• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun and Moon will be 3.2 GB, almost twice the size of XY

Opa-Pa

I'll... Try to keep expectations in check. It does seem odd that it's that big without voice acting though, hmm...

Also I hope it's n3DS enhanced because I bet a lot of that space is a bunch or overly detailed models that will drop fps to 10s, AGAIN.

So how does one safely transfer data from sd card to another? Never had to upgrade before.

Just copy/paste the content into your new SD on your PC, it doesn't require anything else.

Josh7289

It's too bad 3DS doesn't support SD cards larger than 32 GB without utilizing workarounds I'm not too comfortable with. I would prefer to buy digital on the system but that holds me back.

I'll... Try to keep expectations in check. It does seem odd that it's that big without voice acting though, hmm...

Also I hope it's n3DS enhanced because I bet a lot of that space is a bunch or overly detailed models that will drop fps to 10s, AGAIN.

Just copy/paste the content into your new SD on your PC, it doesn't require anything else.
I don't think my laptop has a slot for a micro sd card :(

Praying this means there's a shit load of new stuff, but this is probably just because of how good everything looks :(((

Which is a decent enough problem to have I guess haha

KAL2006

Banned
It would he cool if the map from Pokémon XY was post game like Gold and Silver. It would make up for the lack of Pokémon Z.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Folks I don't think that we will be going to Kalos post game as the game looks pretty meaty as it is and Kalos was a huge region.

Plus it just seems like that they shoving the "Z part" into the game and calling it day.

Remember X/Y was GF first 3D Pokemon game. It was their training wheels of sorts.

And boy it did show, can't believe that they have the gull to release a bland game.

I hope it has N3ds enhancements. :/

We would have known if it had Super 3DS enhancements ages ago.

That's surprisingly big considering Pokémon's lack of voice acting.

Actually there is voice acting, Pikachu is voiced by his Japanese voice actress.

Sagitario

It's too bad 3DS doesn't support SD cards larger than 32 GB without utilizing workarounds I'm not too comfortable with. I would prefer to buy digital on the system but that holds me back.

No workarounds needed, you just to have to reformat your 64/128GB card to FAT32 and that's it.

Bubble

Neo Member
I am now expecting the Battle Frontier to have 12 different facilities. Anything less, and I'll be very disappointing.

Oh, who am I kidding? The post-game is probably XY-levels of bad.

Maybe there really is another region. All though, I don't see why they would do that considering going back to Kanto in G/S and HG/SS was a mistake.

B00TE

Oof, I may have to get a physical copy of this. Usually prefer digital, but my 32 gb card is almost filled at this point.

PSqueak

Banned
this is a warning for digital only folk, no? if im getting physical i shouldn't worry about space, right? right?

Going by a theory of New 3DS enhanced remember how Monster Hunter had higher resolution textures for New 3DS. That could happen here.
[Yeah because nearly all of Gen VIs data is is textures

I mean, could it be related in part to the addition of two languages in the form of simplified and traditional Chinese?
That is definitely a few megabytes from the script.

A text dump of ORAS I have is 18.5 MB (19,460,193 bytes). That contains 8 languages (Japanese twice one is kanji the other furigana). So adding Chinese makes that 10 (unless traditional and simplified can just be a font substitute but then again you would think furigana could be handled the same). I don't know how much bigger the in-game font becomes but that should be a few more MB.

wrowa

Why are you uncomfortable with reformatting an SD card? It's something really basic and a matter of seconds.

Top Bottom