• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Campaign will not release Trump's taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
Can we compile a list of all the stupid shit Trump has done, which would probably would have disqualified Obama for being president?

How many things does it fucking take?

The racism, misogyny, blatant xenophobia, immaturity, clear inexperience, failure in regards to many of his businesses, and sheer stupidity.

His Russian ties and the desire for them to hack the US to gain access to Hillary's deleted e-mails.

The refusal to disclose his previously filed tax returns when he himself in the past has gone after other opponents to release their private documents.

Whenever I see comments defending him, it's ALWAYS blamed on the liberal media trying to tarnish Trump.

Like these people are delusional past the point of being console fanboy warriors to draw a similar comparison. The most severe form of cognitive dissonance I've ever seen...

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm 99.9 percent sure Trump is not some sort of Russian agent. I would be shocked if something like that came out. what I'm saying is hes dumb enough to not realize how he's helping Putin destabilize the US and its allies.

He's calling for a foreign power to hack us servers out of sheer stupidity and ignorance.

Not as bad as being an agent but just as fucking dangerous to this country imo.

Ps. Remember when Obama was getting shit for "paling around with terrorists" or the the stupid reveren wright situation?

The hypocrisy

I'm 99.9 percent sure Trump is not some sort of Russian agent. I would be shocked if something like that came out. what I'm saying is hes dumb enough to not realize how he's helping Putin destabilize the US and its allies.

He's calling for a foreign power to hack us servers out of sheer stupidity and ignorance.

Not as bad as being an agent but just as fucking dangerous to this country imo.

He's definitely not a Russian agent lol but he definitely knows what he is doing. He's not just stupid. He respects Putin as a great leader and obviously wants to work more closely with Russia. It's not a stretch to say he wants America to be more like Russia.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
CNN breaking news headline

Donald Trump encourages Russia to hack Hillary Clinton

As much as want this covered, I fear this will take away from one if not the biggest night of the DNC

He literally can't drop out now. They need to make a go of it no matter what happens. He already has the full support of the republican party despite:

Racism
Treason
Multiple financial scandals and lawsuits
Daily lies
Russian Oligarch/Putin breadcrumbs
Multiple bankrupticies
Not releasing his taxes
Misogyny
Atheism

So it doesn't matter what he does, they will see this through to the bitter end. Short of him dying or actually being imprisoned, he's the nominee till November. In theory Pence could team up with some other assclown, but they can't make the jump from a one or two month ramp.

Don't forget proclaiming that helping people goes against republican party rhetoric.

I like Phony Donald, personally.

I prefer Destitute Don, but I like alliteration.

Ithil

I don't think anyone literally thinks he's a Russian agent employed to damage the US, what people think is that he has interests in Russia, business ones, and that they know they would be greatly benefited by his presidency over Clinton's, so they're attempting to lean the scales in his favour, which he is happy to take advantage of.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

As much as want this covered, I fear this will take away from one if not the biggest night of the DNC

He knows exactly what he's doing. For as awful as the guy is I do have to acknowledge that he is masterful at manipulating the media. He came out and did this today with the exact intent of deflecting the tax story. It's a bonus for him if this Russia endorsement of political espionage upstages the DNC tonight.

TheFatOne

Biden will 100% be talking about this tonight no doubt. The only question is if Obama will. People will be talking about this, but Dems. now have an opportunity to shape the discussion tonight.

Remember when Obama was getting shit for "paling around with terrorists" or the the stupid reveren wright situation?

The hypocrisy
Remember when he was leading the thinly-veiled racist birther movement against Obama demanding him to release his birth certificate?

The hypocrisy.

Binabik15

Crooked Donald, Lying Donald, Sneaky Donald, Penniless Donald, Red Donald, Small-hands Donald. It would be good to make a nickname like this stick.

Dodging Donald. I want Dodging Donald. He, I think, is a dodgy guy dodging things. That Dodging Donald guy. I know my guys and he's a real Dodging Donald guy.

It's so hard to type like this.

And Dems really need to grill Trump about this and his ties to Russia if the media doesn't want to do its job and delivers us poor ROWers to this madman for ratings and profits.

TreIII

Remember when he was leading the thinly-veiled racist birther movement against Obama demanding him to release his birth certificate?

The hypocrisy.

And THAT is what I'm hoping Barack will talk about tonight. Everybody else can go for the Russia thing, but he really shouldn't let Donald not being willing to put up his own paperwork go quietly.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think the most meaningful thing that can happen to Donald with all this noise, is that other party and establishment figures will get on the Romney train and disown him.

Vyse24

Crooked Donald, Lying Donald, Sneaky Donald, Penniless Donald, Red Donald, Small-hands Donald. It would be good to make a nickname like this stick.

Didn't someone here once make the nickname Deadbeat Donald? Cause I think that's the best one.

Betty

Banned
Dodging Donald. I want Dodging Donald. He, I think, is a dodgy guy dodging things. That Dodging Donald guy. I know my guys and he's a real Dodging Donald guy.

It's so hard to type like this.

And Dems really need to grill Trump about this and his ties to Russia if the media doesn't want to do its job and delivers us poor ROWers to this madman for ratings and profits.

Dodgy Donald would be perfect but it's more of a british slang than an american one.

Ovid

There is something going on
No doubt.

You would think with Americans being fed up with the little guy not getting his/her fair share they would demand to see his tax returns.

Especially from a billionaire business man who has declared company bankruptcy numerous times.

I just don't understand why people don't pressure this guy on anything.

greatgeek

Banned
I think the most meaningful thing that can happen to Donald with all this noise, is that other party and establishment figures will get on the Romney train and disown him.
Ideally, a party luminary (like a former president or presidential candidate) will endorse and/or campaign for Hillary.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think Trump is finished. This issue is obviously related to the Russia/NATO controversy.

He's not finished. The only smoking gun that would "finish" him is proof that he isn't a billionaire. He'd melt down. it's the only thing he cares about. He has a mania about it that he can't let go.

Either of the Bushes? Now that would be a weird sight.

They're not going to burn that bridge. W said something like "I fear I will be the last Republican president," which is probably as far as they're willing to go. They will imply their disappointment with Trump if asked, but they won't endorse Clinton. The party would never forgive them (and would work to tarnish their legacies) if they hand Clinton that political capital.

I wonder if it will split the party. Perhaps, Mitt & establishment will form their own party.

That would be great.

iammeiam

I've always been partial to Little Donny Thin-Skin, because I think it'd pair well with a cartoon rendering of him Dennis the Menace style.

Either of the Bushes? Now that would be a weird sight.

The Internet would explode from every possible angle.

I don't think any Republican disappoints me more than McCain. Ryan is looking at 2020. McConnell has always been a turtle monster that doesn't care about the country.

Trump actively called McCain a failure as a soldier and McCain still endorsed him. Even Ted Cruz, the human precursor to Slimer, couldn't bring himself to do it (though admittedly for selfish reasons). And the worst thing is McCain got a bump from the convention, so fuck me, I guess. He made the right call to cling to his shitty, dying career and vomit out the last bits of dignity within him.

rjinaz

I don't think any Republican disappoints me more than McCain. Ryan is looking at 2020. McConnell has always been a turtle monster that doesn't care about the country.

Trump actively called McCain a failure as a soldier and McCain still endorsed him. Even Ted Cruz, the human precursor to Slimer, couldn't bring himself to do it (though admittedly for selfish reasons). And the worst thing is McCain got a bump from the convention, so fuck me, I guess. He made the right call to cling to his shitty, dying career and vomit out the last bits of dignity within him.

Yep. I had some respect for him, but now that's out of the window. Time for him to retire.

He knows exactly what he's doing. For as awful as the guy is I do have to acknowledge that he is masterful at manipulating the media. He came out and did this today with the exact intent of deflecting the tax story. It's a bonus for him if this Russia endorsement of political espionage upstages the DNC tonight.

Some of you guys give him too much credit.

He's not "manipulating the media", he's just sounding like a dumbass on national TV. And no, it won't take attention away from the DNC. Motherfucking Barack Obama is speaking today, people are gonna tune in for that regardless of whatever buffoonery Trump does this morning.

drYwfCl.png

He has a point.

Tarkus

It has nothing to do with Russia and everything to do with the fact that he's not worth more than $200 million or so.

Jisgsaw

If he/his campaign is even remotely intelligent, his return taxes are (somewhat) fine, and they just play hard to get to be able to play the victim card when they finally release them and nothing is wrong with them.

But it's probably either that it shows he's not as rich as he claims, or show ties to russia/mafia. Or both, actually-

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Some of you guys give him too much credit.

He's not "manipulating the media", he's just sounding like a dumbass on national TV. And no, it won't take attention away from the DNC. Motherfucking Barack Obama is speaking today, people are gonna tune in for that regardless of whatever buffoonery Trump does this morning.

Seriously? He is most certainly manipulating the media. He's been doing it this whole run. He knows how the entertainment world works. He knows what buttons to press and when to press them. I can understand having a hard time giving Trump any credit at all but his media training and presence is on point.

Now I do agree with you and said as much either in another thread or back a ways in this one that this will not overshadow Obama/Biden and their speeches tonight. He actually gave Biden a box of ammo. I fully expect Joe to unload on him. With any luck the news cycle Thursday will be dominated by how Trump is a dangerous tyrant dancing on the line of treason.

"That's obviously what our position is" is one of the most bullshit deflections I've ever heard.

Also, Prima Donald is the GOAT Trump nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom