• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your black Friday haul?

reinking

Gold Member
I am not feeling it this year. I have already spent too much money on Christmas gifts for other people. I did try to use my remaining PS wallet funds to buy another year of PS+ Extra until I found out I didn't get the discount price because I am already a loyal customer. F-that. Sony is making it easy for me to say goodbye to PS+ after all of these years. I guess I will be considered a returning customer next year? The only thing I plan to pick up for myself is a Quest 3 but no discount there either. Okay. Rant over. Happy Holidays to everyone. 🎅🎅🎅

Last edited:

baphomet

All the Binding of Isaac DLC on Steam. I already had it on Epic, but this just makes it a bit easier playing on the Deck. Now if I can just figure out how to transfer my save file.

Bunch of clothing.

Mostly Arc'teryx Veilance and some Salomon Goretex boots.

Gudji

donald duck disney GIF

Roberts

4 or 5 games on XSX. Hogwart's being the only major one. Also finally got Midnight Suns even though I'm so sick and tired of superheroes.

Denton

I got

- Samsung Evo 980 2TB SSD (120 eur)
- RE4 Separate Ways (7 eur)
- RE8 Winters Expansion (7 eur)
- GTA Trilogy Definitive on Steam (30 eur)
- Saints Row 2023 (9 eur)

I hope mods will spiffy up the GTA trilogy to make it worthwhile, and I hope Saints Row campaign will have some fun missions at least.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
The Witcher 3 Complete Edition on Xbox SD ($14.99). Was able to transfer my PS4 save over and will give the game another shot after not touching in since 2019!

kether

Neo Member
Finally picked up Bloodstained. Got the bundle that included Child of Light for an extra 1.50, I remember really enjoying the demo for that game back when it was released. Started with Bloodstained though, few hours in having a blast.

Yerd

I bought my first house! Sadly no Black Friday discount. 👎
You got the 2023 $100k bonus price increase in value and increased interest rates.

I'm also on the market for first house, and I'm just disgusted by the prices. When you compare a house price 1 year ago and see it's now $100,000 more today.

Kings Field

Steam Deck OLED
Smash OLED Bundle for my kids
Xbox Series X for the living room
Immortals of Aveum. Used $50 Best Buy gift card for that
Sonic Mania
Sonic Frontier
SM Wonder
SM RPG
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Remnant 2 for XB double dip
LOTF for Xbox double dip

Christmas bonus was good to me this year

Yerd

I bought a 4tb 990 pro nvme
SVS subwoofer for way too much money
3 Playstation pc games, Returnal, Spiderman, Miles Morales
Lords of the Fallen, which I tried the first 10 minutes or so and it didn't hook me, so I may regret that one. I'll try again soon.
Beef Jerky from a place that doesn't sell around my area, so I order, and free shipping was the super deal they offer.

WoJ

Way too much. I basically held off on buying games this year until now in order to splurge on Black Friday.

Super Mario Wonder ($40)
Super Mario Odyssey ($30)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 ($40)
Wild Hearts ($20)
Daymare 1998 ($10)
Singnalis (Physical copy, $10)
Spiderman Miles Morales ($20)
Weird West Definitive Edition (Physical, $25)
Beyond a Steel Sky: Utopia Edition ($22)
Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie ($60)

Also grabbed some stuff last month during one of Gamestops insane sale and a number of UHD 4k blu rays from Best Buy.

Katatonic

This week:

Trepang 2
Gran Turismo 7
Eschatos
Prodeus
Squad 51 vs. the Flying Saucers
Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection
Steel Assault
Crysis Trilogy Remastered
Danmaku Unlimited 3
Horizon Forbidden West: CE

The ascent cyber edition PS5 $12
Psikyo shooting stars Bravo Limited Edition for Switch $25
R type Final 2 inaugural edition Switch $15
Monster Hunter stories 2 $8
Stubb the zombies in a rebel way Switch $5
The wild at heart Switch $7
The Astroneer Switch $8

Amazon Australia had really good deals.

calistan

Capcom Arcade Stadium for the Xbox. It was reduced to £12.79, and I had another £5 from Microsoft rewards, so it was £7.79, and holy shit, this is an incredible retro compilation.

I think it's 31 games, and all of them have a shitload of options for screen filters, custom controls, rewind, adjust speed, online challenges, etc. There are loads of games I'd never played, alongside the obligatory three versions of Street Fighter 2. I'm addicted to Higemaru at the moment, it's sort of Pac Man meets Donkey Kong. It also allows dual stick control in the excellent Forgotten Worlds, making it the best version of that game in my opinion. This is one of the best retro compilations I've played. Can't believe I never heard of it before.

ASUS PG27AQDM OLED open box from Microcenter (not strictly BF but during the time period) - $599
G2G Almond Chocolate Chip Protein Bars 5 boxes
I bought BF 1/V from Steam but I put in refunds because the EA app kept telling me I didn't have access and I couldn't play them.
MW3 (2011) from Steam as I wanted to replay the OG Trilogy and didn't have a good way to play it.

That's really it. Monitor might get returned as something about it is giving me a headache. Sucks though, because $599 is a terrific price for a complete open box since the normal price is $999.

Hustler

Lords of the Fallen, which I tried the first 10 minutes or so and it didn't hook me, so I may regret that one. I'll try again soon.
Beef Jerky from a place that doesn't sell around my area, so I order, and free shipping was the super deal they offer.
Where did you buy the 4TB 990 pro me from and how much?

Valonquar

Last PC build was 2018... went back & forth between AMD & Intel a lot before deciding to go back to Intel. Also hemmed & hawwed over going with an AIO cooler vs the Deepcool. If the air cooling isn't enough I can always drop in an AIO replacement later.
yDu26vm.png

Yerd

Where did you buy the 4TB 990 pro me from and how much?
Amazon for 250. Not a blow away price, but I bought a 4tb 2 years ago at $360 (that was a really low price then) from teamgroup, that I needed to replace because it disappears when it gets hot. So, when you see I'm willing to blow 360 and I see 250, I'm all over it. Yes I saw the other brands were slightly cheaper too. Samsung is the most reliable.

It's the same price direct from samsung, but I get the extra points because I have amazon CC.

Now I just realized I bought 2 980 pro 2tb for $99 back in july that I never even used. I forgot to even install them. Now I have a lot of transferring to do. My main pc is still using 970 evo and an old intel nvme.

AndrewRyan

An incredible haul of bargain wishlisters to ride on deck:
Surf World Series - $7.49
Absolver - $5.99
Void Bastards - $8.99
DCL - The Game - $2.99
RIDE 5 - $35.99
Weird West: Definitive Edition - $9.99
SPRAWL - $7.49
Sky Knights - $5.99
Madshot - $8.99
TRON RUN/r - $5.99
WALL E - $5.99
Deep Rock Galactic - $8.89
BDSM: Big Drunk Satanic Massacre - $3.79
The Falconeer - $4.99
The Walking Dead: Telltale Definitive Series - $12.49
The Sinking City - $3.99
Pro Cycling Manager 2020 - $1.99

demigod

Last PC build was 2018... went back & forth between AMD & Intel a lot before deciding to go back to Intel. Also hemmed & hawwed over going with an AIO cooler vs the Deepcool. If the air cooling isn't enough I can always drop in an AIO replacement later.
yDu26vm.png
Goodness, looks like you gimped the GPU department. I would’ve dropped some other components and gotten a better GPU.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I mostly did xmas shopping from my desk, and 90% of it was actually the day before Black Friday...didn't really matter. I starting by eating it and paying full price for the Lego Pirana Plant because it was tracking above msrp on ebay. A friend and a sister will each get the lego wildflower boquets at $40 each, but that wasn't even BF, it was ebay. The best BF deal on those was $47 lol...I threw together a Target pick up order of discount smallish Lego sets that are getting discontinued. The X-Wing and TIE Fighter are on the way out and were $30 each. Long ago Wal-Mart had them this low before inflation and prices rose and I missed the boat. Also got the pilot helmet for $40 (best deal, will keep sealed) and some other random sets to use as gifts.

My other sister's joycon keeps disconnecting due to a faulty rail and she ONLY plays handheld so I got her one of those one-piece controllers that plugs into the USB port from Aliexpress. I also got myself two pairs of more ergonomic joycons along with it, for $80 total by stacking the first-time buyer and BF deals. Now I can send my drifting joycon to Nintendo. (It finally happened. It feels like a rite of passage. I'm a late bloomer)

Oh I also got the Lego TG centerpiece for forty bucks at Target...the night before TG. Last possible moment to make it in time lol

Hustler

Amazon for 250. Not a blow away price, but I bought a 4tb 2 years ago at $360 (that was a really low price then) from teamgroup, that I needed to replace because it disappears when it gets hot. So, when you see I'm willing to blow 360 and I see 250, I'm all over it. Yes I saw the other brands were slightly cheaper too. Samsung is the most reliable.

It's the same price direct from samsung, but I get the extra points because I have amazon CC.

Now I just realized I bought 2 980 pro 2tb for $99 back in july that I never even used. I forgot to even install them. Now I have a lot of transferring to do. My main pc is still using 970 evo and an old intel nvme.
Cool, thanks for the info. I’ll have to keep my eyes open on future deals. Looks like Amazon is sold out.

What SVS sub did you get?

Top Bottom