• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game delayed to 2017, will have single player mode

glow

Banned
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/13/friday-the-13th-game-adds-single-player-will-be-delayed

Friday the 13th: The Game is adding a single-player component to its previously announced asymmetric multiplayer gameplay. According to publisher Gun Media, the game's release will be delayed into Spring 2017 "to expand development and inclusion of AI bots, Tommy Jarvis as [a ]playable character and [the] inclusion of Packanack Lodge playable map."

SackHead-03-copy.jpg

Bummer it's getting delayed but who really thought it would get released this year anyway. Awesome news there will be single player.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
We at Gun Media and IllFonic are very proud to announce that we're going to be able to give everyone that pre-ordered the game, and all those that buy the game from here on out, the most-often requested features and content!

Friday the 13th: The Game will feature the multiplayer experience that we've been building to date; but we're also announcing that we're adding a single player experience and the inclusion of AI bots!!! We've heard it from many fans on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, our own Forums, Reddit, in person at various conventions... You want offline play and Single Player, and we've listened and found a way to accommodate it in the budget and our schedule.

While the addition of Single Player and AI Bots means a bigger game for all, they also mean a delay from a Fall 2016 release window to a new launch window scheduled for Spring 2017. Gun Media and IllFonic will use the time to lay down the groundwork for the single player experience while continuing development of the multiplayer portion with additional content that we're about to talk about.

A little bummed about the delay, but I hope the single player campaign ends up being good enough to justify it.

Begaria

Wow, delayed so hard it went back in time.

Edit: Heh.

Well, adding in a single player is a good reason for a delay.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I better go get my time machine

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Damn. Now I was already buying it, but now I'm buying it ever harder. Fantastic news. Bots were a must IMO.

Memory

Glad they decided to add singleplayer and bots, its a shame they couldn't secure it in the Kickstarter. Game would have been DOA shipping with just MP.

Tagyhag

I wasn't going to buy the game but single player and bots means it went from "Never" to "Will eventually"

It's a smart move.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Accidentally made a duplicate topic (I searched!), but this is for the best. Should of maybe spoken a bit sooner, but I think they should take their time and add more rather than shoe-horn it in for Fall. Plenty releasing between now and then anyways.

Great news. The more time the better.

Mafia 3 is a great example of a game that needed 5-7 more months of polish. I have enjoyed my time with it so far, but know that it could've used the extra time to make it a great game. Hopefully this can happen for Friday The 13th.

Simo

I had my doubts it would be releasing this year when they haven't even had the beta yet and honestly this is for the best and the inclusion of offline play and single player is a awesome bonus.

Looks like they bumped the digital price from $30 to $40 because of single player but early backers like myself get it for $30 so another bonus. lol I imagine having it release in the spring and summer next year also helps given a new movie is supposed to be released in the later summer/early fall.

Simo

I wish it was getting a console beta though. PC beta key is kind of pointless for me when I backed it for the PS4 version and it'd be kind of neat to try and make sure the console version is up to snuff rather than the PC version. lol

spannicus

We all know the game is gonna be terrible but thanks to this I'm now at least gonna rent it.
Come on man atleast have some hope if youre a f13 fan. These guys are putting alot of love into this and having all the original members of the series involved is amazing. You think its gonna be terrible i think its gonna be the shit.

They were real quiet about the game recently, so I kinda figured they weren't going to meet the target. I'll definitely be interested in trying it out though.

Top Bottom