• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA: steady flow of NES classic thru holidays and into next year

maxcriden

The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system is a hot item, and we are working hard to keep up with consumer demand. 1/3

There will be a steady flow of additional systems through the holiday shopping season and into the new year. 2/3

Please contact your local retailers to check availability. A selection of participating retailers can be found @ http://Nintendo.com/nes-classic 3/3

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/797124398813626372

(via GoNintendo.com)

Thought people searching would like to know restocks are definitely coming. Before the system released there was some debate over whether restocks were going to be a thing, and if so, how soon.

Hit the RESET button if old.

P.S. keep an eye on this tracker and set it up for alerts--

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nesclassicmini/

It's gone now, but GameStop just got new stock this morning, for example.

LQX

Of course they are going to trickle them out. There was never any doubt Nintendo would do just that.

kubus

Any word on Europe?
I only know about the Netherlands but I can imagine this is the same for everywhere. Stores here will be getting new stock every week. People are advised to make reservations or sign up on waiting lists because there won't be many units available every week.

LQX

Yeah, it'd be silly of them to hold off for large shipments when they can get them out as soon as they're manufactured.

That I don't buy. Nintendo knew this would be an hot product from the jump. I think they could have met high demand on day one if they really wanted to but as they said, there will be a "steady flow of additional systems through the holiday".

Plum

As long as those shipments are substantial this makes sense. I'm sure Nintendo would rather have their sales and attention drawn out until mid-December instead of all being blown on the first week or so.

mlclmtckr

Banned
I keep reading how it's sold out everywhere, but the walmart website says it's in stock in my area. Might have to go see if that's accurate.

Yukinari

As usual Nintendo gets away with making products that are scalper bait.

This isnt as bad of a situation as the Majora 3D collectors edition but its still bad.

Ertai

For the european market (Dutch market specifically) Nintendo is shipping units to retail stores on a weekly basis up until week 53. After that, they have indicated that there will be restocks in march 2017 and not before that which basically means there will be a 3 month period of no restocks in 2017. No actual units mentioned, just that there will be restocks.

As usual Nintendo gets away with making products that are scalper bait.

This isnt as bad of a situation as the Majora 3D collectors edition but its still bad.

People are bidding 100+ euros upwards on a device that retails for 60 and i've seen ads for 150+. It's terrible

jediyoshi

That I don't buy. Nintendo knew this would be an hot product from the jump. I think they could have met high demand on day one if they really wanted to but as they said, there will be a "steady flow of additional systems through the holiday".

So your conspiracy theory is that they would've ended up with a product that they would have released a single batch of?

Nintendo loves to artificially limit their stock. Someone in their management used to be a bouncer and reminds people that you always have to keep a line to maintain interest.

Wii 2 time!

On a related subject, my gf is trying to get me the Famicom mini for Christmas here in Japan and they are sold out EVERYWHERE! :(

Yukinari

For the european market (Dutch market specifically) Nintendo is shipping units to retail stores on a weekly basis up until week 53. After that, they have indicated that there will be restocks in march 2017 and not before that which basically means there will be a 3 month period of no restocks in 2017. No actual units mentioned, just that there will be restocks.

People are bidding 100+ euros upwards on a device that retails for 60 and i've seen ads for 150+. It's terrible

Yeah its terrible but Majora 3D was still way worse. The statue went up for 5 seconds and was never seen again and never got restocked. Same with specific amiibo like Dedede.

Not defending Nintendo for this.

Olengie

Some guy in the local BST Group has more than 10 available and wants $450 for them.

And some people are actually going for it.

Smh

LordRaptor

Nintendo loves to artificially limit their stock. Someone in their management used to be a bouncer and reminds people that you always have to keep a line to maintain interest.

This makes no sense on even the most cursory and shallow thinking about it.

Unless you think Nintendo shareholders are primarily comprised of eBay scalpers.

Some guy in the local BST Group has more than 10 available and wants $450 for them.

And some people are actually going for it.

Smh

It takes two, those willing to take advantage and those without the discipline to avoid being taken advantage of. At some point you need to say no to the madness.

RibMan

Disappointing news. I honestly thought they were done with this kind of marketing.

This makes no sense on even the most cursory and shallow thinking about it.

Interesting. Are you saying you don't believe companies can and do limit supply to create heightened demand?

Pikma

Banned
NoA undershipping a new product?
😱😱😱😱
I couldn't have seen that coming!!!

Biske

The controller cord shortness really killed a lot of my potential hype for this.

I guess with it being USB powered, I can get a long as HDMI cable to make up for it, but still.

bman94

Just when on eBay being curious and holy shit there's a lot of terrible people on there man. People charging upwards to $1000 plus dollars for a fucking $60 product. Shirt boils my blood, fuck them.

Pikma

Banned
I have no idea about how Nintendo and NoA in particular can get an idea right but fuck up the smallest fucking details, like the shit cord length and this huge availability problem

How do they do it and why do they not do anything to prevent it?

Kthulhu

I have no idea about how Nintendo and NoA in particular can get an idea right but fuck up the smallest fucking details, like the shit cord length and this huge availability problem

How do they do it and why do they not do anything to prevent it?

Nintendo thinks we sit 2 feet from our TVs I guess.

ramparter

Banned
What if this will hurt their momentum though. On the other hand those ebay prices...

Is this a Nintendo master plan to bring old gamers back just before Switch?
"You grew up with this, you replayed it, now make the switch"

LordRaptor

Interesting. Are you saying you don't believe companies can and do limit supply to create heightened demand?

"Heightened demand" means fuck all if you can't benefit from sales of a product.

This isn't like a paper launch product where you can sell a first manufacturing batch at hugely inflated margins due to scarcity, Nintendos profit per unit doesn't change whether its sold at retail or scalped on eBay, and its frankly ludicrous to think 'artifical scarcity' is at play

Top Bottom