• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your black Friday haul?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Mine:

Half life Alex on steam for $21

Kirby dreamland physical copy for switch $30

Ton of games on sale on the Nintendo eshop :

Rogue legacy 2 $17
The Messenger $5
Slay the spire $8
Contra collection $8
Enter the gungeon $5
Song Pop Party $10
The house of the dead remake $10
Doomsday hunters $12
Brotato $5
Retro bowl $2
Gear club 2 $3

Yes Santa came early this year

bender

What time is it?
-Red Dead Redemption on PSN for $39.99. Still overprice but I wanted to do a replay during the holiday break.
-Persona 3/4 for Switch via BestBuy since they were on sale for 12.99 each and I had $15 in Rewards Certificates.
-Ninja Foodi 701 for $199.99 via Amazon since I had $300 in gift cards thanks to Microsoft Rewards Points. Ended up paying $0.28 out of pocket.

1. Hogwarts Legacy ps5, $40 - this game is amazing and I'm meh on potter.
2. Against the storm PC, $20 - Cool city builder roguelike
3. High Rise City PC, $23 - supply chain city builder, good compliment to skylines 2 (which I got a few weeks ago).
4. Gothic 2 switch, $23 - pre-order sale comes out next week.
5. Pinball fx core tables, Ps5 - $3

If this counts getting Xbox series X, $450 as a gift (I didn't buy it) Couldn't think of something to ask for xmas/birthday gift and this fit the bill of being under $500. Also since the rumor of no disc drive on the revision I wanted to make sure I get this as I never owned an Xbox. There are 360 and xb games I never played as well as ps3 Era multiplats that aren't on ps4/5.

Series s would of been fine until I read they are delisting games I want like bad company games, splinter cell, mirrors edge, etc... So at least with a disc drive I can still by those 360 era disc's.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
  • 4TB WD SN850X m.2 SSD for $204
  • Remnant II (PC) for $24
  • Mortal Kombat X (PC) for $1.75
  • Mortal Kombat 11 (PC) for $2.52
  • Undertale (PC) for $2.99
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PC) for $15.99
  • Sonic Superstars (PC) for $31.50

Still might pick up Teardown for $22.50, and we'll see if any other deals show up for Cyber Week.

EDIT: Found some more deals... So now I also picked up:

• Teardown (PC) for $17.50
  • Hades (PC) for $10.00
  • Baldur's Gate III (PC) for $48

...anddddd I'm done. Spent too much already and I should be set for several months with games.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence about buying FF16 for $35. The horrible image quality and unstable framerate is preventing me from doing so.
Wah? I plau d it on ps5 and it looks and played phenomenal. Granted I played in performance mode mostly but it was amazing. I don't have a 4k TV so maybe that's why. No clue but on 1080p it was gorgeous and fun.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have too many games so it was quite moderate.

Ebenezer and the Invisible World $16 - For Christmas vibes
Strange Horticulture $8 - Finally a good botany game
Monster Hunter Rise + Daybreak $30 - I'm a Capcom whore

Kuranghi

Working hard selling tellys, I didnt spend anything, I made a grand :pie_wfwt:

Actually not 100% true I got a red DualSense cause it was £39.99 in UK, mostly to help the shop maintain keep their attach numbers above 30% but also so I don't have to plug my PC dualsense into the PS5 when I play coop, saved 20 seconds yussss lol

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Yakuza0,1,&2 for $10.

Gamepass one month for $2.49. Allowed me to complete like a dragon gaiden in 11 hours.

Praise be.

Thabass

Got the G915 Logitec G Lightspeed keyboard for $200 (down from $245; I needed a new keyboard badly).
Kingdom Hearts II.8 for $42 from EGS
Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line for $59.99 (down from $99).

That's pretty much it, I think that's enough for one year lol.

Looks like I bought more games than I thought (all physical):
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Anniversary Edition (Switch) - €25
  • Root Letter Last Answer Day One Edition (PS4) - $15 CAD
  • Undertale (Switch) - $40 CAD
  • Like a Dragon: Ishin (PS5) - $30 CAD
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet (Switch) - €38
  • Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg (Switch) - €33
  • Game Pass PC (1 month) - €7
  • Tactics Ogre Reborn (PS5) - €18
  • Nier Automata Game Of The Yorha Edition (PS4) - €15
  • Eternights (PS5) - €25
  • Bravely Default II (Switch) - €25
  • No More Heroes 3 (PS5) - €25
  • Psychonauts 2 - The Motherlobe Edition (PS4) - €40

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

fucking-nothing-leonard-geist.gif

Mithos

I was about to say nothing but then I remembered...
Destiny 2: Lightfall DLC (€50, at sale for €17)

Antwix

Haven't bought much at all this year, gaming or non-gaming.

Only games I bought were DBZ Kakarot Deluxe ($21) and Mirror's Edge Catalyst ($1).

splattered

mass effect legendary for $12 ... bought Super Mario Wonder for full price with gift card so not out of pocket. That's it i think? Trying not to spend money right now. Getting too old to keep blowing money on games and stuff.

demigod

Got the G915 Logitec G Lightspeed keyboard for $200 (down from $245; I needed a new keyboard badly).
Kingdom Hearts II.8 for $42 from EGS
Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line for $59.99 (down from $99).

