• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your black Friday haul?

DrFigs

Bought a box set of Lord of the Rings books :) 17-ish bucks. Never read them before.

Couldn't find a ps portal :(

Last edited:
My backlog kept me in check this time, I got a couple indies that have been on my list for a while but that’s it. Feels good.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Nothing really.
Before Black Friday I got myself a 65" Samsung S90C to replace my older Samsung in the master. I also got the SteelSeries - Arctis Nova Pro to replace my old Arctis Pros but they were complete shit with terrible WiFi signal breakdowns and buzzing when BT and ANC are turned on. Replaced those with the Turtle Beach - Stealth Pro and they are awesome.

As far as Video Game deals themselves: Nothing. Not a single game on my physical media 'watch list' went on sale this year between the PS5 and the Switch.
Getting a little nervous about the state of physical game media going forward.

Mr Hyde

10 blu-rays

Silence of the Lambs
Full Metal Jacket
Super Mario bros
IT mini series
Whiplash
Mother
Edward Scissorhands
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Hardcore Henry
Fright Night

3 PS4 games

Crysis Trilogy remastered
Bioshock Collection
F.I.S.T Forged in Shadow Torch

+ 1 tablet Lenovo M10 3rd gen and a coffee table for my living room

Pretty good haul I must say 😎

schaft0620

PS5 Robocop - $40
PS5 AEW - $30
PS5 Remnant 2 - $40
PS5 WRC - $30
PS5 Lies of P - $40
PS5 Immortals of Aveum - $30
PS5 Dead Island 2 Hell-A CE Edition $55
PS4 Super Perales of Baking - $35
PS4 Red Dead 1- $30
Steam Dave The Diver - $15
Steam Pizza Tower - $15
NSW Kirby's Dreamland - $30
NSW Advanced Wars - $40
NSW No Place For Bravery - $30
NSW Windjammers 2 - $25
NSW Darius 2 Box Set from Gamestop - $30
Green Analog Pocket - ~$300
EverDrive GBA - $140
EverDrive GB/GBC - $120
2 Micro SD Cards for EverDrive - $50
Gameboy Color softshell Pokemon case on eBay for Analog Pocket - $80
4K UHD BR - The Last of Us Season 1 - $30
4K HDR BR - Gran Turismo Movie - $30

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I got two 4TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME drives, an RGB dodecahedron thing that's pretty cool looking decor, some metal D&D dice, a Lytmi Fantasy 3 Pro along with a pair of Lytmi LED Light Bars and a 16.5' Lytmi LED Strip starter kit, and, for the big boy...

A 77" Samsung S90C QD-OLED TV and the Samsung HW-Q990C sound bar with wireless rear speakers.

coffinbirth

I bought up a bunch of old BC games on Xbox. Between that and physical, I think I about have them all now. Still a few that haven't gone on sale that I've noticed.

I tend to buy physically used from pawn shops and GameFly, so I've been getting better than Black Friday prices within a month or two of release for the better part of 10 years now.

Also got;

FoX0TbHaQAA22Z-.jpg:large

Nitro-Deck1.jpg

0141050340_fen_ins_frt_1_rl.jpg

tkscz

Got my kid's Christmas gifts, an Xbox Series S (he wanted the series S so not a word out of any of you) and a Quest 2.

Looks like I bought more games than I thought (all physical):
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Anniversary Edition (Switch) - €25
  • Root Letter Last Answer Day One Edition (PS4) - $15 CAD
  • Undertale (Switch) - $40 CAD
  • Like a Dragon: Ishin (PS5) - $30 CAD
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet (Switch) - €38
  • Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg (Switch) - €33
  • Game Pass PC (1 month) - €7
  • Tactics Ogre Reborn (PS5) - €18
  • Nier Automata Game Of The Yorha Edition (PS4) - €15
  • Eternights (PS5) - €25
  • Bravely Default II (Switch) - €25
  • No More Heroes 3 (PS5) - €25
  • Psychonauts 2 - The Motherlobe Edition (PS4) - €40
Does Cyber Monday also counts as BF haul? If so, I will add to the pile the two copies of Atelier Ryza 1 and 2 for the Switch that I've ordered earlier today.

