• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

I know very little about console hardware, and Even I just laughed at this rumor, just sounds like something a kid will say to try and impress his friends.

Javin98

Banned
a966f4d587ac378df62459fc837b6249.jpg

televator

I dont even think such claims even justify a response. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to hop onto my flying unicorn. I've got a meeting with the tooth fairy at noon, in the land dreams.

mclem

I just really hope they decide to name it Xbox One Two. To be perfectly honest it's the only reason I'd consider buying one.

I'm looking forward to the charity promotion where buying games on Live will help fund a games console for Ritchie, Scott, J, Sean and Abz.

"Xbox One Two free for 5ive"

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Ugh, ridiculous and utterly pointless for Microsoft to do something like that. There are limits to what a platform holder can do for a specific price ($400) unless they are willing to take a significant loss. Do I want to see a powerful console? Fuck yeah. I also want to see games that take advantage of the said hardware.

Also that source in the OP is pweeetty bad and these people are not very good at math.

Elandyll

Banned
The Neo rumor peg it around 3.5TF (about equiv to a GTX 970).

Even 2x that, at a reasonable price, is a pipe dream.

5x? Pure clickbait in Unicorn land.

E92 M3

I expect to it to be more powerful (MS wants to change the current narrative), but the magnitude is still in question.

Here's my question: what's even the benefit for MS?

They're losing now. Come out with some crazy expensive console that sells at a loss. They're still losing.

That's why it sounds like a fanboy dream. Doesnt make a whole lot of actual business.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't know how reliable is it but it seems to me that many people here didn't even read the first sentence of the article:

"Microsoft's new Xbox, codenamed Xbox NeXt, won't be a mid-cycle upgrade--it'll be a fully fledged next-gen console with higher-end PC-grade hardware"

XBNext won't be a xb1.5, but a full xb2, so it makes totally sense that it's more powerful than the ps4.5, i don't know what 5x more powerful really means though.

nOoblet16

Yea utter bullshit. Xbox 360 to Xbox One was 8 times and that was after 10 years...not to mention Xbox One itself is weaker than PS4.
This would mean we're looking at close to 6 times the jump here within 3 years...lol

Not happening.

Wagram

That's why it sounds like a fanboy dream. Doesnt make a whole lot of actual business.

Well we already have fanboys like Crapgamer running with the story like its fact. Some simply think of these devices as a blood sport and that the corporations should dump billions into them without the thought of recouping investments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom