• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game delayed to 2017, will have single player mode

glow

Banned
We all know the game is gonna be terrible but thanks to this I'm now at least gonna rent it.

The single player content is only free if you pre-ordered it. Unless you like renting games and then paying for the dlc? 🤔

Come on man atleast have some hope if youre a f13 fan. These guys are putting alot of love into this and having all the original members of the series involved is amazing. You think its gonna be terrible i think its gonna be the shit.

They really have put a lot of work into it. It's good to see devs so passionate about their work and dedicated to the source material. I'm rarely excited about games anymore but I've been waiting for this since before the NES game came out.

The biggest news is TOMMY JARVIS AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!!!

friday-the-13th-tommy-jarvis.jpg

Stiler

I do hope single player is going to have an actual narrative/storyline and everything and isn't simply going to be multiplayer with bots or a barebones thing.

JDHarbs

They went with the crappy Tommy Jarvis which is unfortunate.
The other two versions of the character were a little kid and a guy who never talked.

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't be surprised if he has alternate skins like Jason does.

Stiler

Shut. Your. Mouth.

I liked Thom Mathews in Return of the living dead but Corey Feldman>him in the Friday the 13th movies.

I don't get why some people think they couldn't have gotten Corey to do the voice. It's not like they are using facial capture for this game, it's just voice work that they'd have to do, there's no reason they'd have to make model that looks different or something.

J3nga

Single player for free? What the F? They highlight it like it's uncommon thing, I refuse to support devs like that, hope your stupid game flops heavy.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Last I checked, the only thing holding it back is passing compliance.

I hope the story mode is playing through the various movies with Jason X as an unlockable secret level.

There was a Jason X stretch goal for the Kickstarter that wasn't met. They said they'd still like to add it in, but if it happens it'll be post-launch and if the game is doing well.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Kevin

The concept of this game just sounds ridiculously good. Sadly I don't really have any online buddies to play this game with but it does look damn good. Is there any kind of single player component to this game?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Dat spear kill. Goddamn.

Part 8 Jason looks boss as fuck too. And the OST is OFF the goddamn charts in this.

The concept of this game just sounds ridiculously good. Sadly I don't really have any online buddies to play this game with but it does look damn good. Is there any kind of single player component to this game?

There is, but you can play as Jason only in the offline mode, which is a huge knock against the game. There needs to be an offline counselor mode IMO.

Not seeing any footage of this, I was skeptical about the shorts, but the video proved that the shorts are legit. I could see half of her ass.

Is there proximity chat?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool a Fatality montage, those are always fun

There needs to be an offline counselor mode IMO.
I know stalker AI is hard to program but this is exactly what this shit needs to take it to the next level. While this is easily the closest ol JV has gotten to vidya game treatment, a counselor mode is straight up gold for anyone to jump into if done right.

Top Bottom