• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch troll tries to donate $50k then chargeback as a prank. It ends bad.

Vex_

Banned
Full video of him donating live here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf5sBvfaI-Q

18 year old dude named "iNexus_Ninja". He was donating in chunks of 1k to 2k, and sometimes upwards of 5k a pop. There were multiple twitch streamers, and the total payout was ~$50k across all of them.

They actually got to keep the money in the end apparently. Paypal denied his request for a refund.

Donate money to me if old.

People worried about this kid:

His Twitter hints that he has very well off parents (his "first" birthday gift of the day was a $200 workout bench), and he's poking fun at his $1010/month payments for this little stunt. He talks about blowing $4000 like it's nothing.

So, yeah.

Not that I'd ever do this, but if I donated that amount of money as a prank and couldn't get it back, I'd freak out pretty badly.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Not that I'd ever do this, but if I donated that amount of money as a prank and couldn't get it back, I'd freak out pretty badly.

Haha yeah 50K is more than a lot of people make in a year and this kid might not even have a steady cash flow, can't seem to see how old he is but yeah he outright fucked himself! Oh well guess the prank was funny for everyone else now that its on him.

idonteven

pretty sure that was not real money,twitch had a guy once named james_kappa and he donated 100k+ even on go fund me's etc and it was money that was not even real

was really really weird

no idea how something like that was even possible but that fucker sure did

13randO

What joy does one get from giving someone something only to take it away from them? That's messed up... Oh well, he got destroyed, LOL. EDIT: Honestly, I hope the the streamers just give the money back. Sure, the kid was being dumb, but that's quite the bill for being so.

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't get it, it's a compilation?

It's a compilation of Twitch streamers receiving huge amounts in donation money from the same guy named iNexus_Ninja.

The "prank" he was trying to pull was him donating a lot of money, then withdrawing the donation at a later stage, leaving the streamer with nothing. This stuff happens quite a lot on Twitch thanks to Paypal's option to withdraw a payment.

However, joke's on him as apparantly PayPal refuses to refund the money.

Quonny

Incredibly harsh lesson to learn.

Dude will likely be in debt the rest of his life now.

Just checked his Twitter, he has a $1000/month PayPal bill from this it seems.

Vex_

Banned
pretty sure that was not real money,twitch had a guy once named james_kappa and he donated 100k+ even on go fund me's etc and it was money that was not even real

was really really weird

no idea how something like that was even possible but that fucker sure did

In the video, they said it was verified (not pending)? So it was pure cash on their end? Not sure how paypal works as far as donations go.

w0s

Hopefully he is rich and can pay. If not in the end the credit card companies will charge us in some fashion to get the money back they lost.

Alienous

Oooooof.

I guess the only option is to ask each streamer to return the money out of the kindness of their hearts.

lol, but oooof.

LQX

Is this legit? Chargeback would mean he used a credit card but you're telling me fraud protection did not kick in almost immediately? No way. Regardless, even with PayPal denying the chargbacks he can still get back his money as it is up to the credit card company really. PayPal will come after him though.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
That's a lot of money. He should be able to get it back. Sure he was a dick, but he's a kid.

Top Bottom