• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 "PRO" speculated price? What are you willing to pay?

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I can't really say I am interested at the present time. I barely see any games that utilize all the power of the PS5 so highly doubt we will ever see a game pushing the PS5 pro full limits. It's kinda like a guy who has a Race Car but never takes it on the track. SO the answer Is I am willing to pay 0 for it right now.

Now about Speculated price that is another thing. NO doubt it's going to be another shit show bonanza with Scalpers getting most of the launch units inflating prices from the MSRP. So what do I think it will retail as? I am saying $699 and they may make it a "deal" by throwing it psn for a few months or maybe some pack in game. Just my opinion.
I would gladly pay 800 for a power machine ... wont pay 599 for a marginal resolution/RT upgrade at 30 fps.

AngelMuffin

M1PwkuV.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
I would gladly pay 800 for a power machine ... wont pay 599 for a marginal resolution/RT upgrade at 30 fps.

Yeah.....if that is what it is then I ain't buying it either. I'm interested in see analysis of the game upgrades, particularly what Sony does with baked in PSSR. But if we get more 30fps shit then I'll pass.

Last edited:
Depending on the specs. So if the PS5 Pro comes with high-end specs that will justify its price, I'll get it no matter the cost! Two of them.

Last edited:

Three

It depends what it's offering. Will wait to see what improvements it has in what games before I decide on what I'm willing to pay.

mystech

The PS5 will be 4 years old this November and it’s still selling at its launch price. I’m thinking Sony finally gives it a price drop with the introduction of the PS5 Pro so we end up with a lineup like:

PS5 Digital: $349

PS5 Disc: $399

PS5 Pro: $499

Although I have been getting cocky 2005 PS3 era vibes from Sony lately so who knows, maybe they go for $599.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm just going to stick to my base PS5.
But if I cared about the Pro, the price wouldn't stop me from getting one.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Still debating...but I think 500 is fair. From what the rumors have said it doesn't seem as though it'll be much more powerful. Still need some info. I've been confused about the whole 33 or 67 tflops whatever it is...So I'll just wait for results and by that time I'll have more info about what they are doing with their exclusives.

From what I understand, GaaS games may come day and date with PC...single player narrative-driven games will take some time to come to PC. If this remains the same...I'll probably just upgrade the pc and wait.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Would basically buy on impulse anywhere up to 700, though would prefer 600. Don't really care tbh. Already squirreled the money away. I would like to see something like a Cery talk on the design decisions. Probably not going to happen.

Shifty1897

Inflation and already winning the generation means it will be at least $600. I could see $650-$700 if you want a disc drive. People will buy it and Hiroki Totoki knows it.

Last edited:
$0 presently, because I don't see any value in this upgrade. Making a game go from reconstructed 4k at 30fps to native 4k at 30fps is not good enough for me. If however there was some kind of major announcement of some magic that would allow you to replay all of your 30fps PS4 and PS5 games at 60fps.or higher, well, now you have my attention.

TexMex

I will pay whatever they're asking and I don't care that I'm part of the problem as you're hovering over that quote button.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
We haven't even gotten games designed specifically for the PS5 that takes advantage of its hardware. Why would I throw even more money into the trash can?

StereoVsn

ideal:
$499 digital
$599 disc based

likely
$550 digital
$650 physical
I just don’t think they will go over $600. Thinking $550 Digital and $600 Disk. Otherwise disk add-on will be $100.

Disk drive is pretty cheap so Sony will not want to give up profit for $500 DE, IMO.

Considering I passed on ps5 slim because they didnt redesign the physical console itself, that will be my determining factor. If it looks considerably better, then I would be ok with ~$6 or 700. But it better have some brutal performance, 60fps minimum on every game, no exceptions. Lets see what pssr can do.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I hope the scalpers buy them up and end up with a fat long loss in their ass when they realize there is little demand on it.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Disc Pro: USD$699 (also price if no Digital version is announced)
Digital Pro: USD$649

I imagine they'll focus on improved RT and resolution bumps in specific titles. For example, I expect Dragon's Dogma 2 to receive a good performance improvement. However, adding 60FPS modes to currently locked 30FPS games seems pretty unlikely given the CPU isn't supposed to be better.

RCU005

If it was me,

I would have made the PS5 Slim digital the only SKU at $399, and sell the disc drive at $99.
That way, people would buy it because it’s chepear and if they really want disc, the option is there. The price would still be the same as a disc PS5 at launch.

Then, I would price the PS5 Pro digital at $499 and sell the disc drive separately at $99.

However, if it was me running Sony, I wouldn’t have green lit a PS5 Pro

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
With the new gpus launching this year I'm actually going to take the wait and see approach.

If they demo it across a wide selection of titles and it's genuinely awesome I'd pay 599 gbp for a disk one with the specs we have now.

If it was different specs and say a 3d cache cpu I'd go up to and even over a grand for one.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'd pay $1000 if it was worth it. But for what this seems to be, 4 years after the original PS5, probably about the same as that.

PS5 Pro Digital - $399.99
PS5 Pro Disc - $499.99
Base PS5 Digital (node shrink refresh) - $299.99
Base PS5 Disc (node shrink refresh) - $349.99

Salmon

I don't really care to be honest. If a plastic little box can give me hundreds of hours of entertainment, I pay whatever.

Xtib81

I must be in the minority but I'd be willing to pay 700-800€ or even more for a real beefy pro machine.
For some reason, consoles are the only piece of tech where you can't have a powerful beast and no, I don't want to buy a PC.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I don't agree with people saying that PS5 Pro will have a similar price to current PS5 Slim (meaning Slim would take a solid price cut). Sony has been milking their fans this gen... HARD. For the first time in their history the Slim revision actually costs more than the outgoing model. Not to mention how much they've charged for Portal or Dualsense Edge. 599€ wouldn't shock me.

Last edited:

Eimran

I think 599. But I'm not paying more than 500.

So if it's more expensive I'll just keep playing on my PS4 until a discount comes.

Mithos

$599 digital
$650 disk
That's sadly almost how much I have to pay for the current PS5's

PS5 disc, ~us$655 (~6900SEK)
PS5 digi, ~us$560 (~5900SEK)

I expect the PS5 Pro to be ~us$700+ (digital), us$800+ (disc) converted from local price SEK to us$.
The PS5 is already to much for me to buy one, same is going to be true fro the PRO.

What I'd be willing to pay for the PRO is "maybe" the current prices of the PS5 (see above in bold)

midnightAI

ideal:
$499 digital
$599 disc based

likely
$550 digital
$650 physical
I dont think the drive will cost $100 more when the current Slim is only a $50 difference. I know they did that with the original PS5 but thats because they just soaked up the loss of more money on the Digital version. I would think with the Pro they wont be losing any money on it

My guess $600 digital, $650 with bundled drive (hopefully less, but like I said, I dont think they'll lose any money on it)

Scalpers had the advantage of covid back in 2020, now that we're out of that nightmare there's less issue purchasing systems
Covid increased demand quite a bit, sure, but demand exceeding supply can happen without Covid as well. They just need to not make enough units, this time on purpose. Considering that 700 and more has been paid for the regular PS5 then, I would not be surprised if Sony started with that. A minimal price cut for the regular PS5, making current sale prices regular, but proper premium price, in the slipstream of 4090/4080 and 7900XTX, for the Pro. It is anyway meant to be for enthusiasts that think brute forcing performance is more important than actually optimising a game and not for the cheapass mainstream, so why not squeeze them proper?

Last edited:
Top Bottom