• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV might receive additional PS4 Pro support post launch

Exentryk

MOD ABUSE:

Here's another take on the interview.

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/15839/why-tabata-do-not-show-off-ffxv-on-ps4-pro#latest

"It seems that, like the PC version, they weren't planning to do a PRO Patch at first (cause, you know, the original release was at September 30th without PRO features), so, in Tabata's words, to take advantage of PRO's features, they would need a lot of time that they don´t have right now.
But Tabata thinks that, after the release of the game, taking the time they need, they will be available to create a PRO patch that uses better PRO`s features.

The interviewer talks about 4KHDR and Tabata doesn't deny it, so, for now, 4KHDR is the unique feature of PRO version."​

Q: Will FFXV be coming to PCs? Also, what about the PS4Pro version of the game, the improvements will consist only in 4K and HDR or there’ll be modes/configurations for the player to choose how the game looks?

HT: About the PC we’re focusing all our efforts into the console versions of the game. So we’re not looking into it right now to be honest. Making a PC version of the game would mean we’d have to readjust a lot of stuff and concentrate solely on developing it, even though the development team has shown interest in getting a PC version out at some point. About the PS4PRO, it’s basically the same thing about the PC – if we wanted to take full advantage of the new hardware that would mean putting in much effort and time to make the game look and run better…and time is something we don’t have right now neither we had foreseen the PS4Pro existence before. In the future, with some dedication and time maybe we can get a PS4Pro version of the game that can take advantage of the systems capabilities. But as of right now the game has maxed out the PS4 horsepower.

via http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-general-news-thread.3288/page-336#post-41301

Hagi

I thought Sony mandated that every game released after September had to have a PS4 Pro mode?

consisting of what though? here we have them saying it's in 4k and has HDR and that's it for squeenix. What's the cut off point for meeting the criteria? how are they even enforcing it?

I thought Sony mandated that every game released after September had to have a PS4 Pro mode?

They have to support PS4 Pro, but there's no mandate in how we support the PS4 Pro. My games don't have unique visuals or take advantage of PS4 Pro either (outside of maybe 4K).

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
lbYewsi.gif

I don't care, but I needed to use this gif!

Hopefully they just mean they won't be putting in time to change assets and things like that. I'm hoping for better framerates, IQ/res, and LOD, as those shouldn't require a significant investment of resources.

All im getting out of that (which the poster admitted is his own translation) is that they arent going to do anything drastically different like they would with a PC version. The little bit of pro footage that they've shown has looked great.

And for those confused, they've already confirmed the pro version will be available day 1.

The source is a bit questionable, disappointing if true though. At the very least it will have to have a good framerate and run at 4k since Sony requires it.

I couldn't help but chuckle when I read this:

"time is something we don’t have right now"

Edit: nevermind regarding my comment on PS4 Pro patch, I forgot there was one already planned.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
We already know the game has PS4 Pro support, so I guess this just means they're not going full on with 4K etc. I wonder if they're even using checkerboarding or just locking the resolution to 1080p ?

Would be interesting to see. At the very least I hope they lock the frame rate down and increase draw distance. At least that's what it seemed from the little clips of the Pro version we've seen.

Mareg

Well that is good for my wallet.
This way I can keep my slowPs4 and double dip in a couple of years when the PC version comes out.

Wollan

Well we're mainly only asking for image quality and framerate improvements which I'm sure will be the case?
Might need to cancel my pre-order until confirmed one way or the other.

Exentryk

This doesnt really say that though OP. Only that they need more time to improve it.

"with some dedication and time maybe we can get a PS4Pro version of the game that can take advantage of the systems capabilities."

MAYBE they will later, but nothing is planned for now. Release is definitely just going to be the basic 4K upres for 4K TVs and HDR, but don't expect a bells and whistles 1080p mode.

BigEmil

So likely just some quick enhancements that's it nothing too thorough and all to take full advantage of the Pro

Celcius

°Temp. member
Glad I decided to wait for the inevitable PC version.
It sounds like it will be a long wait though :(

chefbags

Sucks to hear but hopefully in a few months or so they'll have some time to make it better.

Still getting a pro just for the games coming out in the future though that'll take advantage of it.

Good. I'd rather have the game finally instead of more delays. Also if anyone was truly expecting heavy support for Pro this early on or as a standard you're kidding yourselves.

Best wishes.

It runs in 4K. There you go, Pro supported.

We have no confirmation on what they are doing with the Pro version. All we have to go by is the little bit that they've shown of it, and it looks better than the PS4 version. Im sure SE will breakdown the differences here in a few weeks.

That fucking sucks tbh.

All I wanted is better AF, AA, 1080p and a rock solid 30fps. Maybe some more grass and better draw distance. That can't be that demanding, or can it ?

Edit: Btw. they Pro was shown off in some places and Cerny had his thing, didn't they show FFXV running on the Pro?

Alej

Banned
Checkerboarded 4K, better LOD and a more polished framerate is all we need for this game. Let it shine in 4K.

Xater

We have no confirmation on what they are doing with the Pro version. All we have to go by is the little bit that they've shown of it, and it looks better than the PS4 version. Im sure SE will breakdown the differences here in a few weeks.

I'm just saying that is the base thing they have to do to support the pro. Then they can always downscale that for 1080 for improved image quality. If you don't have the time or want to spend the resources for more it's the easy thing to do.

King_Moc

Banned
It was shown with hdr so it supports that. This translated statement goes against very recent information about this games ps4 pro mode.

It's possible that they mean that by not putting that much effort in they mean they will be just improving IQ, upping the resolution etc, rather than actually redoing geometry, textures etc, as they are relatively easy things to implement in comparison.

LordKasual

Banned
Wait, so they're saying they might not bother making it look like the Pro test footage they put out?

Well, the Pro footage looked so impressive because until that point we had been looking at the gamescom footage. But that was before we saw the current build.

The actual Base PS4 footage now looks much closer to that pro footage than it did to the gamescom footage, so yeah there might not be that many changes.

entremet

Gotta learn to keep expectations in check, guys.

The game coming out is a miracle in and of itself by now. Those expecting huge Pro improvements were setting themselves up disappointment.

Top Bottom