• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game delayed to 2017, will have single player mode

Madness

Damn that looks so much better than the beta. Much better ambience and kills and the counselors all look better too. I literally watched this game nonstop be streamed for a week. I could probably play that map with my eyes closed in the beta. Cannot wait to see if they incorporated water better for the levels so that part VII Jason becomes more viable.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
When is this coming out?
Early 2017 is their goal. So next month at the latest, but with the certification issues they seem to be having I don't expect it to hit that.

The beta was some of the most fun I've had with a multiplayer game in years. So glad I backed this on Kickstarter 🍆

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Wait, you can't talk at all without a talkie, or just over distances? If all 4 survivors are in a house, can they talk to each other, and can Jason hear them from outside?
They can talk but if they get too far away from each other they each need walkies. And yes, Jason can hear you talking if he's within close proximity. During his sense ability, it will pick it up at long range as a red blip on his screen.

JDHarbs

When does it stop being early?
December 31st

In all seriousness, we're well into Q2 right now so I'd say we've passed "early". They waited until halfway through October to say it wasn't releasing in October so *shrug*.

Game dev is hard and deadlines can easily be missed, but the communication could be better. :/

I just wanna play.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Any update on release?
They're currently going through certification, but they mentioned that Sony requested more time to allow for pre orders and they said no, so it won't be up for pre order on PSN. The fact that Sony is discussing pre orders should be a good sign that certification is almost finished.

They define Early 2017 as Jan - April, Mid 2017 as May - August, and Late 2017 as September - December.

Also worth mentioning that physical copies won't be available at launch for those that pre ordered, but they'll be sending them a digital code at no extra cost and then ship out said physical copies when available.

Oh, for those that backed or pre ordered the XB1 version, there was an update on code distribution.

t05spgwiokry.jpg

They've also added a few features since the beta. Namely throwing knives for Jason, traps he can set, and breakable fences to stop looping, and the Stalk ability which temporarily mutes the music to allow you to sneak up on counselors.

ryan13ts

Since almost half the year is gone already, it won't surprise me if they just end up waiting until October to release it to fall in line with Halloween. I had a bad feeling this wouldn't make early 2017 when that big delay came with them announcing single player and Tommy, so it's not like it something I wouldn't expected.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Since almost half the year is gone already, it won't surprise me if they just end up waiting until October to release it to fall in line with Halloween. I had a bad feeling this wouldn't make early 2017 when that big delay came with them announcing single player and Tommy, so it's not like it something I wouldn't expected.
I very much doubt they will. Why delay the game all the way until October if it's already in certification? If anything, I expect the single player to be pushed from Summer 2017 to Fall 2017 in order to coincide with Friday the 13th in October.

Top Bottom