• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your black Friday haul?

Killjoy-NL

ESO Necrom for €29,99 in the PS Store.

But only because I felt like I had to buy something. Will be nice to play on Portal though, casually.

Chastten

Banned
I've always wondered, do these games play like the "Tales of" series?

Absolutely not. They're both JRPG's with an anime aesthetic and story but that's pretty much all they have in common. Gameplay-wise they're nothing alike.

Atelier Ryza has a turn based combat system, but most of all, a huge focus on gathering materials to make your own weapons and items. Combat isn't a huge part of Ryza, as you can gather most materials from trees, rocks and bushes, and with some experimenting you can create OP as fuck weapons really early in the game, that'll easily last you until the final boss, even without any mob grinding or leveling up.

Meanwhile, the Tales-games' bread and butter is the combat system and stringing huge combo's together.

I personally really like both, but they're very different from eachother.

cireza

Just received my Cowabunga Limited Edition, bought on amazon.com with shipping and tax to France (122$).

Received the standard edition :messenger_expressionless:

What. A. Fucking. Waste. Of. My. Time.
Having the time of my life calling amazon.com support two evenings (talked to 4 different persons) in a row trying to have shit arranged in my favor, which is super difficult.

Today I managed to have them refund the entirety of the order if I return it, which includes the taxes I paid to have it delivered in France.
However, it is still going to cost me 30 or 40$ to ship it back to the US.

Waste of my time. Waste of my money. I absolutely love this.

Last edited:
Just received my Cowabunga Limited Edition, bought on amazon.com with shipping and tax to France (122$).

Received the standard edition :messenger_expressionless:

What. A. Fucking. Waste. Of. My. Time.
Sorry to hear that dude... This is like one my worse nightmares when importing things from across the pond. Hopefully Amazon will fix it for you.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Port Royale XSX edition $14.99 (had $10 credit....so $5.00)
Gotham Knights Deluxe XSX $22
Maneater Apex Edition XSX $10

All physical

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Guys can you help me???

Which Version is the best gift.... Switch or PS4?

ps4_robotics_double_se_559x700.jpg

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I added one more big purchase for myself. I ordered a modular sofa. It arrived yesterday and I absolutely love it. This could end up being better for laying back and playing games than my current bedroom setup. Probably not but at least close. My bedroom is perfect for old people like myself. 65" TV with surround sound at the foot of an adjustable queen bed making the screen as wide as the bed. Subwoofer under the bed. It all came together by accident but I will never change it.

Crayon

I guess I got a portable monitor? It's showed up yesterday. I remember ordering it now but it's fuzzy. May have been late at night. I had been shopping on and off for these. This one is a refurb from Newegg, which is good because i had vlaxkout buyers remorae there for a sec.

This was like 75 and fits the use. Usually my wife likes playing a game along with me but if I ever get into a real grind, I will bring out a monitor and play on that so shee can have the TV or at least not see me stacking chibis is disgaea for 20 hours. This portable this will go away on the bookshelf and I can get rid of that old monitor that sits around for this occasional thing.

I think that was it for gaming. Gpu sales were nothing special. Have all the games I want. Didn't see an sos gotta buy it alarm anywhere. Pretty weak.

winjer

Gold Member
rKmlYBx.png

Only got this one. Only played it for a bit, to see how it runs.
I'm still playing Elden Ring. That game is gigantic in content.

Neolombax

Remnant 2 Ultimate Edition. It was at a pretty good price point. Played all weekend, and this game is really special. Its definitely GOTY contender for sure.

DavJay

Might be the last real Black Friday since Walmart and friends bowing out of physical media next year. Digital sucks

On topic, I got SF6 PS5for $30, GTAV PSV $15 and Skywalker Lego PS5 $15

Top Bottom