That's pretty much it, I think that's enough for one year lol.
Oof, you overpaid on that keyboard. Its $159 on newegg tiktok and there’s also a 25% discount on top of that.

Corian33

Tobii eye tracker 5 20% off

Had a trackIR 5 but I'm so fucking tired of the clip jank and the pro clip broke, and it's wired, etc.
Interesting, I’ve had a TrackIR forever but yeah, it’s always been pretty janky even when working. Does that thing work for flight sims and stuff?

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Few things.

Stuff:
Rhythm Fun Treadmill
Legion Go few days before Best Buy Open Box.
Panny DP820: thanks for those in the GAF Blu-ray Thread it was at 347
Panamax M4300

Games:
Hatred
Ravenswatch
Blasphemous
Diso Elysium

Movies:
Zak Snyder JL
Alita
Fast and the Furious
Godzilla vs Kong

Last edited:

Wunray

Tab s8+
Xm4 headphones
Dual sense controller (yeah this controller is the truth)
Ryzen 5700X
M2 ssd (980 pro)
2TB ssd
Phantom liberty

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Interesting, I’ve had a TrackIR forever but yeah, it’s always been pretty janky even when working. Does that thing work for flight sims and stuff?

I was not using the trackIR anymore as the goddamn clip was annoying. Not only did it break (shit build quality), but it was unsightly also on the desk, so I stored it, and then didn't bother as often to use it. Now you just have this attached to monitor once, and it'll always work. It looks sleek and is low profile, unlike trackIR camera which pops out. Nothing attached to headset, no USB cables to your headset, no batteries.

There's a list of games supported and mostly focused on sims but it also goes beyond, with the likes of Hitman 3, Assassin's creed, Kingdom come deliverance, sim racers, etc. I mostly bought it for DCS & Star Citizen. Almost works with MS flight sim, War thunder, Xplanes, IL2.

In Star Citizen it's completely OP as since its fully integrated into the game, you can lock missiles or drop bombs at a target just by looking at them with your eyes.

Some peoples find the eye tracking part a bit finicky in some titles but mostly feedback from like a year ago, it seems to depend on the software version, DCS had trouble initially with the tuning for eyes but I believe it is now patched. In the worst case, the head tracking is legit and almost the same as TrackIR. Eye tracking in the range of 15~20% bias compared to head tracking will fine-tune the movements for HUD.

edit - just checked the patch for DCS (and in general Tobii), "Head positon settings follow current camera orientation" that does the same as Track IR TrueView. So most of the critiques of Tobii from a year or so ago in youtube videos are now gone with the newer software versions.

FaceTrackNoir also was supported by the Tobii devs for support and I believe that software suit push the thing even further for some titles, support top mount of monitor, bigger monitors, curve editors, etc. OpenTrack also supports it. So WIDE range of options to tweak this thing. But most importantly, no freaking clips! No IR on a hat! Can't wait for mine to ship.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Bought some quest 3 games on sale.

Pistol whip and a few others. Then bought some man child stuff. Ninja woodfire grill and a bug a salt 3.0.

Not a big year for me, I own everything I want already lol

Little Mac

Gold Member
Picked up:

PS5 Slim Spider-man Bundle off Amazon $500
Ghost of Tsushima Physical at Target $30
Spider-man Miles Morales Ultimate w/ Spider-man Remastered at Bestbuy $35
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade Digital off PSN $16

Thinking about grabbing FFXVI for $35.
Thinking about grabbing Returnal for $30.

I won't get the PS5 til Tuesday I believe. I'm both excited and a little nervous. I get anxiety buying things for myself for some reason. My biggest worry is the noise tbh. I've been team Xbox and Nintendo for a few generations now because of the noise output of the PS4. Does anyone here have any experience with the Slim and can comment on how loud it gets?

Last edited:
1. Hogwarts Legacy ps5, $40 - this game is amazing and I'm meh on potter.
2. Against the storm PC, $20 - Cool city builder roguelike
3. High Rise City PC, $23 - supply chain city builder, good compliment to skylines 2 (which I got a few weeks ago).
4. Gothic 2 switch, $23 - pre-order sale comes out next week.
5. Pinball fx core tables, Ps5 - $3

If this counts getting Xbox series X, $450 as a gift (I didn't buy it) Couldn't think of something to ask for xmas/birthday gift and this fit the bill of being under $500. Also since the rumor of no disc drive on the revision I wanted to make sure I get this as I never owned an Xbox. There are 360 and xb games I never played as well as ps3 Era multiplats that aren't on ps4/5.

Series s would of been fine until I read they are delisting games I want like bad company games, splinter cell, mirrors edge, etc... So at least with a disc drive I can still by those 360 era disc's.
I don't get it. Your parents said you that they have to gift around 500$ nevertheless, even if you don't need anything?

Top Bottom