• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eShop Selects: FAST Racing Neo and Steamworld Collection get physical release (EU)

wrowa

Starting September 30th, Nintendo will start to release formerly Wii U eShop-exclusive games at retail. The first two games to get a physical release are FAST Racing Neo by Shin'en and the Steamworld Collection consisting of Steamworld Dig and Heist by Image and Form.

No word yet on pricing.

Beware of hideous boxart:

large.jpg

Better image OP!

Edit: Also coming to Australia and New Zealand (October 1st, AU$49.95 each)

Oregano

So they could do an echo selects version of Fatal Frame 5 right?

This is kinda cool though, good step for Nintendo.

XDDX

Seems like Fast Racing Neo is also getting 8 new tracks. Will be in the retail version and DLC for previous owners.

TheMoon

Whole PAL region

26th July, 2016 – Since the introduction of the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS family systems, Nintendo has continued to grow and cultivate its relationship with indie developers. On October 1 in Australia and New Zealand, this commitment to supporting great indie games and getting quality games in the hands of players come together with the retail launch of Shin’en Multimedia’s FAST Racing NEO and Image & Form’s SteamWorld Collection as Nintendo eShop Selects titles for Wii U (SRP AU$49.95 each).

FAST Racing NEO sees players race through a futuristic sci-fi world at incredible speeds, putting their skills to the test in anti-gravity vehicles. With a challenging single-player mode, four-player split-screen or eight-player online, pilots race through dense jungle areas, futuristic cities, abandoned mines in the depths of the earth, and finally up into the stratosphere and beyond.

There’ll be even more tracks to enjoy with the Nintendo eShop Selects version of this release, as the eight downloadable courses contained in the upcoming NEO Future Pack will be included on the disc. The NEO Future Pack will also be made available for owners of the download version to purchase from October 1 in Australia and New Zealand.

The SteamWorld Collection will also be part of the Nintendo eShop Selects range, and represents the first time both SteamWorld Digand SteamWorld Heist will be available in the same retail package. SteamWorld Dig sees the player take on the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. By digging through the old earth, players can gain riches to unlock upgrades for exploring new areas, all the while getting closer to the ancient threat that lurks below.

In SteamWorld Heist, the other title in the SteamWorld Collection, you command a steam-driven pirate crew in a series of epic tactical shootouts. It’s turn-based strategy with an action twist: you manually aim the guns of your robots, allowing for impressive skill shots and bullet-bouncing action. As Captain Piper you will board, loot and shoot your way through enemy spaceships. Overcome the challenges of the vast frontier by upgrading your recruits with unique abilities, weapons, and even stylish hats!

The SteamWorld Collection will also include the SteamWorld Heist add-on content The Outsider, providing a new ally with a past shrouded in mystery, as well as new missions with brand new weapons, gear, and snazzy new headwear. SteamWorld Heist for Wii U will also launch on Nintendo eShop on Wii U on October 1 in Australia and New Zealand.

As Nintendo eShop Selects, these titles will sit alongside Nintendo Land, Wii Party U, LEGO City: Undercover, and New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U as part of the Nintendo Selects range available on Wii U.

Wii U owners will have a new opportunity to enjoy Nintendo eShop highlights when FAST Racing NEO and SteamWorld Collectioncome to retailers in Australia and New Zealand as Nintendo eShop Selects on October 1.

They're also announcing FRN DLC in there btw

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Nice, I'll double dip on Fast Racing Neo. Awesome game that I definitely want to keep in my collection.

Zero83

Really awesome. I own Fast Racing already, but hopefully more people will buy it now. Will buy the DLC for sure.
I didn't even know Steamworld Heist had been released for Wii U, so I may actually end up buying that collection.

Oh new tracks for FAST racing Neo to enjoy the horribly cheating rubber band AI?

Yeah no I pass.

As for the Steamworld games. Yeah, everyone who doesn't own them yet: This is your chance. Some of the best games out there.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Really awesome. I own Fast Racing already, but hopefully more people will buy it now. Will buy the DLC for sure.
I didn't even know Steamworld Heist had been released for Wii U, so I may actually end up buying that collection.

It..Isn't yet available? 3ds yes but wiiu still to be released I think?
The collection is definitely new

TheMoon

Aussie price is SRP AU$49.95 which converts into about 35€ so I'm thinking €29.99 at best, maybe a bit more.

Both are more than worth it. FAST Racing Neo (€14,99) was already very rich in content (and now has 8 more tracks), SteamWorld Heist (€19,99) includes the Outsider DLC (€4,99) which would make it an absolute steal with Dig (€9,99) included if it really is €29.99.

Don't give me hope.

Let me smash your hope. That will not happen.

Madao

So they could do an echo selects version of Fatal Frame 5 right?

This is kinda cool though, good step for Nintendo.

didn't Fatal Frame 5 get a physical release in PAL territories?

iirc, only America was stuck with eshop only.

Andyliini

I would take a guess that Affordable Space Adventures will be a part of the series later on. At first, I thought they would only publish games that are exclusive to Nintendo platforms, but SteamWorld games are out on other platforms, too.

This opens up new type of collaborations, so good choice, NoE!
I already have FAST, but do not own Heist, as I want it for Wii U. I'll just take a collection then.

Bazry

So is the Steamworld Collection Wii U or 3DS? Would assume its 3DS but OP isn't clear, not sure if Heist is coming to Wii U or not

N.Grim

I would have bought it if it wasn't for that cover :(
Very excited for the DLC though
and for F-Zero NX by Shin-en

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

large.jpg

Better image OP! Have there been any previous Nintendo Selects titles not published by Nintendo? Pretty sure they've all been first party or involved Nintendo to some extent.

Top Bottom