• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - 50 min video

Vire

Dub is offensively bad... Still watching and there's some mindblowingly awful deliveries. The script wasn't even the problem in these sections.

Definitely going to play with the Japanese VA.

Ok, I know that this video is put together carefully, as PR, but it actually calmed me down. Fights don''t look like they drop frames like crazy, and it looks fine by my standards (never been much of a graphics person )

21XX

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;213822057 said:
Its pretty obvious they're cutting parts out.

Or, more likely, it's just a weirdly paced intro. You remind me of the people who said the break in the Zelda trailer was Nintendo cutting a story secret out.

The characters in this game are just so unappealing to me personally. Can't get excited to play as four black-leather-anime-pretty boys.

Ishida

Banned
B-b-but the leak said the game's performance was terrible and was basically unplayable!! D:

It looks and runs fine.

Loudninja

Or, more likely, it's just a weirdly paced intro. You remind me of the people who said the break in the Zelda trailer was Nintendo cutting a story secret out.

The characters in this game are just so unappealing to me personally. Can't get excited to play as four black-leather-anime-pretty boys.
No parts are being cut you can tell.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why is the voice acting so bad? I'm not even a dub or sub whore, but this would be out of place on a cheap Saturday morning cartoon, let alone a major game release.

Toki767

Ok, I know that this video is put together carefully, as PR, but it actually calmed me down. Fights don''t look like they drop frames like crazy, and it looks fine by my standards (never been much of a graphics person )

What if they edited out the parts where the framerate dropped a ton?

lol

raven777

Cp_ZZ_rUIAAZhHx.jpg:large

The entire video is a bunch of scenes edited together. Did you even watch it?

artsi

B-b-but the leak said the game's performance was terrible and was basically unplayable!! D:

It looks and runs fine.

Yep, surprisingly the game doesn't look like hot garbage certain people have painted it to be on every occasion.

I'm fine already with this, and Neo version will be even better so no problem.

addik

Cautiously excited for this game. I love how the first 10 minutes feel with how the world just seems to open and inviting to explore, but descriptions/leaks of plagued development plus some other unflattering footage make me wary.

I guess I'll just wait for reviews. I doubt I would be able to play this game upon release, anyhow (Christmas break, ahoy!)

--EDIT: Video seems super compressed? It's not making the game look flattering, imo, but it really looks badly compressed.

Kawngi

I've been waiting for the game for so long that I'm likely to just buy it day 1 for PS4 but I just know the PC version will (should?) be much better. At the very least, I want the better IQ

Ishida

Banned
Yep, surprisingly the game doesn't look like hot garbage certain people have painted it to be on every occasion.

I'm fine already with this, and Neo version will be even better so no problem.

Seriously. All those people with their fake concern over the "bad performance" in the leak must be feeling like complete idiots right now.

It seems pretty standard for 15 years ago, maybe.

By modern day VO standards, it's awful. Like, I'm not sure I can deal with playing through a 50 hour game with VO this bad.

That's fine then. Don't play it! Issue resolved.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
ND games, Ubisoft games, Call of Duty, Bloodborne and so on.

They're decent to good.

It's enough if XV's is better than the english one, which isn't a goal that is unreachable. The game is too long for me to play in japanese.

Completely disagree, all games you named sound terrible in german but i guess that's just my opinion.

21XX

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;213823113 said:
The entire video is a bunch of scenes edited together. Did you even watch it?

I watched the first 10 mins or so. Seemed like things were placed like they were meant to be, just in a non-linear way. I guess we'll see, but I don't think it's heavily edited.

MUnited83

For you.

It looks and runs fine.

Not sure how a cherry picked fully edited video coming from the publisher would prove or disprove that? Wouldn't surprise me if they used the PC version to make the video either, so, eh.

Going hard for that WRPG audience I guess. Not feeling it.

Which is stupid because most of the game has a Japanese looking style. This is why the King's design looks bad IMO, because it's too different from the rest of the game while the older style was fitting. If they had the whole design being similar, it wouldn't feel out of date.

It's a game impressive in scale by the looks of it, but it also really helps show how weak the current gen systems are. Pop in, limited LOD, low poly models, texture pop in, aliasising aplenty. Definitely awaiting a Neo version on this one.

I know, Youtube compression, not in final game etc

Top Bottom