• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Titanfall 2 maps and modes DLC will be free

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Good idea. After the poor lifespan of the first game's online community, they'd be nuts to charge money for extra content.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Absolutely the best way to do things. No doubt there will be a loot box style system for cosmetic items but that is vastly preferable to the alternative.

MADGAME

Dumb question - is this game restricted to first-person only or does the player have the option of switching? I'd give the game a chance if the latter applies.

J-Rzez

Definitely more good news. Can't wait for this game. The real question is how much content is in MP this time around though, as that was what killed the original. And I do mean killed it off as it had that little content.

CHC

If loot boxes / cosmetics / boosters / whatever are the cost for this, then I think it's worth it, speaking generally. Much better to keep the community on the same page than have it just fall apart over the years. It's always fun to come back to a game you put down to see what's new anyway.

What is severe about having all gameplay relevant stuff unlocked from the get go and getting an infinite number of RNG loot boxes containing cosmetics for free just by playing the game?

Depends how fast you earn the crates. The earn rate for crates in blops 3 is painfully slow and dupes don't pay out much at all it made me stop playing a game I enjoy.

I do hope they aren't selling burn cards some of those in titanfall one could be really powerful.

NHale

They have to do this because they need a unified playerbase and at the same time it will make them more money if they keep people engaged and the sharks buying loot crates.

Good to hear. As much as I have enjoyed playing the 3 COD Black Ops games, I've never bought a season pass.

This makes me even more likely to pick up Titanfall 2.

Good news. Titanfall is one of the very few games I bought a Season Pass for (when it was on sale, mind you) but I'm very happy to hear this.

G_Berry

Banned
Free maps is always good news. Looking forward to picking this up on PS4. As much as I loved the bone version of 1, the screen tearing killed it for me. GO GO PS FO!

Greddleok

Seems like they learned from the last game. The community took a nose dive once paid maps were released. When I had to wait 10 minutes for a game because I didn't want to pay more money for a game I bought, I dropped it like a sack of shit, as did pretty much everyone else.

Top Bottom