• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_Po

Banned
Do you have an existing preorder?

Nope, I just wanted to off load some games.

I understand that the pre orders may be gone for the console but can you go to any waiting list or perhaps get controllers or accessories and then return those for console ?

Was thinking of going to preorder a Switch at Toys R Us since I heard they had just opened theirs. Called today and they told me it was a 'presell', they don't actually order the stuff until they know how many they need. This seems contrary to what most other outlets do; has anyone had experience with them flubbing this and not having enough stock to fulfill your preorder?

I just got this confirmed for me. They plan to take as many pre orders as there are people wanting them, and then asking Nintendo for a certain amount of stock. I would pre order with caution, but it seems that (with the 2 stores I spoke with at least) numbers are quite low, so somebody pre ordering now should be safe. The store near me has only sold 5 so far, so I might take a chance.

leeman

Still showing available for me ... 2.5 hours after they became available.

Not exactly flying off the shelves.

Someone said that you had to pay the entire amount off right now for the pre-order. That could be a big detractor for people ordering from The Source...

It's all about the Switch now. I thought we were about the shipping, guys... :(

Here's some, amazon hasn't shipped Gravity Rush 2 yet! They'd better, or I'm going to complain to support until they give me $5!

And another thing, I just realized the Switch delivery date is March 8th-10th? What's up with that??

tiijj

Here's some, amazon hasn't shipped Gravity Rush 2 yet! They'd better, or I'm going to complain to support until they give me $5!

And another thing, I just realized the Switch delivery date is March 8th-10th? What's up with that??

They are making sure that they won't give you $5 in case they can't deliver the switch to your house on Mar 3-7th. If they did, they are the best!!! If they can't, well the estimate did say mar 8-10.

Dazzler

Have any of you got any experience with getting an out of province cell phone plan?

Specifically, I'm in BC and want one of those 8GB Quebec plans

Quick update on this:

I went into Best Buy in Vancouver and requested a Quebec phone number and Koodo's 6GB for $65 a month plan.

Was given it no questions asked. Currently porting my BC Number over

eyesradar

Half way through Watch Dogs 2....I'm so motivated to play through my holiday 2016 haul right now as the trade-in deal for Switch at EB are ending this month...
TIV could tank anytime as well.

killroy87

Quick update on this:

I went into Best Buy in Vancouver and requested a Quebec phone number and Koodo's 6GB for $65 a month plan.

Was given it no questions asked. Currently porting my BC Number over

???

Really? Lol that's incredible, that blows my mind

Didn't they ask for an address or anything? What did you tell them?

Dazzler

???

Really? Lol that's incredible, that blows my mind

Didn't they ask for an address or anything? What did you tell them?

I just told the girl that served me I wanted a Quebec number so I could access the better value Quebec plans. She reacted like it was the hundredth time she'd been asked. Processed the whole thing in five minutes

My BC number successfully ported over too. So I've now got a Quebec plan on a BC number

Regards address, I just gave my Vancouver one, wasn't an issue

killroy87

I just told the girl that served me I wanted a Quebec number so I could access the better value Quebec plans. She reacted like it was the hundredth time she'd been asked. Processed the whole thing in five minutes

My BC number successfully ported over too. So I've now got a Quebec plan on a BC number

Regards address, I just gave my Vancouver one, wasn't an issue

Crazy. Now I wanna do this.

Did you cancel your current plan before or after?

Dazzler

Crazy. Now I wanna do this.

Did you cancel your current plan before or after?

Don't cancel your plan before. You need to keep it active to port your number over. Once your number is ported, your plan is automatically cancelled.

I only deal with BYOD plans, so this wouldn't apply if you've got a contract with months left on it, or are still paying off a device

Moltenix

Nice, FE Warriors for Fall 2017 and New FE for Switch in 2018.

The whole two version thing they went for with Fates was probably to get us ready for the 79.99 price tag. :O

Gonna have to keep my eye out for when those Fire Emblem amiibos go up. I'm sure like every Nintendo product these days they'll be snatched up in seconds...

hey guys, has anyone had any luck finding preorders for the Joy-Con controollers (red and blue) anywhere at all?

I have found grey controllers, all blues, and all reds, but red and blue is impossible to find. I had preordered the grey switch with plans to purchase the neon controllers on the side, but at this point I realise I clearly should have done the opposite.

leeman

hey guys, has anyone had any luck finding preorders for the Joy-Con controollers (red and blue) anywhere at all?

I have found grey controllers, all blues, and all reds, but red and blue is impossible to find. I had preordered the grey switch with plans to purchase the neon controllers on the side, but at this point I realise I clearly should have done the opposite.

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01N6QJ58Y/022748-20/

ohlawd

Gonna have to keep my eye out for when those Fire Emblem amiibos go up. I'm sure like every Nintendo product these days they'll be snatched up in seconds...

Why is Celica not by herself? :(

same shit again just like with the Zelda 2-pack. I don't want the other one, ffs.

leeman

What the hell, yes!

I must have checked amazon like 10 times and it was never available. I didn't even bother today. Thanks!

No worries :). To be fair, Amazon's search engine / naming conventions have been really wonky with the Switch stuff. They really need a Switch hub page...

killroy87

on the Amazon main video games page, one of the banners is for Injustice 2, and they advertise the Ultimate Edition. For the life of me, I can not seem to find the thing available for preorder. Is anyone able to see it on Amazon.ca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom