• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 "PRO" speculated price? What are you willing to pay?

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Not willing to pay anything, not interested in a PS5 Pro.
derp GIF

nial

Gold Member
That's a real photo.
The PlayStation One also fell to a $50 price point in the early 2000's.

A brand new Dreamcast with keyboard could also be bought for $99 , as well.

What a wonderful time.. ☺️
PS1 and Dreamcast were dying consoles, while that was GameCube in its first year on the market.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I’ll see what it does for PSVR2 first. Will be interesting to see if any titles get patched with new bells and whistles.

If no one bothers, I won’t.

I don’t see the point getting a pro if you already have the base model. Differences will be minimal considering that the games still need to run on the base model and no game has really pushed the base model to its full potential (probably GTA 6 will come close to it).

Minsc

Gold Member
Not willing to pay anything, not interested in a PS5 Pro.

Do you just not care about performance?

Say the next 5 games you were most looking forward to playing all were PS5 exclusives and ran sub 30fps with bad frame pacing and sub 4k on PS5 with no performance mode, but on PS5 Pro they ran a perfectly locked 30fps or even (though unrealistic I think) a perfect 60fps at 4k.

Still 0 interest?

What a truckload of nonsense. The 3090 has 24GB of VRAM, why would it it be obsolete in a few years lmao? A PC sporting a 3090 today will outlast the consoles today. You still have people rocking old-ass 1080s from 7 years ago and you have the nerve to type this.
This

saintjules

A - If it increases the framerate in GTA VI to 60 fps and keeps the resolution at the same level (very unlikely): €700,-

B - If it combines performance and quality mode in all games: €600

C - If it boosts the VR experience: €550

D - If it plays PS3 games optimized: €525

E - If A, B, C and D aren't the case, I'll stick with the OG

What if it has all of the above?

schaft0620

I would honestly pay $799 given more context. Anything above $600 there has to be significant day one games.

I think they launch it at $599 without the disc drive included and with just a few games that get updates but then the flood gates open in 2025.

My guess for 2024 "PS5 Pro Enhanced" games:

Astrobot
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Spider-man 2
Miles
God of War Ragnork
Horizon Forbidden West
The Last of Us Part 1
The Last of Us Part 2
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Silent Hill 2
NBA 2K

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
It needs to be £499 and it needs to make a tangible visual difference to the games in order to make me jump, same visuals at 60fps as OG PS5 at 30fps is not enough for me

I would honestly pay $799 given more context. Anything above $600 there has to be significant day one games.

I think they launch it at $599 without the disc drive included and with just a few games that get updates but then the flood gates open in 2025.

My guess for 2024 "PS5 Pro Enhanced" games:

Astrobot
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Spider-man 2
Miles
God of War Ragnork
Horizon Forbidden West
The Last of Us Part 1
The Last of Us Part 2
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Silent Hill 2
NBA 2K
Here’s how it works for me the current leaked specs I wouldn’t pay more than 499 for without a disc drive. I would pay 599 without a disc drive if they upgrade the cpu to zen 4 or preferably zen 5 I’d pay 699 without a disc drive if they upgrade the cpu to zen 5 with 3d cache as well as get a full Rdna 4 gpu that’s equivalent to a 4080 id pay 799 if they give it 20-24gb of memory and everything else in the 699 category but the gpu instead is 4080 super tier or a bit above these are my standards and nothing less and above 799 I’m not paying there really won’t be anything worth unless they are aiming for 4090 tier

I mean 699 is my max but it has to have the performance of a 4080 and an upgraded cpu if they charge that otherwise I wouldn’t go more than 599
I can't imagine a reality in which Sony prices a console more than $599 anytime soon. The launch of the PS3 hurt them badly. Yes, there has been a lot of inflation in the last 18 years, but in the mindshare, $599 is still not a mass market price for a console. My guess is that they'll drop the Slim to $399 and start selling it exclusively as an All Digital system with the ability to buy the disc drive separately as an add-on. The Pro releases for $499 as an All Digital system or maybe $549 if the drive is built in. I don't think they'll be going with the built in disc drives like in the launch PS5.

Last edited:

skit_data

Had to look this up because I found the woman so familiar and I was indeed right:

This is Malena Ernman, a famous swedish singer. Now that probably doesn't ring a bell to most people but what if I told you...

The woman in this gif is Greta Thunbergs mother.

How Dare You Greta GIF

Edit: Alright I went way too far into the rabbit hole with this one... this is one of the wierdest performances I've ever heard/seen:

Sorry for off topic post folks

Last edited:
I bought a PS4 Pro and loved it because at that time I had just bought a 4K TV so it was timed perfectly.

I own a PS5 but I am not sure I will bother with a PS5 Pro based on the disappointing specs (certainly as far as the CPU goes) as I already own a PC that is far more capable than the PS5 Pro will ever be. Besides, Sony now release PS5 games on PC, albeit with a delay of 18-24 months, so there isn't the same excitement for owning a new console as there was back in the PS4 Pro days. I suspect I will just choose to wait and play PS5 games on my PC instead. That £500-£600 that I would have spent on a PS5 Pro can just go toward a future PC graphics card upgrade anyway...

Last edited:

gundalf

I would pay €599 although this time I'm more interested into a true PS5 Slim, the OG PS5 is just too chunky for my liking.

Last edited:
I mean it’s gonna be $599. Or at least one of the options for it will be $599. It’s just common sense. It’s like asking when a new consoles launch in the fall is going to be. Clearly either the week before Thanksgiving, or the week before that. 🤷‍♂️

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I mean 699 is my max but it has to have the performance of a 4080 and an upgraded cpu if they charge that otherwise I wouldn’t go more than 599
Why are you still talking about the 4080? Just go build a PC with one if you’re so obsessed with it.

We got some of the specs and it’s clear as day Sony was never targeting high-end PCs (what a surprise). It’s just a PS5 with a better GPU, ray tracing, and image upscaling technique.

If you so desperately want monstrous specs, either build a top-tier PC or wait for the PS6, but even the PS6 will still be only equivalent to a mid-tier PC of its day.

Those PS5 Pro discussions always get hijacked by people wanting a much better CPU or GPU and that’s utterly pointless.

Last edited:
I already have a PS5 and I'm not paying more money for what will likely be a very similar experience but with a resolution boost. Games that already underperform are not going to magically run so much better. Developers are responsible for releasing games that take advantage of the hardware and I don't feel like that has been happening. Obviously this is a wider issue with the industry and not specific to Sony.

Gamerguy84

I've got a couple PS5s. A third would never get touched so I'm going to sell one to help pay or put one back in it's box for collection purposes.

I think I have a working system for just about every console in history, except the rare ones.

Last edited:
My guess it's going to be $549 with PS5 digital dropping to $349 and PS5 disc dropped to $429. I'm willing to pay as much as $699 for the Pro!

Why are you still talking about the 4080? Just go build a PC with one if you’re so obsessed with it.

We got some of the specs and it’s clear as day Sony was never targeting high-end PCs (what a surprise). It’s just a PS5 with a better GPU, ray tracing, and image upscaling technique.

If you so desperately want monstrous specs, either build a top-tier PC or wait for the PS6, but even the PS6 will still be only equivalent to a mid-tier PC of its day.

Those PS5 Pro discussions always get hijacked by people wanting a much better CPU or GPU and that’s utterly pointless.
Hi it’s been a bit since I talked haven’t been here as much cause of family matters. I’m not the best with gaf etiquette so can you tell me what exact the laughing symbol you directed towards me is about.

Top Bottom