• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicles (at least tanks and planes) are now Class Specific in Battlefield 1

1upmuffin

Huh, not a fan of this, seems against the main ideas of Battlefield. What if it's like Battlefront where you spawn in vehicles and can't get out of them? That would suck.

This game is about teamwork.
Every game based on teamwork is usually shit if you pug it.

Seriously. The internet isn't new. That's how it works when you are only in it for you. Now you'll still get those same people hogging the rides because they choose a class to. No stealing vehicles. No dynamics. Same problem.

Solves nothing, mate. Especially the teamwork aspect. People will do the same shit they've always done.

joecanada

If this is to solve the transportation problem then perhaps DICE should have looked at the fucking spawn system to make it more versatile? So that shit doesn't happen?

Instead you'll get people STILL hogging the vehicle spawns... No matter what. This solves somewhere between jack and shit.

ya that could be but the problem isn't really the spawns its that people need to go camp up a mountain, I guess just add more ATV's or in this game , horses lol. bring on the horses! bicycles! Just play hardcore and shoot them I guess lol.

Piggus

This is good.

For those that don't like it, custom servers will most likely be able to change it. At least I expect the PC version to allow that.

I think almost everybody in this thread has either not watched the video or completely misinterpreted what was said. Either that or I'm dumb.

He didn't explain himself very well, but he never said a word about any class being barred from any vehicle. He did say 'vehicle specific classes' but in the very next sentence, he says, "For example, if you spawn in a tank, you will be a tank driver."

Again, I really believe that this just boils down to not being allowed to ditch vehicles.

Bsigg12

The only thing battlefield had unique was the craziness

Anyone being able to strap c4 to cars and making suicide runs, crazy plane stunts, etc

I don't like limitations in a battlefield game

Who's to say that's not still there? What if they have decided to change the way people get vehicles but things on the ground can still be grabbed if vaccant. Until we hear directly from DICE or get a chance to play, we simply don't know.

Why the hell do so many of u strive for realism in a game? Or try to limit what a player can do? its a bloody video game. I want to be able to pilot a plane, parachute out before it blows up, run & gun, hop into a tank and kill horses.

Forcing people to play a certain way never works

Fuck this trash, hope cod destroys it.

I miss wing riding in bf1942 =(

Battlefield is all about jumping off a 5 meter tall roof using your parachute, riding on the wings of a bomber plane to drop off over the enemy base, putting a jeep full of TNT and driving it into an enemy AA gun, flipping a helicopter upon take off 50 times before you learn how to fly in desert combat and trying to drop bombs onto the enemy tank with your ww2 plane, only to get shot as the pilot and have your plane turn into a paper plane physics wise.

I also miss stunt clans from bf1942

If dice are really continuing with the battlefront reboot type of design then they've gone completely off the rails.

Siphorus

Huh, not a fan of this, seems against the main ideas of Battlefield. What if it's like Battlefront where you spawn in vehicles and can't get out of them? That would suck.
Um, you press square and hold it and you can get out of all the vehicles, some instantly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
A part of me just died inside.

Seriously. Half of these posters aren't even gonna play for more than a week (if that) and they think this is a good design decision.

Just fuck my shit up, DICE.

Alienous

As I said in the other thread I hope the vehicular classes (let's say 'Driver' and 'Pilot') get exclusive driving access to their vehicles at the cost of have less equipment to other classes, such as just a pistol.

I think that's better than being locked inside of the vehicle.

joecanada

Go play battlefield 4. Go look at how much teamwork is going around. Oh right. Not much.

This is true for all the battlefields honestly but most of us have found I am sure that it only takes like two to four dudes actually playing with teamwork, PTFO, to totally dominate a game.
I could go into a game with a team getting wasted with a couple friends and completely turn it around just by sticking together in our squad. and I'm not a pro player at all.

you can't ever eliminate those useless people doing god knows what but if you get into a decent squad it's worth the stay.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
off topic but ofcourse jackfrags would be the first with news for a battlefield game. Dude was on EA's payroll for bf4, instructed to not show any bugs. He kept saying how polished the game was before release.

Take his info as info, but take his opinions with a huge grain of shill salt.

I haven't forgotten BF4, Jack Frags is an EA shill. Not surprised he has the news.

As for the topic, I think it's odd. Am I going to run up to a vehicle and encounter a red circle and slash because I don't have the required class? I think in some cases it's not going to me sense.

I think almost everybody in this thread has either not watched the video or completely misinterpreted what was said. Either that or I'm dumb.

He didn't explain himself very well, but he never said a word about any class being barred from any vehicle. He did say 'vehicle specific classes' but in the very next sentence, he says, "For example, if you spawn in a tank, you will be a tank driver."

Again, I really believe that this just boils down to not being allowed to ditch vehicles.