Last edited:

twilo99

Tetris Effect connected is $20 on xbox , redeemed some ms rewards points and got it. I thought it will eventually make it back onto gamepass but no luck so..

Its an awesome game

Leonidas

$351 Xbox Series X + Forza Horizon 5 Premium (used a gift card I've been sitting on for years, still have $88 left on it :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: )
$2 PS+ Premium Upgrade for the remaining 1.5 months of my PS+ Extra subscription
$50 headphones

Thought about getting PCIe 4 SSDs for my PS5 and PC but decided against it.

Will probably pick up a handful of games in the current Steam sale but haven't pulled the trigger yet...

Last edited:

Durin

Neo Member
LG C3 42 OLED - $850 (should've done this sooner)

Switch Games
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - $40
Zelda: Link's Awakening - $43
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - $36
Mario Wonder - $50
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - $15
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze - $30

PC Game
Dave the Diver - $16

Blu-Ray Movies
John Wick 4 (4k) - $13
Dune (4k) - $10
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (4k) - $14
National Lampoon's Vacation (4k) - $10
Three Amigos - $9
Blazing Saddles - $10
The Naked Gun Trilogy - $15
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - $10
Airplane: 2-Movie Collection - $10
Jingle All the Way - $6.50
Die-Hard - 5 Movie Collection - $12

Humdinger

Some new bathroom rugs. Oh, the excitement!

I thought about picking up a Quest 2 for 250, but I don't think I'm ready to dive into VR. I have enough isolating hobbies as it is.

iHaunter

Mine:

Half life Alex on steam for $21

Kirby dreamland physical copy for switch $30

Ton of games on sale on the Nintendo eshop :

Rogue legacy 2 $17
The Messenger $5
Slay the spire $8
Contra collection $8
Enter the gungeon $5
Song Pop Party $10
The house of the dead remake $10
Doomsday hunters $12
Brotato $5
Retro bowl $2
Gear club 2 $3

Yes Santa came early this year
Rogue Legacy was super fun to beat. Took me about 14 hours to find my groove.

simpatico

Diablo 4 - Steam - $40
Dead Cells + all DLC - Steam - $29
Castlevania Advanced Collection Steam - $12 (aka Aria of Sorrow on PC)
Hollow Knight Steam - $7.50

Katajx

Gold Member
I bought a Cobalt Blue Dualsense for $50. I won’t get off this easy, but the kids will decide what they spend the rest of the gaming funds on.

Switch Games
Mario Wonder - $50

PC Game
Dave the Diver - $16

Blu-Ray Movies
John Wick 4 (4k) - $13
Dune (4k) - $10
Three Amigos - $9
Blazing Saddles - $10

Great taste dude! What are you gonna play/watch first?

splattered

Switch Games
Mario Wonder - $50

PC Game
Dave the Diver - $16

Blu-Ray Movies
John Wick 4 (4k) - $13
Dune (4k) - $10
Three Amigos - $9
Blazing Saddles - $10

Were those switch games the $40 digital deals? I've been looking for decent priced physical switch games and not seeing much out there

Legion Go 1TB
Dave the Diver
Grim Dawn Definitive Edition
Crusader Kings 3 Royal Edition + rest of the DLC

I'm debating grabbing Tetris Effect but $20 for Tetris feels steep.

diffusionx

Gold Member
RE4R PS5
Jedi Survivor PS5
Jagged Alliance 3 on Steam
Ultrawings 2 and Red Matter 2 on Meta

Legion Go 1TB
Dave the Diver
Grim Dawn Definitive Edition
Crusader Kings 3 Royal Edition + rest of the DLC

I'm debating grabbing Tetris Effect but $20 for Tetris feels steep.
It's worth it in VR.

I bought Arkham Knight for 4 bux. Need something for between now and February.

I do have to say, those of you buying a ton of games - do you actually expect to finish them all?

Durin

Neo Member
Great taste dude! What are you gonna play/watch first?

Well the first Switch game I already started playing is Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Haven't played a Kirby game in forever, much less one in 3d, and the reviews made it look great. To get the best use of the OLED though, I've also been playing through the last game on my PC backlog, the Dead Space Remake....which given the contrast heavy lighting in HDR looks like a completely different game vs. on my older IPS LED. Just night and day better and I never want to go back to anything less again.

I watched John Wick 4 last night to try out movies, and that also looked incredible. Everything just pops, the motion is so smooth, and even SDR content like Kirby looks great.

Were those switch games the $40 digital deals? I've been looking for decent priced physical switch games and not seeing much out there

I saw some similar deals on digital for a few, but when it comes to Switch games I like owning the cute cartridges, so they're all retail. To be fair though, Mario Wonder I got on Ebay new/sealed, Fire Emblem: Three Houses was Ebay pre-owned, and Kirby was pre-owned at Gamestop all with with boxes in nice condition. The other Switch games were new on sale during Black Friday at Best Buy.

EDMIX

RoboCop on $40 on Steam (might be same price on PSN) Who the fuck let this game look this fucking good? Holy shit!!! They nail the look and feel of the city.

F-oRQX5b0AAGsfj

robocop-7-653f93df5df6c.jpg

robocop-rogue-city-review-1.jpg

Eastward also only $12!

eastward.gif

uptown.gif

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I picked up MK1 for $40 on PS5 from Walmart. They didn’t have me at launch and the whole DLC Fatality thing was sad. I am still a MK fan and $40 seemed like a decent price. I played it for a bit. It’s not blowing my mind, but it looks cool. The loading screen for the menu is 🙄

Last edited:
I bought Arkham Knight for 4 bux. Need something for between now and February.

I do have to say, those of you buying a ton of games - do you actually expect to finish them all?
I used to buy only like 4 games a year but handheld PCs have changed that. The Deck has helped me clear a ton of my backlog. I look forward to my Legion Go arriving since I have quite a few games that aren't compatible with the Deck that I expect a Windows based device will fix.

if you are going to get a Quest 3 then you should wait and get the Meta native version imo.
The thing is getting the PC version means I have access to it on more devices including a future VR headset.

Were there any Quest 3 deals?
Didn't find any. Too new I guess. Best was regular price on Newegg but it came with a $25 Meta gift card which wasn't a huge enough deal for me.

kunonabi

Dirty Dancing 4K
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within 4K
Disney's Cinderella 4K(the original)

Bought most of my discounted games before BF but I might to try to get marvel ultimate alliance 3 off the eshop.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I ordered a 77 inch C2 and received a C3. Didn't that happen to someone else here also? Maybe the retailer (third party seller on Walmart) ran out of C2s and used a C3 to fulfill the order.

I paid $2000.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
The thing is getting the PC version means I have access to it on more devices including a future VR headset.
totally, i just found once I got a quest 3 the standalone mode is just way more convenient and my preferred way to play, as expected. I have TEC on Steam and was thinking about the native version lmao.

I've always wondered, do these games play like the "Tales of" series?
So the Atelier games are mostly known for having a cozy atmosphere, as each game's main narrative focuses on things like alchemy, friendship, and personal growth. While both series are JRPGs I would say that the main difference between Tales and Atelier lies in the combat which in Atelier Ryza trilogy is turn-based (there's also a strong emphasis on crafting/alchemy).

If you have any passing interest into these types of games I'd recommend watching a couple of Atelier reviews from Ircha gaming. She does a pretty good job at highlighting all the parts that make atelier games fun to play (or not if you're not into "cozy" games). XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom