• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Sonic game might get revealed on July 22.

This happened earlier today, The official Sonic Twitter account tweeted out a response from someone that asked about when the next game will be revealed. They responded with "Seven hundred and twenty-two." If you put this together the date is 7/22. It's the same date as the 25th Anniversary Event.

d12875572425594d5fa207d6caf82286.png

salromano

They already announced that July 22 is their 20th anniversary party event in San Diego and that it will provide "an exclusive first look at the future of Sonic."

And Sega's Aaron Webber said: “If you’re looking forward to a game announcement—I’m not saying that there’s going to be a game announcement at this party, but you should probably come to this party.”

Generations 2, you SOBs.

I'm playing Colors again right now and it is sublime, a mix of F-Zero and classic Sonic, even with the floatier jump that I don't like (Generations' jump felt heavier and like it had a bit less hang time, as I recall, which made the 2D platforming sections feel much better). That formula is exhilarating to me and makes for my favorite modern platformers.

I hope it's better than Lost World. Lost World has the honor of being the first game to ever give me motion sickness (I've been playing video games for 22 years).

ar4757

Yeah they basically already confirmed they'd not show it at E3. They're really taking this seriously, I expect great things

RK128

Sucks that it will likely not appear at E3 but I'm hoping for a teaser or something on the title before its officially announced at the big Anniversary Party :).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sonic Adventure Returns

ChaosXVI

Really seems odd to me that they aren't revealing it before the actual 25th anniversary. Usually Sonic games are always at E3 if they are launching that same year...

...Makes me wonder if it could be for NX.

I would be cool with that as long as they retconned Shadow's story in Sonic Heroes.

Sonic Heroes retconned Shadow's story in Sonic Heroes. There was a prototype where the line about clones was actually "If our Shadow is a fake,"

Besides, Plot Game of the Year Shadow the Hedgehog confirmed Shadow was caught by Eggman's robot before falling to his death, and the one skating around is the real one.
And all you had to do to hear that was kill a ludicrously long amount of time on the final boss after playing through the game ten times.

NotLiquid

Kind of weird for them to reveal a game this late in the year if Sonic's big anniversary game will be targeted for this year. That's only about 4 months of marketing. Usually Sonic games are hyped up for longer than that and I'd imagine they'd want to build up good-will quickly after Sonic Boom.

Guys, I want to talk about the Sonic timeline.

In Sonic Generations, modern Sonic interacts with classic Sonic and tells him it's going to be a great future. Did Modern Sonic change his own past? Will this new Sonic game take place in the changed past, the modern future, of the new future? And where is the computer room?

Really seems odd to me that they aren't revealing it before the actual 25th anniversary. Usually Sonic games are always at E3 if they are launching that same year...

...Makes me wonder if it could be for NX.

If it does come out in 2016 I'm expecting it'll be released on PS4/XB1/3DS this year, with an enhanced NX port at system launch that outsells the others.

Kinda like Sonic Adventure 2.

But really, Sonic 06 launched holiday 2006 on 360 and early 2007 on PS3, so past precedent seems to indicate they don't see a problem with launching certain SKUs slightly earlier or later, I guess?

Tall4Life

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind a complete Sonic 06 remake. Oddly, I enjoyed that game and wouldn't mind seeing the original vision for it before they were rushed.

A completely new game would be fine too, I guess :p

It happened!

95649_front.jpg

Daytime stages were great.
Amazing soundtrack: Windmill Isle (Day), Chun-nan (Night)
Only downside was the "werehog" stuff: iIt took too long, was repetitive and needed a few more months of polish to the levels/controls.

Overall though, Unleahsed was a decent game and well worth looking into if you wanted more Sonic Adventure.

I mean, if anything, Sonic 06 IS Sonic Adventure 3 in a way.

The structure of Sonic 06 is similar, a story driven game with a hub world and with multiple different playable characters with their own play-styles. The Sonic stages in particular were more closer to the free-roaming gameplay of SA1/2 compared to the on-rails stuff of the boost games. It just took everything that was wrong with the Adventure games and made them like a hundred times worse lol.

Top Bottom