• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun and Moon will be 3.2 GB, almost twice the size of XY

Forkball

721 new Pokemon confirmed.
large.jpg

The official Japanese website for Pokémon Sun And Moon has listed the estimated file size for the game, and if you're one of those people who is still using a single-digit SD card, you might want to look away now.
Each game will take up around 3.2GB - which is 26,214 blocks - on your SD card. The official site recommends you have at least a 4GB SD card (with practically nothing else on it, we assume) and also points out that having the demo and the main game may (read: will) result in a lack of storage space. It also helpfully adds that a larger SD card is highly recommended.
Will this news force you to upgrade your SD card, or are you already rocking a 16 or even 32GB variant?

Pokemon XY was 1.7 GB or about 14,000 blocks. Smash was 2.1 GB. But no, it is not the biggest 3DS game as Xenoblade is 3.6 GB, however it is only playable on New Nintendo 3DS.

Good lord....

I'm a long time gamer, to see a handheld game at that size, particularly Game Boy's successor, is just stunning.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Pfft size means nothing if the game quality doesn't back it up, though thankfully Sun and Moon is shaping to be a much better game than X and Y.

Revven

Wonder if it's any indication of the post-game content... well, here's hoping the post-game content is meatier this time around.

Wow, that's big. The biggest 3DS games (Metal Gear 3D, Resi Revelations, Bravely Default, Xenoblade 3D) all have a lot of voice acting, usually in several languages, and a few prerendered cutscenes.

Pokémon isn't really like that.

I feel my 32GB card is getting small game after game.

Crazy for a Handheld system, specially a Nintendo one.

Makes you think about those NX storage rumours...

Menitta

Don't 3DS carts only hold 2 gb?

Edit: I guess not. It'll probably have the same startup thing as Smash and MH4 on regular 3DS's

This is interesting news though I feel it needs how exactly XY/ORAS were broken down to make a bit more of it. Then again all I know is music:
XY - 130 MB
ORAS 322 MB
And well, ORAS is not 200MB bigger than XY so not much can be concluded.
Watch it all be FMV and voice acting

Of course it might not be 100% accurate either...

Pokemon XY was 1.7 GB or about 14,000 blocks. Smash was 2.1 GB. But no, it is not the biggest 3DS game as Xenoblade is 3.6 GB, however it is only playable on New Nintendo 3DS.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730057
Smash bros for 3DS was not 2.1 GB (maybe with patches its around that now but at launch it was around 1.3 GB). It's just pre-order cards for some reason said you needed 2GB of free space.

That said I came into this thread thinking Resident Evil Revelations was 4GB when in fact it is over 3000 blocks smaller than Xenoblade.

Forkball

Wow, that's big. The biggest 3DS games (Metal Gear 3D, Resi Revelations, Bravely Default, Xenoblade 3D) all have a lot of voice acting, usually in several languages, and a few prerendered cutscenes.

Pokémon isn't really like that.
Maybe they will introduce voice acting to the main series with this game.

"You know, Popplio, we really are Pokemon Sun and Moon." - Pikachu

Top Bottom