So vehicles are essentially huge "characters" instead of, you know, vehicles? This somehow sounds even more stupid.

No_Style

I am curious how they will handle this. If only vehicle classes can enter vehicles, it's not going to stop people from taking a vehicle class, fly/ride to a control point, cap it and then respawn at next death as a different class.

I am curious how they will handle this. If only vehicle classes can enter vehicles, it's not going to stop people from taking a vehicle class, fly/ride to a control point, cap it and then respawn at next death as a different class.

Which was how Olimpia played conquest in some days.
Perfectly valid strategy if you know what you are doing

As a huge Battlefield fan, this is welcome news indeed.

It forces more character classes being picked and I'll have less worry or facing an entire team full of snipers. Especially on the larger maps.

Very smart move.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Thank god. Such a simple change and solves all the issues I had with people taking vehicles that they won't otherwise use.

Eh you can get out of vehicles in battlefront.

But you cant obviously get back in again.

Melchior

I like this. I feel like they will still have vehicles to hop in and out of so this is a nice alternative for people who are ONLY interested in flying planes or tanks. I'm sure there will still be people standing at plane spawns.

I miss wing riding in bf1942 =(

Battlefield is all about jumping off a 5 meter tall roof using your parachute, riding on the wings of a bomber plane to drop off over the enemy base, putting a jeep full of TNT and driving it into an enemy AA gun, flipping a helicopter upon take off 50 times before you learn how to fly in desert combat and trying to drop bombs onto the enemy tank with your ww2 plane, only to get shot as the pilot and have your plane turn into a paper plane physics wise.

I also miss stunt clans from bf1942

If dice are really continuing with the battlefront reboot type of design then they've gone completely off the rails.
Choppers were so hard to control but so rewarding once u mastered them
Go play battlefield 4. Go look at how much teamwork is going around. Oh right. Not much.
So? I play games to have fun. Ps. I dont even use a headset unless im playing with friends, i bet this annoys u but guess what? There are millions just like me

Seriously. Half of these posters aren't even gonna play for more than a week (if that) and they think this is a good design decision.

Just fuck my shit up, DICE.
I've got a minimum of 150 hours on every Battlefield game since Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and I think it's a good decision.

Good. I love rigidly enforced roles and cannot stand games that allow players flexibility.

f3f297896da14b32587a8ffe6bbb21b9ddbe2c55

you're part of the problem. wtf would you go in a tank as a sniper???????

Because you can and the current situation makes it your best choice.

Not a fan.

Battlefront got pretty stale pretty quick, and the streamlining of the experience had a lot to do with it.

Planetside 2 handled this fairly well. Anyone could take a tank - but to make it a really effective one you would have to level it up. It meant that dedicated tank dudes got what they wanted, and schmoes like me got what they wanted.

No_Style

Which was how Olimpia played conquest in some days.
Perfectly valid strategy if you know what you are doing

Totally. If squad spawning is on, it's not going to discourage people from ditching planes behind enemy lines. All it does is nerf (I assume vehicle classes will have limited infantry power) for a very small window. Hell, even with just a pistol, it won't discourage them because they can just pick up another class/weapon on the field.

If they're implementing it like I think they are, it's just a giant boondoggle. I'm willing to be wrong though.

I've got a minimum of 150 hours on every Battlefield game since Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and I think it's a good decision.

Umm...there are a number of us in here that disagrees with the idea who has a minimum of 400 hours on every Battlefield game since BF2.

That doesn't make our opinion any more or less valid than yours.

Tieske

Neo Member
As I said in the other thread I hope the vehicular classes (let's say 'Driver' and 'Pilot') get exclusive driving access to their vehicles at the cost of have less equipment to other classes, such as just a pistol.

I think that's better than being locked inside of the vehicle.

On top of that, I hope that entering a vehicle as another a class turns you into said pilot or driver. In BF4 your character model actually turns into a pilot suit if entering a jet and stays so even after ejecting

I'm not sure what this system is trying to do without knowing what the details are, but if its like that i'm totally fine with it

Pastry

Banned
On top of that, I hope that entering a vehicle as another a class turns you into said pilot or driver

I'm not sure what this system is trying to do without knowing what the details are, but if its like that i'm totally fine with it

I would be okay with that. DICE were still emphasizing "Battlefield moments" so I have a feeling that it'll still be possible to hop right in to a vehicle.

Not sure what you're getting at.

Post 1: "I've played a lot and I think it's great."

Post 2: "I've played a lot more and I think it's terrible. Playing a lot doesn't make me more or less right than you."

No.

Post 1: people that are agreeing only play it for a week anyway

Post 2: I played for over 150 hours and I agree with it

Yours: stop saying your opinion is better than mine.

See?

If it keeps bad players out of biplanes, then I'm for it. If you want practice flying, play air superiority instead of costing your team a vehicle.

Top Bottom