• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Titanfall 2 maps and modes DLC will be free

kingwingin

That is great to hear! Im definetly leaning more titanfall that battlefield right now.

Just hope the xbox one version is solid this time around

Card Boy

Banned
Season passes and map packs are a terrible by product of the PS3/360 era. All they ever did was shit on a large portion of your playbase and had no one playing them anyway. The real money to be made is from IAP like skins or loot boxes. I rather take that shit over maps segregate the community.

Free maps are smart for any game. It keeps the existing player base playing longer = stronger community and stronger community = more players, more players = more people to reward the gamemakers with a little purchase.

MS has almost realised it, EA is starting to but they still have Battlefield and Battlefront season passes and Sony is starting to learn. Just Activision seems adamant when there is literally like 20 people playing their over priced DLC. Copy the Blizzard side of the company you tools!

Matt Frost

No season pass? I am happy that so many publishers are following this route: Overwatch and now Titanfall 2. Sold. Really sold. Only played the first one on a friends Xbox but now is coming to PS4 and I need it.

NHale

Nice.

I see loot boxes have been mentioned. Yeah I'll take free real gameplay changing content over dolly dress up any day.

I hope this is the new trend for multiplayer games. Free Maps and Characters for everyone just paid cosmetics. Online passes were a main thing previous years and publishers found out it didn't pay as much as they thought because they could get more via microtransactions from those that bought used.

I'm hopeful of this because COD and Battlefield are also trying to gauge the market about this with battlepacks and cryptokeys. By the way, EA didn't announce Premium for Battlefield 1, right? Also no mention of XB1 owners getting DLC 1 month earlier like they did with BF4 despite having a marketing deal.... Hummmmm...

They made all Titanfall 1 DLC free too - just several months later.

I'm glad this is now Day 1 Free and no more nonsense.

Good job all-around Respawn.

I will most likely be buying this game now with singleplayer and free DLC/Maps.

Keasar

There is a 'Digital Deluxe' Edition on Xbox One. https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-O...-Edition/7537fc22-2127-4a2c-bd70-0bda12b21c99

For the extra £15 you get:

- One month of EA Access
- A 'Customisation Pack' for your Titan with 'instant access'

This and the free DLC leads me to think there will certainly be cosmetic paid for items. And, I am OK with this.

I think a lot of us are.

I said often before that I would be perfectly alright with cosmetics being sold if it meant the map packs would be free. I would gladly even buy some to pimp out my Titan and/or pilot to show my support for this initiative.

7fa6b0be9d5614e6e8aa57089f47c718ec462a462188bb1b058a1456cfd02d12.jpg

on a serious note, I honestly already wanted to buy it..
saw a friend playing it on xbox one and thought it looked interesting..
unfortunately the game died quickly so i didn't manage to even try it..
hopefully this time with pc, xbox and ps4 i'll manage to, hopefully..
pc will NOT be windows 10 only, correct? let me berievu!!

Top Bottom