• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your black Friday haul?

penguininthesun

Neo Member
God of War Ragnarok (PS5) - $35 from Amazon: Yes, I’m super late to this one but I’m glad I got it. Playing it now and it’s incredible.

Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) $30 from Target: i’m a big Harry Potter fan, so hopefully this one will be good.

The Last of Us Part I (PS5) $40 from Target: I know this one is not really a great deal, but I gave my remaster PS4 copy away, and I want to replay the first game. Might as well.

I was hoping for a Forbidden West Complete Edition deal…but ai guess there won’t be one this year.

Last edited:
G29 Racing Wheel. $200
GT Omega Racing Wheel Stand $110
Globular Cluster CMP2 Comfortable Mod for PS VR 2 $45
The Fisherman's Tales Bundle $18
Budget Cuts Ultimate $20
Horizon Call of the Mountain $45
Edit: Forgot about Resident Evil 4 (waiting for the VR patch)

The prices are aproxímate USD from CAD

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

My haul so far:

Logitech G29 Racing wheel and pedals - $299.99 $199.99
God of War: Ragnarok PS5 physical - $69.99 $39.99
Factory Recertified Dualshock 4 controller in Magma Red - $49.99 $29.99
Factory Recertified Dualshock 4 controller in Glacier White - $49.99 $29.99

MarkMe2525

1. Hogwarts Legacy ps5, $40 - this game is amazing and I'm meh on potter.
2. Against the storm PC, $20 - Cool city builder roguelike
3. High Rise City PC, $23 - supply chain city builder, good compliment to skylines 2 (which I got a few weeks ago).
4. Gothic 2 switch, $23 - pre-order sale comes out next week.
5. Pinball fx core tables, Ps5 - $3

If this counts getting Xbox series X, $450 as a gift (I didn't buy it) Couldn't think of something to ask for xmas/birthday gift and this fit the bill of being under $500. Also since the rumor of no disc drive on the revision I wanted to make sure I get this as I never owned an Xbox. There are 360 and xb games I never played as well as ps3 Era multiplats that aren't on ps4/5.

Series s would of been fine until I read they are delisting games I want like bad company games, splinter cell, mirrors edge, etc... So at least with a disc drive I can still by those 360 era disc's.
You don't have to justify getting an X. Phil worked his magic on you, happens to the best of us. The gold conversion trick, while neutered, still provides a large discount.

GymWolf

Hardware:

GameSir-T4-Kaleid-Controller-di-gioco-Gamepad-cablato-con-effetto-Hall-si-applica-a-Nintendo-Switch.jpg

(don't worry, i turned off the ugly lights first thing out of the box)

Sony-PlayStation-Pulse-Elite-Wireless-Headset-White.jpg

(preorder, it arrive in feb)

Games:
Miasma_Landscape_Image_2560X1440_2560x1440-372bf3b85ac0f0041a044e109f266f47

If you liked mutant year zero, this is unmissable.

Last edited:

KillaJamm

Street Fighter 6 for £24, always been a Mortal Kombat guy but I'm really enjoying it so far.
Forspoken for £10, still in the packaging just going to keep it till I finish up on what I'm playing at the moment.
Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores DLC for £10.
The Chant for £6
And picked Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation for £16, I already own and completed it on my Xbox but fancy finally doing a second play through trying to get the platinum.

GymWolf

Street Fighter 6 for £24, always been a Mortal Kombat guy but I'm really enjoying it so far.
Forspoken for £10, still in the packaging just going to keep it till I finish up on what I'm playing at the moment.
Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores DLC for £10.
The Chant for £6
And picked Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation for £16, I already own and completed it on my Xbox but fancy finally doing a second play through trying to get the platinum.
When you start forspoken, go into the options first, a lot fo staff that you can change to make traversal and combat better, try some stuff to see what is better for you.

Cyberpunkd

Celeste (Switch) - 4€
Technical top Patagonia - 80€ (not on sale)
SIS Nutrition gels for running - approx. 90€, but the sale was half off so that 90€ gets you a lot

midnightAI

A new phone (not as good as the free XBox Series S on black Friday 3 years ago, Bose Quiet comfort earphones this time) and a leaf rake

I already bought too many games this year and my backlog is too big. I won't be buying any more games or gaming hardware till next year.

I did take advantage of the Black Friday sales going on in the Market Place for MS Flight Sim and I ended up buying a bunch of planes and a helo. I bought the F-15, Su-57, Eurofighter Typhoon, MIG 29, F-14 Tomcat, and AH64D Apache :messenger_beaming:. I had a lot of fun flying them in VR and I'd say it's money well spent for me at least.

