

Games, games and more games?

Price drop as well.

Let NX and PS4k battle it out and then take next E3 by storm with next iteration of X1.

This E3 belongs to NX and PS4k

Jmille99

They'll do what they always do:

1. Wear a shirt for a franchise to tease but not actually do anything with - this alone will have people talking for weeks like usual

2. Show the games coming out this year like Gears and Crackdown multiplayer (and also tease Crackdown for 2017

3. Show games 2+ years out

Doffen

Reintroduce the original Xbox One DRM plans. That way all the people who thought it was going to be a good idea can finally get the console they deserve.

Majority of my games on PS4 and XB1 are digital. I'm down with a revision of how digital games work on consoles.

Amgash

Banned
For real, a lot of games (XB1 exclusives):
Gears 4
Forza Horizon 3
Dead Rising 4
Sea of Thieves
Cracdown 3
Sunset Overdrive 2
Recore
Scalebound
Phantom Dust