• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe UC4 Review

Hoje0308

Banned
12 Hours for 60$. Climbing for 9 hours, 3 hours of Slow walking, puzzles, or the occasional gunfight with AI dummies.

Good graphics for sure, but the writing? or the story? Hes right about Sam dude was injected as a plot device to make the 4th and Amy Henigs story was scrapped. Most of you are probably only mesmerized by the facial animation to realize how average the story is.

But it seems if someone has a bad opinion on this game they get bombarded with death threats and hate. So my bad 10/10 Goty every year.

You can have a different opinion without being a condescending asshole. Were you not aware that's an option? Also, big surprise here, some people genuinely liked the story. Crazy, I know.

chozen

You can have a different opinion without being a condescending asshole. Were you not aware that's an option? Also, big surprise here, some people genuinely liked the story. Crazy, I know.

Whats the story again? and btw check my psn NovumZero, just so you know im not lying about actually playing the game, I'm a ps fan but sorry, my opinion is different lmao.

I had more fun with Ratchet and Clank.

So
I smoked a little bit and
angry joe thinks
tlou is better than Uc4.
and I agree.

Even though I infinitely like and enjoy Uc4 more than
tlou
, and both are masterpieces, I definitely say
tlou
is the one on top. It is the best game I have ever played.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
12 Hours for 60$. Climbing for 9 hours, 3 hours of Slow walking, puzzles, or the occasional gunfight with AI dummies.

Good graphics for sure, but the writing? or the story? Hes right about Sam dude was injected as a plot device to make the 4th and Amy Henigs story was scrapped.
Most of you are probably only mesmerized by the facial animation to realize how average the story is. Nadine walks out of the plot and Rafe is a spoiled brat.

But it seems if someone has a bad opinion on this game they get bombarded with death threats and hate. So my bad 10/10 Goty every year.

You know, you can have bait with 80 less words. You wasted too much energy on this.

A stale cracker/10.

etta

my hard graphic balls
tlou is better than Uc4.
and I agree.

tlou

I definitely say
tlou

How drunk are you =O

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
So full review is going to Battleborne I guess. heh

Unfortunately no, that was was also a Review on the Run...er..I mean Rapid Fire review.

I assume all games that came out this month will be RF reviews since he is going to E3, even Doom sadly enough.

Whats the story again? and btw check my psn NovumZero, just so you know im not lying about actually playing the game, I'm a ps fan but sorry, my opinion is different lmao.

In the off chance that you're not trolling, a word of advice. The majority of people will not look down on genuine attempts at criticism and discussion.

Hoje0308

Banned

Wow, you just keep getting better. I'll save you the synopsis, as I'm well aware of the point you're so childishly trying to make. Couldn't give a shit about your PSN, it's your awful attitude that I was addressing. Congrats on liking another game though.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So
angry joe thinks
tlou is better than Uc4.
and I agree.

tlou
tlou

Hahahaha

Ploid 3.0

So
angry joe thinks
tlou is better than Uc4.
and I agree.

tlou
tlou

That other game is hard to top, especially compared to a colorful, at times funny, present day, "my only problem is getting home in time for lunch" Uncharted.

The thing ND comes up with next may have a chance though. Uncharted was always going to be Uncharted.

Not saying that I think the other game is better, but I can see why it may not be for people. Moody vs lighthearted, always dangerous, vs cracking wise while swinging in the sun.

Tutomos

You should read the Neil Druckmann interview with Rolling Stone. They weren't even trying to go for "fun". So what you are expecting is totally diffident than what they are trying to deliver.

BTW, The Order 1886 had great graphics and facial animation. I personally would even say it's better than Uncharted 4, but that didn't stop it from getting less than favorable reviews.

Woulda prolly given it lower, but he probably knows about the fanboys and it would hurt his reputation, shit people are still freaking out.

KP6W1bF.png

Did you watch the video or pay attention to it? This is what he said during the end on the video.
"with only a few tweaks this could have "easily" been a 10/10."

Had nothing to do with his reputation.

Mentioned he'd like crafting/customizing from Tomb Raider.

Video closed, opinion discarded.

Also, that other guy was playing with lock-on aiming.

chozen

In the off chance that you're not trolling, a word of advice. The majority of people will not look down on genuine attempts at criticism and discussion.

No one can prove me wrong, so yes it is genuine.

Literally think someone trolls when they have a different opinion, did I even trash the game?

