• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicles (at least tanks and planes) are now Class Specific in Battlefield 1

SaganIsGOAT

Good. Choose your role. Don't want no stupid ass snipers taking vehicles to the hills that they then abandon. So annoying

Elitist1945

Good. No more people using it just to get somewhere without actually wanting to use it properly and help the team.

_woLf

Good. Choose your role. Don't want no stupid ass snipers taking vehicles to the hills that they then abandon. So annoying

THANK

GAWD

This is especially an issue since vehicles will not be as fast, I'd assume. No assholes jumping into jets just so they can parachute onto a tower to snipe people.

So are the vehicles not actually on the map like in Battlefront or are they there and you just can't drive a vehicle unless you have the right class?

Drencrom

That's great news to me, no more random assholes taking vehicles "just cause" only to waste them for people that are intending to use them properly to help the team etc.

I guess it's also more realistic in a sense.

tw1164

I think people will just pick a vehicle class then kill themselves if they don't get one of the vehicles in opening sprint to the vehicles.

Whales

Banned
I honestly don't see why this would be considered a good thing

I can't pick a sniper class and get in a tank if I happen to see one at spawn... yay?

"Let's not tweak the spawn system to give players more options so they stop using vehicles for transportation... Johnson... Any ideas?"

"Let's just limit the vehicles in game to certain classes, instead"

"Great idea, Johnson! Let's limit options for the players instead of expanding them! I'd hate to see some random noob who doesn't know how to drive a tank get in one at the last second to turn the tide of a fight and save his team reluctantly when the driver has fallen! I want none of that teamwork bullshit! Johnson, make it so!"

Liamc723

I can't pick a sniper class and get in a tank if I happen to see one at spawn... yay?

Because then you're not playing your class correctly.

Why should a sniper be anywhere near a tank?

SummitAve

Banned

Doesn't really make sense if vehicles will allow for passengers either. Driver gets shot, is stuck.

There probably won't be many vehicles or they will be fairly limited in scope.

Crono27

Not a big fan of this personally. Enjoyed being able to randomly jump in a. Empty vehicle and running for my life

Cool. Don't care either way. Also I find the vid to be kind of unclear. Maybe being "dedicated" just means something different and not you cannot get into any other vehicle. But either way it's not a big deal if you can change it any time you die.

off topic but ofcourse jackfrags would be the first with news for a battlefield game. Dude was on EA's payroll for bf4, instructed to not show any bugs. He kept saying how polished the game was before release.

Take his info as info, but take his opinions with a huge grain of shill salt.

AEREC

Kind of sucks I won't be able to randomly jump in abanoned vehicles unless I happen to be the correct class.

I like the idea...hopefully there's just one class that can be pilots, one that can use tanks and allow everyone to use transportation vehicles.

Cool. Don't care either way. Also I find the vid to be kind of unclear. Maybe being "dedicated" just means something different and not you cannot get into any other vehicle. But either way it's not a big deal if you can change it any time you die.

It's a big deal if I can't switch between vehicles within one life. That is fucked.

diaspora

This is exactly why it's a good thing. If you want to use a specific vehicle choose your class based on the tactical value.

Because then you're not playing your class correctly.

Why should a sniper be anywhere near a tank?

Because not every recon player are a sniper and not every sniper going to be on a hill 5000 miles away.

Not to mention you also kill the vehicle-stealing antics

That sucks. The sandbox spontaneity of jumping in vehicles and doing something surprising is a big part of why I play Battlefield at all.

Top Bottom