• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, since they already implemented the system on their shop to link 3DS and Wii U credit a few years back. Shouldn't be too much to expect that to carry over to Switch.

itschris

My copy of Dragon Quest VIII has just shipped from Best Buy.

Was really worried for a moment that I wasn't getting it at launch.

Same here. Hopefully I get it on Friday - I've had some bad luck with Friday releases not getting delivered until Monday.

Conezays

For what its worth, in my second chat with Amazon customer service they confirmed to me that despite my Switch-related orders saying March 7-8th, I have release day delivery and the information will be updated closer to launch. Hopefully this eases some of our minds here. :p

She encouraged me to contact the week prior to confirm that the information has updated so I'd recommend fellow Amazon/Prime users to do the same. Can't hurt to be thorough.

I think so, since they already implemented the system on their shop to link 3DS and Wii U credit a few years back. Shouldn't be too much to expect that to carry over to Switch.

I think it will. Checking out the online Nintendo game store and the Switch version of Zelda (as well as many more Switch games) shows up in the Coming soon section.

Flare

Has anyone recieved an update from "Future Shop" regarding their old BotW WiiU preorder? I'm wondering if I should give BB service a call asking them to update my preorder for the release date.

Has anyone recieved an update from "Future Shop" regarding their old BotW WiiU preorder? I'm wondering if I should give BB service a call asking them to update my preorder for the release date.

I would go to the best buy website and see if you check your order status w/ the order # you got from Future Shop.

Skikkiks

the binding of issac physical edition is 39.99 on the american bestbuy website and redout is 38.69 on steam right now

so those prices are unfortunately fair lol

meanwhile I'm waiting for amazon to put up Rime and Little Nightmares...

Ended up getting a TRU Switch pre order and cancelling my March 10th Amazon one. Have a BestBuy.ca one as backup if they mess it up. First experience buying... anything from TRU but their tactic for "taking pre orders and asking Nintendo for enough consoles to fill them" is strange.

Stage On

What the heck is up with Atelier Shallie Plus being $53.49 on psn? The plus games have always launched at $39.99 in the past! I was thinking of getting it at launch instead of waiting for it to go on sale during Golden week but no way am I touching it at that price.

kevin1025

Banned
What the heck is up with Atelier Shallie Plus being $53.49 on psn? The plus games have always launched at $39.99 in the past! I was thinking of getting it at launch instead of waiting for it to go on sale during Golden week but no way am I touching it at that price.

Wow, and that's the Vita version, with the PS3 one (I guess with less of the add-ons since there's no Plus) at $49.99. They're really going for that $53.49 price, Yooka-Laylee is that price as well and is making me think of going PC for that one.

Sealtest

Amazon posted some Hori accessories for the switch (no price yet).

Ha I've been refreshing all day waiting for those after I saw they went up on Amazon US.

Now the question is do I need that compact play stand for playing at my desk so I can charge & play or do I use the built in kickstand.

tiijj

Ha I've been refreshing all day waiting for those after I saw they went up on Amazon US.

Now the question is do I need that compact play stand for playing at my desk so I can charge & play or do I use the built in kickstand.

I'm not sure if I wanna get the official Nintendo Carry case & Screen protector or the Hori case and a screen protector

Official Nintendo
SKvHsAs.jpg
Hori
ZiJy2kA.jpg

Sealtest

Besides the fact that I'm getting the master edition case I'd trust Hori's screen protectors over Nintendo's inhouse one and this is no insult to Nintendo but just that I've been buying Hori for years and they've always had great quality and it's even sweeter that the Hori one is promising scratch proof protection ( At least for the premium one )

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Best Buy just charged my card for DQVIII, can't believe it's finally happening :D

You guys ever get your Amazon delivery date estimates?

chrono01

Best Buy just charged my card for DQVIII, can't believe it's finally happening :D

You guys ever get your Amazon delivery date estimates?
Nope, I never got my estimate.

Best Buy shipped my copy of DQVIII earlier today (I had completely forgotten that I pre-ordered it there a long while back), so I managed to log onto Amazon.ca and cancel my copy with them.

I just hope, in the future, they're better at getting things out on-time, especially since I'm paying a premium for Prime now.

Belickade

Neo Member
Besides the fact that I'm getting the master edition case I'd trust Hori's screen protectors over Nintendo's inhouse one and this is no insult to Nintendo but just that I've been buying Hori for years and they've always had great quality and it's even sweeter that the Hori one is promising scratch proof protection ( At least for the premium one )

I have the official Nintendo Screen Protector's on both of my Wii U gamepads (the ones that came with that over-sized stylus and cleaning cloth). Both of them developed a ridiculous amount of scratches out of literally nowhere. I never used a stylus on my gamepad's, either. From what I can tell, they scratched themselves by their very existence. Or hell, maybe just my breathing in their vicinity caused it. Total pieces of junk.

Going with Hori for screen protectors is probably always your best bet.

Best Buy is the most reliable when it comes to getting things on launch day even with free shipping. Don't think it has ever failed at that in Toronto. I even got a game early once.

I have the official Nintendo Screen Protector's on both of my Wii U gamepads (the ones that came with that over-sized stylus and cleaning cloth). Both of them developed a ridiculous amount of scratches out of literally nowhere. I never used a stylus on my gamepad's, either. From what I can tell, they scratched themselves by their very existence. Or hell, maybe just my breathing in their vicinity caused it. Total pieces of junk.

Going with Hori for screen protectors is probably always your best bet.

Thanks! Canceled nintendo and went with hori.

iphys

They say most accidents happen around the home.

The "ultra thick" premium one may not even work if it's anything like the Wii U, which had issues with thick screen protectors rendering the system unplayable, so non-premium might actually be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom