• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MP games will run at the same framerate across PS4 Pro and standard PS4

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/773620695532273665

rlY0dDJ.png

well then

I'm assuming this isn't true for game with a variable framerate like Battlefield 1 though? They can lock it to 60fps on Pro even though the PS4 dips down to 45 because its 60fps some / most of the time

What happens for something like bf1?

64 player conquest on ps4 40-60 fps variable

64 player conquest on pro closer to 60 fps lock?

This won't be allowed?

Durante

I wonder if this is actually true.

Technically it most likely isn't, it would be insane to try and replicate the exact same (e.g. GPU-related) frame drops.

Probably simply means no target framerate differences.

Why the fuck does this thing even exist? Should have announced the fully backwards compatible PS5 in 2017 for a 2018 launch with a real, tangible upgrade.

hodgy100

That was the only reason I would have upgraded (I play multiplayer games like BF1 exclusively) so I'll wait for ps5. This certainly made it easy for me to skip the pro.

well BF1 (and most MP games) run at 60fps anyway?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
57652392515314943.gif

Surely games with unintended framedrops can still be allowed to better hit their targets, like Battlefield 1, for instance?

Gestault

I assume they mean target, not actually perform at. A title like GT Sport is built around 60 fps and a competitive environment, and unless they manage ideal performance on core PS4s, deliberately engineering potential shortcomings into the higher-end model seems...not so good.

quest

Not Banned from OT
So the pro is basically worthless then. MS is our last hope for a real premium console. Sony sent out a gimped machine.

Why the fuck does this thing even exist? Should have announced the fully backwards compatible PS5 in 2017 for a 2018 launch with a real, tangible upgrade.

There truly is no point to this system.

Welp, there goes any motivation I had to pick this up. Better luck next time Sony.

You guys don't play single-player games? Not that there's anything wrong with only playing multiplayer games, I'm just asking.

Wagram

I wonder if this is actually true.

Technically it most likely isn't, it would be insane to try and replicate the exact same (e.g. GPU-related) frame drops.

Probably simply means no target framerate differences.

I would assume this as well. Most likely a more consistent frame rate advantage than anything, but not a 30 fps vs 60 fps gap.

Top Bottom