• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiijj

Good to know. I have Prime but Amazon screws me over a lot and I haven't used Best Buy in years so I wasn't sure.

I added an edit on my previous post.

Edit: except during PS4 release back in 2013, it shipped the night of release day, since it was released on a friday I got it like tuesday or wednesday the week after.

Some people did get their stuff dispatched like a few days before the release. From waht I can remember some got theirs before release day.

So far they have been good.

mlclmtckr

Banned
Got a preorder at Toys R Us tonight. Glad I have a for-sure console on launch day.

I went with grey. I generally like bright colors, I got the white N3DS, but I don't want any extra distractions for when I'm playing Zelda in handheld mode in the dark.

I thought about preordering 12Switch because I think my family will really dig it. But let's be real, that game is not going to be hard to find.

DVCY201

I hate you all, I decided I was going to keep my Wii U and games. But with all this talk of trade-in's.... the temptation to ditch it all is pretty strong lol

How bout we all complain bout shipping instead!

Well, I only traded in games with a likely chance of being ported (MK8 and Smash) or games that weren't so hot (Star Fox). But I'm keeping the console, and definitely all the Zelda titles

Moltenix

Well, I only traded in games with a likely chance of being ported (MK8 and Smash) or games that weren't so hot (Star Fox). But I'm keeping the console, and definitely all the Zelda titles

This is a pretty good idea actually. Might just ditch MK8 and Smash and get their Switch ports while keeping the system and other games. 50 each is too good to pass up. The rest of my collection is mostly cheaper stuff that isn't worth nearly as much credits like Wind Waker and 3D World.

bryt

Holy shit. Trading in 4 games for $214 tomorrow.

Watch dogs 2 which I got for free from the PS4 Slim trade in
FFXV which I got for $39 from Amazon
Xenoblade Chronicles X which I got for $15? from Amazon
Mario Kart 8 which I got for $48

What a steal.

Haines

Banned
So i suffer from anxiety and its kept me away from looking into preorder for the switch.

I asked my wife to look into it and she thinks maybe we can go into a store and lock one in?

Any help would be appreciated. We could preorder the black one the day of but we were hoping for color

leeman

tiijj

the box art's different too.

http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/buy-now/

Master ed.
HuLSU8V.jpg

Special ed.
NnceHgF.jpg

Sora_N

Here's some Switch trade values I did tonight for ya'll:

Double value (trade credit after being doubled):

Titanfall 2 (PS4) - $56
Xenoblade Chronicles X - $54
Mario Kart 8 - $50
Splatoon - $56
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 - $10
Dark Souls II: SotfS (PS4) - $14

Trade 3 for a Switch game:

Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Super Mario 3D Land
Donkey Kong Country Returns

Kingdom Hearts 3DS
Kingdom Hearts 2.5
Shadow Warrior (PS4)

Came out to exactly 5 Switch games because the double trade value ones added up to $240. I basically just stacked up a bunch of copies of Zelda because barely any games are pre-orderable in their system yet, can change it later.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for ps3? I should trade it in since I'll buy the PS4 one later anyways.

bearbomb

Neo Member
Hey y'all. Thinking of reading in the wiiu and games ect to go towards a switch at eb. People have been talking about being sold out of preorders though. How does this work? Couldn't I just put t towards the switch anyways ? Like if I don't care about getting t at release or something?

-Deimos

I have a package that started shipment today (or yesterday technically) from California and decided to check the tracking just for the hell of it before going to sleep. First thing I see is "Ontario" and think, damn that was fast! Take a second look and see "Ontario, CA, United States"

Why you trolling UPS?

1337Sauce

Ah, correct you are! They have a good refund policy so I'm still keeping this one for safety until/should anything better come along.

Well we are both in this together now! I've been losing my mind waiting for this SE to go up, but I always find that these things happen while I am at work. Ordered one of these just in case I am unable to get one from Best Buy here. Price should work out to approximately the same right?

Hedgey

Well we are both in this together now! I've been losing my mind waiting for this SE to go up, but I always find that these things happen while I am at work. Ordered one of these just in case I am unable to get one from Best Buy here. Price should work out to approximately the same right?

I'm in too. We should come up with a team name.
Team Zelda Photolab
Works out to $156 CAD.
Yeah, I'd assume we'd get charged $149.99 + tax so this is probably cheaper.

1337Sauce

I'm in too. We should come up with a team name.
Team Zelda Photolab
Works out to $156 CAD.
Yeah, I'd assume we'd get charged $149.99 + tax so this is probably cheaper.

Awesome. Yeah I figured it would be about that much. Even if we ended up paying a couple dollars more I still wouldn't mind just to make sure I got one.

Anth0ny

Breath of the Wild Special Edition Preorder up on B&H!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1311616-REG/nintendo_hacraaaaa_the_legend_of_zelda.html

Costs about $120 US plus shipping to get here ($99 cost plus $20-ish for border fees)

Note: Don't use Paypal if you want to perhaps cancel later as it immediately charges Paypal accounts.

Thanks so much! pre-ordered

this one looks better than the master edition anyways. and i have no interest/space for a plastic master sword thing

i-Jest

All this Switch talk got me fiending for a Dragon Quest XI localization announcement. God help me. Common Nintendo, make it happen.

Nintendo pls.

All this Switch talk got me fiending for a Dragon Quest XI localization announcement. God help me. Common Nintendo, make it happen.

Nintendo pls.

Jest, it'll happen. I suspect one of the main reasons Nintendo went region free was to have more games available to play on the system.

So for the small little niche of you that would care about this, I contacted Amazon about my Switch pre order to ask if they can make it require a signature when it arrives since I'll be at work all day. Ever since Canada Post left my launch PS4 on my porch all day I've been a little paranoid haha. Anyway, it worked, so if anyone else has the same weird problems as me with Canada Post not giving a shit, you might want to shoot them a message.

So for the small little niche of you that would care about this, I contacted Amazon about my Switch pre order to ask if they can make it require a signature when it arrives since I'll be at work all day. Ever since Canada Post left my launch PS4 on my porch all day I've been a little paranoid haha. Anyway, it worked, so if anyone else has the same weird problems as me with Canada Post not giving a shit, you might want to shoot them a message.

Not worried about Canada Post in my area as I usually have to go to the nearest post office to pick up parcels...even for Keurig K-cup orders. Just hope Best Buy uses Canada Post as this is my first time doing an online order w/ them.

Ondore

Updated values from my trade trip (before bonuses):
- Doom PS4 $8
- Skylanders SuperChargers (Wii U) $11
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: $24
- Twilight Princess HD $27

Would not take: Tumblestone or Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Wii U for both).

With Platinum and the doubler, I got $156.20 off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom