• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Dig 2 |OT| New Digs

redcrayon

Thank you! Great game!

I wonder if I'm looking for nods where there aren't any but I wonder if the end
going into Space. Somehow ties into Steamworld Heist as a prequel of sorts.
Heavy spoilers for SWD2 ending/Steamworld Heist
Yeah, it absolutely does. Vectron is still around, and Fen appears in the SWH DLC 'the outsider'. I'd be very surprised if a future SW game didn't bring all of the main characters of Dig, Dig 2 and Heist together at some point.

So I beat the main game yesterday after 6 hours and 41 minutes with 39 deaths and 35% of secrets.

While I really liked the final boss and everything, I'm glad the story part is over with as I can now just look for secrets, level up, very upgrades and 100% all caves.

Truly a very special game and is equal to my enjoyment of Axiom Verge earlier this year.

Robiin

I am in the bottom of the mine. Lots of sign saying DEATH AHEAD. Should I break open a path down? There is some secret wall on the right that opens from the other side...

jariw

I am in the bottom of the mine. Lots of sign saying DEATH AHEAD. Should I break open a path down? There is some secret wall on the right that opens from the other side...

Sure. Open the path. Only make sure you have emptied your storage before you visit that area.

Robiin

Sure. Open the path. Only make sure you have emptied your storage before you visit that area.
Got stuck and died. Seemed to be a path up though, how are you supoosed to reach there? Last major upgrade I got was the Ignition axe. Will I get sonething to be able to reach later?

Edit: Just entered Vectron. Game just got spooky!

Dipship31

Got stuck and died. Seemed to be a path up though, how are you supoosed to reach there? Last major upgrade I got was the Ignition axe. Will I get sonething to be able to reach later?

Yes, as you continue through the game and get all the upgrades you get to a point where you can access the entire map with ease.

Fireblend

Banned
I am so bad at games. I'm stuck at " fix pneumatic tube". I have the pressure bomb but can't figure out how to get to the right point.

Edit: nevermind I'm dumb.

jrDev

How do I get more money? I 100% every area of the game but I still didn't finish upgrading and collecting all cogs.

Ravelle

The game sure ends abruptly and the boss wasn't even that hard, thought it was just a mid boss or something. Didn't even max out my dude. Expected a little more story instead of destroy three generators, then boss and done.

Weird there isn't a post game, starting your save just sends you back right before the boss.

sheaaaa

The game sure ends abruptly and the boss wasn't even that hard, thought it was just a mid boss or something. Didn't even max out my dude. Expected a little more story instead of destroy three generators, then boss and done.

Weird there isn't a post game, starting your save just sends you back right before the boss.

Totally agree with this. I was really enjoying the game ramping up in giving you abilities and throwing challenges your way, but I think it ended a bit anti-climatically. Feels like it really needed one more new area before the final boss.

aadiboy

Yeah, a few more bosses would have been nice, there were really only 3, and one is just a normal enemy. 3-4 more bosses and one new area would have been perfect.

Neiteio

Yeah a series of those, but harder than what you find in the main game.
Cool. I just beat the main storyline; I'll go back for the post-game some other time. I -really- enjoyed this, so it'll be nice to have something to check out later. This + Golf Story + Stardew Valley have been good times.

Robiin

How much do I roughly have left if I am chasing down the three doom machines or whatever? Have done one of them and am very close to the others on the map, but exploration is so much fun. I am hating the acid area though, with the rolling snails and purple shooters that destroy blocks...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Game is really great, a bit challenging this cult boss. Was trying to rush him and his second phase sucks.

The caves with cogs get a green tick if you find every item in them right?

Robiin

Game is really great, a bit challenging this cult boss. Was trying to rush him and his second phase sucks.

The caves with cogs get a green tick if you find every item in them right?
Every cave can be checked when you find all items in them. :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
There's something about this game that was almost therapeutic for me, I'm just sad it's over. I'd have preferred an endless digger, almost.

jariw

How much do I roughly have left if I am chasing down the three doom machines or whatever? Have done one of them and am very close to the others on the map, but exploration is so much fun. I am hating the acid area though, with the rolling snails and purple shooters that destroy blocks...

There's
one major thing left to do
in the game after those three machines. Exploration is rewarded at the point where you are now in the game. For example, you will probably find an upgrade that will easily take care of those purple shooters.

Eegah

Cool. I just beat the main storyline; I'll go back for the post-game some other time.

I just got to this point yesterday. The Trials are significantly harder than anything else in the game. I expect it will take me several hours of game time actually complete it. It reminds me a little of Champion’s Road in that sense.

Robiin

There's
one major thing left to do
in the game after those three machines. Exploration is rewarded at the point where you are now in the game. For example, you will probably find an upgrade that will easily take care of those purple shooters.
Please tell me more about that last part!

Eegah

I completed the game, but I’m still missing one blueprint. :/

Not really looking forward to searching over the entire map again just for that, but I hate having 99% complete games.

GhaleonEB

I'm not sure if my game is glitched or if I'm stuck. I'm at the 42/42 artifact thing at the end.

So I did the first section of the trials, with no hookshot or jetpack. I died on the next section, that doesn't allow any jetpack. (There was an instant-kill block that dropped from the ceiling.) I restart at the entrance. Okay, I gotta do them all over again, no big deal.

So I'm back in the entrance for the first trial, with no jetpack and no hookshot. Only, the platforms that launch you up out of the lava have not spawned. There is no exit since we start out in a sealed room, and without hookshot or jetpack, I can't get far at all due to a vertical section that has an overhang on either side - I can't jump to the walls. I need the launchers to spawn. Or jetpack. Or hookshot.

I exited the game and went back in, but it saved at that point. I can't figure out what to do - on the first lap through the launchers were here to take me through, now they're not. What am I supposed to do?

Edit: I killed myself in lava, and I respawn outside the main door, thank goodness. But when I go back in, I'm in the same deathtrap room with no way out other than death by lava.

Stoze

Edit: I killed myself in lava, and I respawn outside the main door, thank goodness. But when I go back in, I'm in the same deathtrap room with no way out other than death by lava.
I'd try going back to town and saving there.
The order of trials are randomized so hopefully you'll get a different one.

Ashtar

Beat the game in 10 hrs with 60% exploration
Absolutely loved it 9/10 probably my fav game of this type since guacamelee

phanphare

Banned
just beat the game. 8 hours, 45% secrets. amazing game. I'll be chipping away at the rest of the game for the remainder of the year.

Good Lord, this game is
giphy.gif

This and Samus Returns almost back-to-back with a little Golf Story inbetween.
What a time to be alive.

Oh and did I mention the sountrack?
https://imageform.bandcamp.com/track/yarrow

jorgejjvr

I'm not sure if my game is glitched or if I'm stuck. I'm at the 42/42 artifact thing at the end.

So I did the first section of the trials, with no hookshot or jetpack. I died on the next section, that doesn't allow any jetpack. (There was an instant-kill block that dropped from the ceiling.) I restart at the entrance. Okay, I gotta do them all over again, no big deal.

So I'm back in the entrance for the first trial, with no jetpack and no hookshot. Only, the platforms that launch you up out of the lava have not spawned. There is no exit since we start out in a sealed room, and without hookshot or jetpack, I can't get far at all due to a vertical section that has an overhang on either side - I can't jump to the walls. I need the launchers to spawn. Or jetpack. Or hookshot.

I exited the game and went back in, but it saved at that point. I can't figure out what to do - on the first lap through the launchers were here to take me through, now they're not. What am I supposed to do?

I beat the game....

What are these trials?

Woo-Fu

Banned
There's something about this game that was almost therapeutic for me, I'm just sad it's over. I'd have preferred an endless digger, almost.

Same here, left me wanting more, or at least something similar. Guess I'll just play it again and try to be more efficient.

I got this room first, and have no idea what to do. I haven't even seen platforms coming out of the lava. I just go in and am completely stuck with no way to move forward. That's why I came to this thread completely confused.

Top Bottom