Goddamn

Legit question: What are you trying to do here, like what's your goal right now in acting this way?

Well you tell me, I didn't praise the game and everyone shouted at me. So what do I do other than say yeah man I'm sorry, its the game of the year?

Ploid 3.0

Mentioned he'd like crafting/customizing from Tomb Raider.

Video closed, opinion discarded.

Also, that other guy was playing with lock-on aiming.

They both were. Joe didn't like the targeting even though there were tons of options to tweak the targeting to the sensitivity, or amount of assist that you want. I have not seen so many options for targeting on console actually. Good on ND for doing that.

Good graphics for sure, but the writing? or the story? Hes right about Sam dude was injected as a plot device to make the 4th and Amy Henigs story was scrapped.
Most of you are probably only mesmerized by the facial animation to realize how average the story is. Nadine walks out of the plot and Rafe is a spoiled brat.

Good god, man. How condescending can you get?

Man, I swear, every Naughty Dog game thread I go to, it's either the Naughty Gods cult, or people on the other end of the spectrum embarrassing themselves with poorly thought out criticism in the form of a semi-meltdown.

I don't enjoy Angry Joe's content, but yeah, this is definitely a 9/10 game, and easily one of the best this generation. Eagerly looking forward to Naughty Dog's next game.

They both were. Joe didn't like the targeting even though there were tons of options to tweak the targeting to the sensitivity, or amount of assist that you want. I have not seen so many options for targeting on console actually. Good on ND for doing that.

They didn't do enough, really. If you turn off aim assist, even at 0 aiming sensitivity it's too hard to not overshoot your aim all over the place. They should have tested that out better and given a broader range of sensitivity adjustments.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Literally think someone trolls when they have a different opinion, did I even trash the game?

Goddamn

No, but you made up some bullshit about how Angry Joe would have rated the game lower if it weren't for his fans, which is complete nonsense.

Woulda prolly given it lower, but he probably knows about the fanboys and it would hurt his reputation, shit people are still freaking out.

KP6W1bF.png

So the reason for the good score is because the reviewer was afraid of death threats from fanboys?

This is a new one. 9/10 for originality.

Uncharted 4 hadn't captured me yet. It's starting way too slow. It puts me off. It's as bad as tlou start. I hate that naughty dog starting to do this to their games. I don't remember uncharted 2&3 being this slow at the start.

But oh boy, the multiplayer in uncharted 4 is amazing. The 60 FPS really helps this make a very smooth experience. I gotta say it's one of the best multiplayers ive ever played. I just can't wait till they come out with horde mode and other modes.

Goddamn
I guess I'm inclined to think someone is just trolling with bait when their post is outlandishly stupid, absurdly insulting and factually incorrect. It takes something special to be all three.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
His channel has gone down hill and this rapid fire review is really a lazy effort but this shit will still get the hits. Shame as his full reviews were unique.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

Having an opinion is fine. Calling into question the intelligence and critical thinking of people who have a different opinion than yours is shitty.

Goddamn

Well you tell me, I didn't praise the game and everyone shouted at me. So what do I do other than say yeah man I'm sorry, its the game of the year?

Well, I think that your "criticism" underrates the whole package on display. It's an advancement on pretty much everything in the series with very large variety in settings and gameplay to match. It's got good replay value in the ability to skip to any combat section in the game. The game feel is extremely solid, which is impressive given the level of animation quality and blending.

Writing Wise, it pulls a nice set of foils in Sam and Rafe to Drake and the life he tried to leave behind. I think that some elements such as involving the mafia without consequence is problematic overall and the fact that Nathan doesn't really have any consequence for his return to thievery are weakpoints in the narrative. Some characters like Nadine are Underutilized. I enjoy that the story's treasure Mcguffin went for Human Greed rather than trending on the supernatural element as it kept expectations fresh. Thematically, it's nothing I haven't seen before in the vein of treasure stories, but it's a well told tale overall, albeit not a perfect one. (But what is perfect?)

Multiplayer Wise, It's a good game at its core but I still prefer the arena style of Uncharted 2 though a classic mode could work well here and I hope for its implementation in the future.

It's got a nearly flawless presentation however and that deserves commendation. Almost every part of the game looks right.

Hoje0308

Banned
The gaf troll train on chozen is a little out control. Can yall calm down and leave the man alone?

So the person that started with accusations of bias to please fanboys and then moved on to factually incorrect bait is now the victim in all of this? Give me a break...

Top Bottom