• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2016 Trailer

12BoM

Guy above, thanks for insinuating that there was actually a reason other than keeping Noctis alive, especially if thats an actual spoiler and you read the leaks.

Dick

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guy above, thanks for insinuating that there was actually a reason other than keeping Noctis alive, especially if thats an actual spoiler and you read the leaks.

Dick

Uhh... what? Come the fuck on. A MC not being a super important person is sorta stupid considering all the groundwork laid out. Sounds like you're just not approaching this properly.

Faustek

I know people really enjoyed the English Ardyn's VA after watching the voice actor featurette but in all honesty there is nothing that comes even CLOSE to the assholishness and awesome that is Keiji Fujiwara.

It's really damn good.

It's shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone that's watched Kingsglaive.

Thing is I don't really think that way. No way that they would serve everything that was up on a platter. See it actually have some meaning to why he does what he does. Like watch the astrals actually be beings that are siphoning from the gaia pulse that is the world. Bringing it closer and closer to it's doom.
My fanfic is hitting tomorrow. wanna read it?

Odds on Noctis growing dem wings for the final boss battle?

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/qtsAh7m.png[/IMG]

I'll give you .7 the money.... :|

Base version runs terribly. Pro version of FFXV is about bringing it to 'acceptable' levels, it doesn't have the solid technical foundation of other AAA games.

200.gif

Fantastic trailer.

It's really selling the fact that this is mainline game in the best way possible. From Versus XIII's ashes rises a Final Fantasy game I've been anticipating for so long.

After the XII's revisit to the GBA Ivalice, XIII's lukewarm reception from long time fans, and FFXIV journey from being a terrible MMO to the incredibly praised subscription based miracle of ARR; FFXV looks like it will possible stand proudly on it's own within the series' legacy.

Like Regis' passing his royal duties as king to his son, Nomura has passed Versus XIII (and the responsibility of harboring a mainline game) to Tabata. A worthy succession, even if all the rumors are true. I've never been this excited about a Final Fantasy in a long time.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Looked fantastic.

-_-

How many times is this poor woman going to be slapped around in this game? That was a different look for Ardyn though, haven't seen him lose his cool like that... wonder what Luna might've done to provoke him...

Luna "Noctis-sama will come, i have faith!"

Ardyn "Your hero won't come for you!"

Luna "You'll never understand the power of goodness, the light of the true king!"

Ardyn "GRRRRR -slaps-"

OrionX

I still think that Ravus is the main villain.

That's what I've thought for a while. Not as sure now, but it feels like they're trying too hard to push Ardyn.

Luna "Noctis-sama will come, i have faith!"

Ardyn "Your hero won't come for you!"

Luna "You'll never understand the power of goodness, the light of the true king!"

Ardyn "GRRRRR -slaps-"

Sigh... this is most likely accurate lol

Roldan

Part of the treaty is that Noctis and Luna are to get married. Regis wants Noct to get married with Luna at Altissia, so he sends him over there. However, the real reason is that he doesn't want Noct to be at Insomnia when all the shit goes down cause he needs him to be alive since he obviously is very important.

The REAL reason is (HUGE SPOILERS)
Cause Tabata and co couldn't handle doing the invasion scene in real time

Oh, ok. A shame that E3 2013 scene probably isn't happening then, but I guess I'm okay with it.

Not really in the mood to watch Kingsglaive, though. Maybe I will closer to Nov 29th.

wmlk

Oh, ok. A shame that E3 2013 scene probably isn't happening then, but I guess I'm okay with it.

Not really in the mood to watch Kingsglaive, though. Maybe I will closer to Nov 29th.

E3 2013 scene is in the game. Luna is summoning Leviathan as a precursor to that same thing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That's what I've thought for a while. Not as sure now, but it feels like they're trying too hard to push Ardyn.

Sigh... this is most likely accurate lol

If what I saw is any indication from Kingsglaive I would not want Ravus to be the main villain. The man fucking doesn't deserve it.

Tyaren

Yeah...I have to agree, that certainly does not look like the regular PS4 version:

FFXV_TGS_Screenshot_(22).jpg

The bad image quality is probably due to being screencapped directly from the trailer again. :/

sappyday

Many people confuse the 2013 E3 trailer with the 2011 Versus trailer. The E3 trailer has the Altissia invasion with Leviathan attacking the city. We see clips of this in this trailer so that's still in. The Insomnia invasion was only shown in the Versus trailers and in game of it in the 2011 trailer.

Haven't been following all the news as of late, but this looked nice.

Hopefully it turns out to be a good game and reach those 10 million copies or whatever SE needs to make some profit

Roldan

Many people confuse the 2013 E3 trailer with the 2011 Versus trailer. The E3 trailer has the Altissia invasion with Leviathan attacking the city. We see clips of this in this trailer so that's still in. The Insomnia invasion was only shown in the Versus trailers and in game of it in the 2011 trailer.

Ahhh, I see. I did not mistook them, though. I just thought that the invasion scene during the 2013 trailer was in Imsomnia. Thanks for clarifying.

Griss

Either they were too stupid to show off the PS4 Pro version until now or this game has gotten that rarest of things - a last-minute upgrade.

Either way, I'm not complaining.

Still though, I can't get used to 'not-Luna' after watching Kingsglaive.

Also, the emo stuff you get in FF games is present, which sucks, but the fact that the big beefy guy calls Noctis on his shit has me hopeful that they'll be self-aware about it this time.

jett

D-Member
/dead

The only support for this is that
the fiery dude at the beginning of chapter 0 has the same facial structure as Ravus

I'm not sure how could you even see his face.

I think Ardyn being Bahamut seems rather obvious now, he got a wing in his costume.

latest

wmlk

The leaks are real aren't they.

Not like this.

While they very well could be real, I only see stuff here that goes against the leaks.

There are two Shiva sisters...not one.
Gentiana most likely isn't Shiva. She looks nothing like either of them
Based on the book being given to Noctis, it shows Ardyn as Bahamut instead of Ifrit

Geg

Part of the treaty is that Noctis and Luna are to get married. Regis wants Noct to get married with Luna at Altissia, so he sends him over there. However, the real reason is that he doesn't want Noct to be at Insomnia when all the shit goes down cause he needs him to be alive since he obviously is very important.

The REAL reason is (HUGE SPOILERS)
Cause Tabata and co couldn't handle doing the invasion scene in real time

Tbh I think at least part of the reason why they rewrote it so Noctis isn't there anymore is because it would make the game front loaded with way too many cutscenes before anything really happens. There'd need to be a ton of setup with probably not much gameplay.

KupoNut

I really like how the graphics look now, some great lighting at certain moments. The gameplay looked great too if it's running like that on PS4. All my worries are gone and wow, this game is going to look so stellar on PS4 Pro.

Ray Down

Banned
While they very well could be real, I only see stuff here that goes against the leaks.

There are two Shiva sisters...not one.
Gentiana most likely isn't Shiva. She looks nothing like either of them
Based on the book being given to Noctis, it shows Ardyn as Bahamut instead of Ifrit

Actually about that first one:

CsXCG3OWAAA2M8Z.jpg

OrionX

If what I saw is any indication from Kingsglaive I would not want Ravus to be the main villain. The man fucking doesn't deserve it.

I think he's an interesting contrast to Noctis. I wasn't a huge fan of Luna in Kingsglaive either, but I'm hoping both will be better in-game. Who knows, maybe Gentiana will have a face-heel turn! FF could use another female main villain imo, that club's pretty small haha

Top Bottom