• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Dig 2 |OT| New Digs

jorgejjvr

Sooo there's this place where you have two light 3 skulls to get in, thought that was for the end game boss, but seems like it's not.

I found 1 of these lights, any idea where the rest are?

Sooo there's this place where you have two light 3 skulls to get in, thought that was for the end game boss, but seems like it's not.

I found 1 of these lights, any idea where the rest are?

Sorry, bad on names, but I'll try to describe well enough.

Mine entrance at the far right of the desert East of the town. It's the entrance above the temple entrance over there.

Bottom right of the conveyor belt part of that temple mentioned above. It's behind a golem that needs hit the with the fire pickax.

I'm foggy on this one. It's a really large "room" that had terraced sides to it. Up the left side was a golem blocking a way. It's behind that. I want to say the room or area was called something like Temple of the Golems or something with Golems in it.

jorgejjvr

Sorry, bad on names, but I'll try to describe well enough.

Mine entrance at the far right of the desert East of the town. It's the entrance above the temple entrance over there.

Bottom right of the conveyor belt part of that temple mentioned above. It's behind a golem that needs hit the with the fire pickax.

I'm foggy on this one. It's a really large "room" that had terraced sides to it. Up the left side was a golem blocking a way. It's behind that. I want to say the room or area was called something like Temple of the Golems or something with Golems in it.
Thank you, was only missing one by the time I read this. Got them all now!

And now I can't remember where the place that became available is now at lol

Thank you, was only missing one by the time I read this. Got them all now!

And now I can't remember where the place that became available is now at lol

Probably found it by now:

Roughly two-thirds of the way through the right-most temple area, if I recall. If you were progressing through the temple while getting those fire skull things above it would be a little after the last one (the terraced area). Sorry, don't know a better way of describing it and I'm doing this from memory.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how many trials are there total?

because fuck man... I'm definitely dying once at the stupid rocket trial. god damn that one is the fkn worst.

my best strat

just hit the shit with a grapple hook from far away and try not to take too much damage

jariw

how many trials are there total?

because fuck man... I'm definitely dying once at the stupid rocket trial. god damn that one is the fkn worst.

my best strat

just hit the shit with a grapple hook from far away and try not to take too much damage

I do that as well, but I have trouble accurately aiming the rockets downwards. Any tips?

These are the trials I've encountered:
Flight
Skillness
The one with conveyor belts
Buttons (don't know how that one is solved...?)
Rockets

This game is hefty! I'm 5 hours in now and just loving it.

Yeah it is. There is so much here, especially if you like exploring and immediately going back to places to experiment with new upgrades and gadgets you’ve equipped.

This is truly something; a massive step up from the first game, and I really enjoyed that one as well. This game iterates on all of the mechanics that made the first one so addictive and fun to play. It layers in all of these new little things to play with.

Steamworld Dig 2 easily makes my personal GOTY list.

Struct09

Recently played through this even though I never played the first and thought it was pretty good. My only nitpick would be the lantern - it ran out too fast in the early part of the game and interrupted the pacing a bit. But otherwise this game was super chill and perfect to play after adrenaline pumping matches of PUBG. Also a perfect fit for the Switch.

LOL at people who said this was “too short”. They either didn’t play the game or they’re thinking of the first one.

I’m more than ten hours in and I’m still not finished.

Can anyone help me in the
Vectron World? I go along for awhile and then hit an area where these blue lights go into crazy robots and the crazy robots kill me, any tips

Can anyone help me in the
Vectron World? I go along for awhile and then hit an area where these blue lights go into crazy robots and the crazy robots kill me, any tips

There's really only a couple spots being chased is unavoidable. If you are careful you can avoid them activating.

Typhares

Finished the game a few days ago, loved it! Game is really addictive and last just the right amount of time so it doesn't get tedious.
I'm now looking into playing games that are in a similar style as I can't seem to play any AAA to completion these days.
So far on my list: Axiom Verge, Guacamele and shadow complex.
Anyone played steamworld and any of those 3 can give their opinion about them?
Or any other recommendations for that matter.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Finished the game a few days ago, loved it! Game is really addictive and last just the right amount of time so it doesn't get tedious.
I'm now looking into playing games that are in a similar style as I can't seem to play any AAA to completion these days.

Castlevania SoTN-inspired: Guacamele, Steamworld Dig 2

Super Metroid-inspired: Axiom Verge, Shadow Complex

I prefer the Castlevania inspired games in the genre more than the Super Metroid inspired. So it depends on your taste. I would replay Dig 2 and Guacamelee than Axiom or Shadow Complex.

protonion

Guacamele is a must. Axiom is really good.
I found Shadow Complex to be terrible.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is my other suggestion.

Typhares

Thanks you two, guacamele will definitely be next then especially since that was actually the one I already own thanks to ps+ a while back :)

Shadow complex has good critics so I will see later, maybe watch some videos to get a feel for it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I liked Shadow Complex quite a bit. But then, I play just a few games, mostly to completion, so I don't have a lot of depth in this genre. If Steamworld is anything like SC I'm definitely getting it once I finish BOTW (only had a switch for a few weeks).

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Finished the game today and LOVED it! Took me right around 8 hours with about 35% secrets. Is there any in-game item or hint system that helps you find hidden walls and artifacts in the caves?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Finished the game today and LOVED it! Took me right around 8 hours with about 35% secrets. Is there any in-game item or hint system that helps you find hidden walls and artifacts in the caves?

Is a skill you can unlock to see secret doors/walls.

Top Bottom