• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Titanfall 2 maps and modes DLC will be free

Respawn Entertainment's head of development David Wightman has confirmed that all of Titanfall 2's map pack DLC will be released free of charge. Speaking at an EA Play event in London last night, Wightman told us that the studio plans to never charge its players for either maps or modes.

"We'll definitely be supporting Titanfall 2 post-launch, and I can confirm all maps and modes we deliver post-launch will be free. We'll be talking more about post-launch plans closer to release so stay tuned for more info," Wightman explained.

The question, then, is what exactly does Respawn plan to release as paid DLC for its futuristic FPS? Although Wightman couldn't go into detail, he was keen to stress that its plan does not include any sort of "pay-to-win stuff", explaining his frustration when the balance of an online multiplayer experience is ruined by "some kid who's spent an extra £40 on the game."

The original Titanfall, of course, received an enthusiastic welcome at launch, but its playerbase fell away relatively quickly in the months that followed. Respawn is understandably keen to avoid the same scenario when Titanfall 2 launches on 28 October. Wightman puts it in slightly less prosaic terms, though. "We're doing this for the community," he explained, "not the dollars."

http://www.gamesradar.com/all-titan...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Excellent!

Now wish DICE would follow it up.

Although, I like how frequent content is in a season pass.

Ideally, maps should after a while go free like in H2.

YES.

As long as they do it as well as Garden Warfare or H5 then I'm on board.

Should hopefully ensure the PC community lasts a bit longer than TF1 as well.

Bsigg12

Sound like the warpaint (Titan paint), nose paint (more Titan paint) and pilot skins may be part of a microtransaction system which is fine by me.

FeD.nL

This is what pushes TF2 over BF1 for me as the holiday shooter. Will wait for the Premium edition for BF1 with all the maps etc.

DrArchon

I'm still worried that players will end up paying for things like titans and guns and then someone at EA will say "Oh, but those aren't maps and modes! Besides they're totally balanced! It's not pay2win!"

If it's just cosmetic stuff though then that's perfectly fine and I applaud EA and Respawn. However I'll reserve judgment until that's confirmed.

Perfect. I dont care if they charge up the wazoo for loot crates, weapon skins or Titan paintjobs.

Free maps and good support means the game has a good community following.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
giphy.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
way to learn a lesson, EA

Too bad they probably aren't gonna apply that to Battlefield. Double-so when DICE-LA (the CTE side and supported BF4 after DICE-DICE dropped it) has complained in various channels about Premium fucking up the playerbase.

gonna suck when BF1 doesn't do this and the map pack servers drop off in a few weeks...

*For everything that isn't Conquest

DICE (and by proxy: DICE-LA): "WUTS OTHER MODES BESIDES CONQUEST THO!?"
Reason why I'm not hyped in any way for BF1932

Top Bottom