• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini: Famicom announced in Japan

pronk420

I really like controllers that size, GBA micro is perfect. Since the NES mini is out of stock everywhere in the UK I just pre-ordered one... D:

Impotaku

Seems there's some quirky stuff coming out due to the re-release of the famicom, along with the wave of famicom classic coloured power adapters and usb cables theres some pretty cool famicom classic magazines been issued.

My fave bit of merchandise is this though, a tiny storage box to keep your cables in when not in use, looks just like a disk system. As a bonus they even include the missing clear info stickers for the power and reset switch to add to your famicom classic to make it look 100% authentic.
510Z3xZO3bL._SL1000_.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Very cool. I don't really need a storage box, but in terms of completing the look.... smart.

Impotaku

Yeah it's not really needed i have to agree, as most of the time the cables are going to be left plugged in. Yet due to it making it look like a complete disk system setup i ended up ordering one lol, i'm sure i can find bits & pieces to put in it. May use it to store my famicom mini GBA carts.

Anyone wanting to blow 972 yen on one can find them here, but they may need a middleman service as i don't know if Amazon will ship this direct.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01MDTNH9F/

D.Lo

Yeah it's not really needed i have to agree, as most of the time the cables are going to be left plugged in. Yet due to it making it look like a complete disk system setup i ended up ordering one lol, i'm sure i can find bits & pieces to put in it. May use it to store my famicom mini GBA carts.

Anyone wanting to blow 972 yen on one can find them here, but they may need a middleman service as i don't know if Amazon will ship this direct.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01MDTNH9F/
Hell yes thanks for the link! I want all this stuff!

Doesn't ship outside Japan so I'll look up some services...

Nisa65

Picked mine up this afternoon without much trouble. The biggest Geo store in my area was sold out but another local hobby store had five or six of them in stock.

I live in the sticks though. No idea what the stock in big cities is like.

Not had a chance to give it a proper go but it's a nice wee device. Played through the first four stages of SMB and had no problem with the cable length which was a big concern for many. The size of the controllers may be a problem for those of you with big hands though as they are absolutely tiny.

Took some pics before I hooked it up.

Laws00

FUCK YA PEOPLE! It's happening!

Your Amazon.co.jp order of “ニンテンドークラシックミニ ファミリーコンピュータ” has shipped

Laws00

had a minor wtf moment.

DHL was going to send my package to east EAST WINDSOR, NJ when I clearly put in my postal code they used District/Suburb instead of using City and guessed which one I was in which fucked things up so I had to have it sent to an alternative address which was my real address :(

Well this looks promising lol
I hereby accept the DHL Terms and Conditions and authorize DHL to deliver my shipment as specified. I release DHL and my Shipper from all liability for any loss or damage that may result from delivering the shipment according to my request.

tiijj

Mine already arrived at tenso. I opted not to use direct (DHL), they suck, they're fast but they suck. I dunno if it's the same in another place but in Toronto, I think they use like a 3rd party courier from their sorting facilities to my door. Most of the package that I received, the box was damaged but most are minor damage. And only a small percentage are slightly damage and maybe 2-3 are really bad (more or less).

Picked mine up this afternoon without much trouble. The biggest Geo store in my area was sold out but another local hobby store had five or six of them in stock.

I live in the sticks though. No idea what the stock in big cities is like.

Not had a chance to give it a proper go but it's a nice wee device. Played through the first four stages of SMB and had no problem with the cable length which was a big concern for many. The size of the controllers may be a problem for those of you with big hands though as they are absolutely tiny.

So there's no hidden english menu right

Were the postcards pre-order only or any chance they will be included in amazon's next restock?
Found a few at the local geo easily enough, but tempted to wait and see.

Laws00

DHL got worried.

With delivery courier EAST WINDSOR, NJ - USA 11:27 AM

I don't live there. Got a deliver to an alternate address. Only 40 min to my house.........MAN I'M WORRIED

tiijj

Man that 30 card postcard set is awesome. Didn't realize that was coming with this.

Technically it wasn't, amazon jp usually have their own limited edition where they usually add stuff like postcards, folders, keychains, pouch, etc... The package with amazon jp are usually more expensive and in most cases when the regular item (without the amazon jp limited stuff included) drops down in price, the one with the limited stuff usually stays around the same price. Also the amazon jp limited bundle tend to sell out faster if the item is popular.

Laws00

This thing. I know it's been said but damn man the controllers on this thing are small as hell

also the dryer trick worked like a charm

In the mean time have a Japanese My Nintendo code

Cbajd5

This thing. I know it's been said but damn man the controllers on this thing are small as hell

also the dryer trick worked like a charm

In the mean time have a Japanese My Nintendo code
I redeemed the code, thanks. (It worked fine with my US My Nintendo Account.)

Top Bottom