• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

And yet the Canadian dollar is now at its highest point against the US dollar since late September (76.66 cents US).
Could spike even further depending on what the Bank of Canada does with interest rates tomorrow.

FYI

BoC just announced left interest rates as-is.

Lizardus

With how fast these seem to be selling out, it feels pretty surreal that I was able to secure two pre-orders, one from Amazon (neon) and one from BB (grey).

I hope they don't get cancelled.

Dazzler

Have any of you got any experience with getting an out of province cell phone plan?

Specifically, I'm in BC and want one of those 8GB Quebec plans

Kyuur

Was thinking of going to preorder a Switch at Toys R Us since I heard they had just opened theirs. Called today and they told me it was a 'presell', they don't actually order the stuff until they know how many they need. This seems contrary to what most other outlets do; has anyone had experience with them flubbing this and not having enough stock to fulfill your preorder?

Was thinking of going to preorder a Switch at Toys R Us since I heard they had just opened theirs. Called today and they told me it was a 'presell', they don't actually order the stuff until they know how many they need. This seems contrary to what most other outlets do; has anyone had experience with them flubbing this and not having enough stock to fulfill your preorder?

This is what I've been worrying about. I have an Amazon order that is going to be late and was thinking of going the TRU route so I could get it Day 1, but I've heard bad things. Not sure if I want to take the gamble.

when did best buy start selling statues?

giphy.gif

bearbomb

Neo Member
Bleh. Called EB to see if I could still trade my wiiu in towards a switch even though pre-orders are closed and they said not until nintendo opens up more. I may go trade some games towards switch games anyways though in hopes

kalgore

Neo Member
I had the grey Joy-con Switch in my cart at Best Buy but the transaction wouldn't process. Must have been a second or two slow. Damn!

Best Buy has some Switches up in both colours. Managed to snag one for my brother (or for me if it comes before my Amazon order... (he gets the later shipment)!

EDIT: Already gone in both colours it seems. Heard they have been flickering though so it is worth keeping an eye on.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Every time I have done this at Toys R Us, I have walked in, received my order, and walked out in under 5 minutes. They haven't failed me yet.

Seik

Banned
I'm nervous to pre-order the Switch at the source, took a day off at my job on March 3rd...if it ends up not arriving on launch day it'll be for nothing.

I think I'll stick to the plan of going in front of Best Buy early with my best bud to grab the 'not pre-orders' units.

tiijj

I'm nervous to pre-order at the source, took a day off at my job on March 3rd...if it ends up not arriving on launch day it'll be for nothing.

I think I'll stick to the plan of going in front of Best Buy early with my best bud to grab the 'not pre-orders' units.

If you really want it day one, in-store is the best option to get it on Mar 3. Nobody's 100% sure that any retailer will dispatch the switch a day or so before the release so that people will get it on Mar 3rd.

Seik

Banned
If you really want it day one, in-store is the best option to get it on Mar 3. Nobody's 100% sure that any retailer will dispatch the switch a day or so before the release so that people will get it on Mar 3rd.

Yeah, I'll stick to the main plan.

That day off will be Switch day! :D

Riptwo

In two minutes (11AM MST), I'm going to cancel a grey Switch at Best Buy. Hopefully someone here gets it!

Edit: Saw it go back up and then disappear, so that's that.

Clive

Is there a reason I can't get the Amazon Prime discount to apply to Dragon Quest VIII for the 3DS? I realized I hadn't pre-ordered it yet just now and there is no indication of prime discount on the product page and at checkout it comes out to $49.99 plus tax which is the standard price.

antibolo

Banned
Fuck you Amazon, why haven't you shipped my Fate/Extella LE yet.

I'm done with Amazon after my Prime membership expires. Too bad for those 20% discounts, I don't want to give them any more money.

Lexxism

Is there a reason I can't get the Amazon Prime discount to apply to Dragon Quest VIII for the 3DS? I realized I hadn't pre-ordered it yet just now and there is no indication of prime discount on the product page and at checkout it comes out to $49.99 plus tax which is the standard price.
I wonder if it was that thing when they will only apply the discount when the order ship.

leeman

Email CS, they are usually good about fixing it. I have also had orders ship and prime discount was applied when it shipped. I have also had orders that did not apply the discount, so I emailed CS afterwards and they refunded the discount.

mdubs

Banned
Fuck you Amazon, why haven't you shipped my Fate/Extella LE yet.

I'm done with Amazon after my Prime membership expires. Too bad for those 20% discounts, I don't want to give them any more money.

FWIW Amazon is always late with Xseed games and on time with other publishers in my experience, so I'm inclined to think that it's not something on their end.

antibolo

Banned
FWIW Amazon is always late with Xseed games and on time with other publishers in my experience, so I'm inclined to think that it's not something on their end.

If it's not something on their end then the game should not be listed as "In Stock".

Kyuur

This is what I've been worrying about. I have an Amazon order that is going to be late and was thinking of going the TRU route so I could get it Day 1, but I've heard bad things. Not sure if I want to take the gamble.

Every time I have done this at Toys R Us, I have walked in, received my order, and walked out in under 5 minutes. They haven't failed me yet.

Took the bullet and pre-ordered there in store(along with basic edition Zelda). I don't have an alternative and hawking sites for this kind of thing isn't something I want to do, so it's better to have one reserved even if by some chance they mess up launch day. Hope the experience is as good as OMan says!

Anyone know the trade in price at EB for accessories?

360 Controllers
360 Kinect
Xbox One Kinect
Wii Remotes

Are there any Switch trade in promos for extra trade on items like this?

Max_Po

Banned
Hey guys, I been busy with work and home renovations.

Can I still take my stuff to EBGames and get put it toward Nintendo SWITCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom