• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best first thing you saw in a game that made you in love with it?

1) The opening music in Secret of Mana after the wolf howls. Music while scanning up the mana tree, so awesome.

2) Making it to Twoson and riding the visible to Burglin Park. I knew Earthbound would be awesome by then

3) Opening area of Banjo Kazooie with that awesome music. Great times were survey ahead

4) First time in Hyrum Field on OOT. Absolutely breathtaking. Anyone experiencing it at that time knows what I'm talking about

5) Absolute amazement at Mario 64 when my friend made me ride bikes one Sunday afternoon to Blockbuster just to see it

6) Simpsons Hit and Run first mission sold me on how awesome that game would be

7) FF6 opening credits - holy balls you're in for a great story

8) Chrono Trigger millennial fair and then time warp scene

9) FF7 back at Tifas place after the first mission.

10) Finding the hot ♨ tub in Toejam and Earl

I'll never forget the first time I saw someone steal a car in GTA 3.

I mean I had been stealing cars forever in GTA 1 & 2, but this was the first time you saw a person get punched in the face and pulled out of the drivers seat. It was game changing.

jgf

I never played battlefield before bf3. So my first time starting up bf3 and playing mp I was blown away by the sound design. It felt so incredible realistic. The rest of the game was also great but until then I never paid much attention to game sound, so I totally did not expect to be blown away by something like sound.

The vibrant, arcade-like colors, and unique music made me a fan of Streets of Rage 2 before I even touched the game.

With X-Men 2 - Clone Wars, simply turning on the game started a playable demo with a random character before the real game actually started. I'd never seen anything like that before.

Two of my earliest gaming memories, coincidentally.

Can it be heard?
The intro music of Ilussion of time Nd the ragtime music of Super Mario World.
Those were probably the 2 first games I played in my lifr that I truly loved and made me a fan of them.

Also lots of years later, the title CGI intro and music of FFIX. When Vivi looks in the sky and sees the airship passing above Alexandria's castle, and the title appears with super triumphant music basically saying "here starts your adaventure".
Gives me chills till this day.

EDiT
Oh yes more.
In Mass Effect, I didnt know much about the game when I played it for the first time.
I was doing sidequests and things like 5-10 hours on the Citadel, thinking that was what the gane was about. Then they give me the shit and space is open to me. Holy shit!!!!!
And until the half end of the game I didbt know I could look for my companions inside the ship and talk with them about their lifes, because I forgot to use the elevator.
It was my second wrpg after Fallout 3, a game that I absolutely despised and made me not want to touch anu wrpgs again. How wrong I was done, as it was only Berhesda games I didnt enjoy, and loved after that Bioware, cdpr, obsidian and other wrpgs studios after that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Daggerfall.

Escape from Privateer's Hold.

Open Map

Qg4OyYx.jpg

Wow, there sure are a lot of places to go in this game.

Where the hell am I? Daggerfall?

BZmusrd.gif

EfoplDn.gif

The credits rolling over the Dock sequence in the beginning of MGS1, complete game changer.

I think the first time I summoned Leviathan in the FFVIII demo really sealed the deal. I had never seen anything so pretty, and it was my first RPG.

Top Bottom