Surprisingly not much of anything game related. Just bought The Crew Motorfest on sale. That 40% off with the Year 1 season pass made the wait worth it.

A heavy discount for a game that isn't 3 months old that I was already interested into? Say no more.

The player population seems health enough, and this is the first time I enjoy the handling from a game of this series. So I think this was a good investment, even the smaller map appeals to me compared to The Crew 1 and 2.

KillaJamm

When you start forspoken, go into the options first, a lot fo staff that you can change to make traversal and combat better, try some stuff to see what is better for you.
Okay mate thanks for the heads up, anything is particular you would recommend changing?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The only thing I picked up for myself was a couple of 4k's. I got Highlander and BR 2049. I did just get some new speakers and a subwoofer for my pc setup so I couldn't justify anything more for myself.

There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

Last edited:
This year sucked.

• P5R - $25 (Best deal but same as last year and I already own it, bought so my SO can play it on Switch)
  • DK:TF - $30 (already own on Wii-U used and cheap but I’m a Switch slut and don’t even feel good bc the deal wasn’t good)
  • A $9 68w USB-C/A charger on Woot
  • A $15 USB-C HDMI adapter not on sale but I needed a multi monitor workaround for my shitty TB3 dock and Apple refuses to support MST on Macs.

Garibaldi

Games (All PC):
  • Bramble
  • Olli Olli World Rad Edition
  • Risk of Rain Returns
  • Blasphemous
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands Ultimate
  • Ghost Recon Breakpoint Ultimate
  • Talos Principle Series
  • Slay the Princess
Hardware:
Fsy5z8e.png

Also got a new vaccum (Shark Stratos 860 Pet Pro) as the current Dyson we have is absolutely useless now we have a big dog that moults all over

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Got the G915 Logitec G Lightspeed keyboard for $200 (down from $245; I needed a new keyboard badly).
Kingdom Hearts II.8 for $42 from EGS
Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line for $59.99 (down from $99).

That's pretty much it, I think that's enough for one year lol.
Thanks for the reminder on Theatrhythm, I always forget to snag that when there are sales.

angrod14

Super Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, Switch Pro Controller, WD_Black SN850P 2TB, Apple TV 4K and Homepod (2nd Gen).

Last edited:
I grabbed Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania for PS5 for $20...and that's literally it (already had Spiderman 2 and Starfield). Still pretty happy with my haul, though.

cireza

Picked a Cowabunga Collection Limited on Xbox. Quite happy with the deal. Will put this under the Christmas Tree.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Impulse bought this Atari / MyArcade Gamestation Plus.

OIP.TsQ8ssPSxguDDb-PMY_PwwHaE8

It takes roms using the SD card slot but it'll need to be hacked to really do what I want.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Picked a Cowabunga Collection Limited on Xbox. Quite happy with the deal. Will put this under the Christmas Tree.
Xbox games probably had some of the best/lowest priced deals I've seen this Black Friday.

If you're an Xbro, you have no excuse to not actually buy games this holiday

GymWolf

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I did like Mutant, and it's not my typical game style. I will be checking this out now.
Mutant was my first game in the genre so i understand the feeling.

This one is basically an improved, bigger sequel but in another universe.

I love how they make these games because it's not just rigid missions on a list ala xcom, the game is basically an isometric adventure until you enter combat, and you can still kill single enemies in stealth to not have too many of them when you actually enter the battle, their style is pretty unique and the only way i could play and enjoy an xcom type of game.

This one also has a very decent lore and worldbuilding and the graphic are still ace for an isometric indie.

It's 14 euros on cdkeys, you can't go wrong.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

Got one of those for half price. It’s massive but works well for me as I hate dual monitors and ultrawides.

One big downside is no headphone jack on the back. It’s only on the front. I usually run a headphone/aux out from my monitor to my speakers since I have multiple computers on one monitor.

Also got a 2tb Wd black pcie4 for $89 👍

winjer

Gold Member
Miasma_Landscape_Image_2560X1440_2560x1440-372bf3b85ac0f0041a044e109f266f47

If you liked mutant year zero, this is unmissable.

I played that a few months ago. Not a as terrible as Corruption 2029, when compared to Mutant Year Zero, it was quite the disappointment.
And consider that Mutant Year Zero has a 90% user score on Steam. Nut Miasma Chronicles is at a 78%.

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
All Physical for this haul

Xbox Series X:
Jedi Survivor
Dead Island 2
Crisis Core
Western Digital 1TB expansion card

PS5:
FF16

PS4: