• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Biggest Loser: GAF Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Basically I know there are some members here who are out of shape, and instead of the "hey lolz look at me I'm in shape and you're not" or the literally thousands of stupid work out kind of threads, would anyone maybe 4-5 members who want to get in shape take like a 30 day challenge, where basically well make some sort of maybe one hour workout schedule that will accommodate your standards?

We'll also work on some sort of diet plan as well for the participating members, myself and perhaps other healthier gaffers can provide some tips? Anyway I was thinking about this, and I always like to help people feel good about themselves, and more oft than not it's through when I got two of my good friends in shape as well ...I dunno they just seemed happier.

So is anyone up for this idea or does it sound stupid…I dunno I was just brainstorming, and I saw a commercial for “The Biggest Loser” and I thought that maybe if some of you who are out of shape saw some kind of 30 day result would help to motivate you to live a healthier lifestyle?

Personally, I know after I saw even an ounce of visual performance I kicked it into over gear and since than have lived a healthier lifestyle.

But those involved would have to be honest, and perhaps provide visual aids of themselves from Day One to Day Thirty.

So anyone up for this or does this sound stupid…I don’t know it sounded good when I first though of it, but now it kinna sounds stupid =\

demi

Christopher said:
Basically I know there are some members here who are out of shape, and instead of the "hey lolz look at me I'm in shape and you're not" or the literally thousands of stupid work out kind of threads, would anyone maybe 4-5 members who want to get in shape take like a 30 day challenge, where basically well make some sort of maybe one hour workout schedule that will accommodate your standards?

We'll also work on some sort of diet plan as well for the participating members, myself and perhaps other healthier gaffers can provide some tips? Anyway I was thinking about this, and I always like to help people feel good about themselves, and more oft than not it's through when I got two of my good friends in shape as well ...I dunno they just seemed happier.

So is anyone up for this idea or does it sound stupid…I dunno I was just brainstorming, and I saw a commercial for “The Biggest Loser” and I thought that maybe if some of you who are out of shape saw some kind of 30 day result would help to motivate you to live a healthier lifestyle?

Personally, I know after I saw even an ounce of visual performance I kicked it into over gear and since than have lived a healthier lifestyle.

But those involved would have to be honest, and perhaps provide visual aids of themselves from Day One to Day Thirty.

So anyone up for this or does this sound stupid…I don’t know it sounded good when I first though of it, but now it kinna sounds stupid =\

jeez man wut do u care itz only the internet dont need to worry i mean its only the internet why you so all up in peoples biz seriously just relax man its only the internet

Chipopo

Banned
demi said:
jeez man wut do u care itz only the internet dont need to worry i mean its only the internet why you so all up in peoples biz seriously just relax man its only the internet

fatso

I honestly don't think this is a bad idea. Comparing my progress to others I sort of "know" would definitely increase my motivation. Yeah yeah, being healthy and getting chics should be motivation enough.

But, it works for people on the show. It could work here. My ass needs to get away from the computer sometimes, and knowing there are a few others doing the same thing could help. :p

jenov4

Posting on GAF certainly won't help!

But seriously, I think that .hacked guy and his brother lost a crapload of weight.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
demi said:
4455normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Triumph

Banned
I wouldn't mind doing this, but I'm already eating better and working out. About to go for my daily hour+ stroll, actually.

This is a good idea. If I had a digital camera, I'd join. Although I've already lost most of my weight and I've got a regiment that I stick to mostly.

.hacked

don't be hating on fatties =p

there is a skinny person under all that flab, they just need to find it :D

I'd join in but I have done my major weight loss, these last 30lbs are coming off slow (2-3lbs a month) =/

Triumph

Banned
bjork said:
oh ****, demon has been called out
By PD, no less.

I give the edge to Demon. He smoked some dope and ate some shrooms in Amsterdam, which is probably cooler than anything PhoenixDark has done.

Johan van Benderschlotten said:
By PD, no less.

I give the edge to Demon. He smoked some dope and ate some shrooms in Amsterdam, which is probably cooler than anything PhoenixDark has done.

I shook Jennifer Granholm's hand
I shook Tom Brady's hand
I shook Rosa Parks hand
I went to the Camen Islands

That has to count for something!

kojacker

I'm well overweight and found it hard to lose weight, and would have liked to have done this except I'm awkward. By which I mean:

- I have osteomyelitis (inflamed bone marrow) in my left ankle, which means it's difficult to do proper cardio/aerobic exercise. By difficult I mean other than short bursts of running/cycling it can get quite painful and I'm not sure what else I can do. I've thought about trying a rowing machine, and if I get the money I'll buy one... any other ideas gaf?

- I'm pretty embarassed by my shape and wouldn't be so happy posting my pics on here!

Since the start of the summer I've cut down on eating junk and started walking more, and I do some light weights every couple of nights. It's just a start and I know I need to do more, but I'm still learning about fitness after 20-odd years of ignoring it.

malek4980

Rosa Parks hater
PhoenixDark said:
I shook Jennifer Granholm's hand
I shook Tom Brady's hand
I shook Rosa Parks hand
I went to the Camen Islands

That has to count for something!
I see you put Rosa Parks near the back of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom