• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS4] Play Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for free from 15th to 20th December

dex3108

you’ve been itching to try out Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, we’ve got a special gift for you because ‘Tis the Season! From 15th December through to 20th December, you can download and play Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, with access to all three game modes.

That means you can engage with the storyline in the campaign with “Rising Threat” and “Black Sky,” the first two levels of the game. Plus, you can jump into multiplayer with friends and foes (Level Cap of 15), and try to hold your own against the undead in a zombie infested 1980’s amusement park (Level Cap of 3).

What’s even better is that if you purchase the game, your progress and experience will carry over. You can find all the details below, so get set to enjoy Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=808371229384011776&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

I think that game didn't sold that well.

Certinty

Well IW has one of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played so it's definitely worth a go just for that.

Though at the same time those 2 levels aren't the best to showcase the game.

Gator86

Lots of praise for the SP so I'll probably play through that to see if the full game is worth renting.

I'm not playing the fucking MP even for free. They would have to pay me for me to spend valuable hours of my day wading through that shit.

giphy.gif

Actually thought it was Remastered first. No thanks.

I've got nice fast broadband and no data caps, and I'm interested in the single player campaign, so this is a great way for me to try before I (maybe) buy.

But yeah, kind of reeks of desperation. Activision better not be putting out another Sci Fi COD next year, because the market has pretty clearly spoken on what it wants from these kind of shooters.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think the big mistake is capping the MP at level 15, just a few levels short of unlocking a perk that's pretty much mandatory for having a good time.

Holy cow. This seems like the nuclear option for Activision. It was obvious Infinite Warfare didn't do well, but sales must have been brutally bad.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think I played Modern Warfare more than 99% of the time between the two of them, I wonder how low the retention rate is for Infinite Warfare.

Contrary to popular belief, IW is actually good. Multiplayer is a blast, Campaign is one of the best in the series and Zombies is fun enough.

I'd say give it a fair shake instead of just listening to the public's consensus.

any news on xbox one or pc version yet? might want to try the campaign and don't have a ps4.

IW was the first call of duty with heavy discounts just 2 weeks after launch. and now we got free play days just 1 month after launch.

why just infinity warfare and not the remaster? activision is not making money in the remaster via mtx and recurring spending.

Dartastic

Well IW has one of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played so it's definitely worth a go just for that.

Though at the same time those 2 levels aren't the best to showcase the game.
I'm really glad to hear this. I realized I should have gotten a free game from the Best Buy b2g1 deal, so I picked this up. I had a chance to get Mafia 3 instead, but I went with this because i had heard positive things about the campaign. Is the campaign really that good?

However, I already know i'm not even going to touch multiplayer.

Creaking

This wouldn't be a bad idea, but without a few key changes to tone down the chaotic nature of the multiplayer, this is largely just going to reaffirm people's negative opinions. I say that as someone who likes the multiplayer, though it has some considerable flaws.

Anyway, if any of you do try the multiplayer, I recommend playing Frontline. It's Team Deathmatch but with bases that you spawn in. You have temporary invincibility when you spawn into your base (it'll go away when you leave your base or if you linger too long), and you get more points for killing an enemy when both you and your target are outside of your respective bases, which encourages the action to move towards the center of the map. It reduces a lot of the general unpredictability and will let you come to grips with the map design a little more easily. Also, if an enemy walks into your base, he/she will be outlined through walls for easy targeting, further discouraging base invasion.

Holy cow. This seems like the nuclear option for Activision. It was obvious Infinite Warfare didn't do well, but sales must have been brutally bad.

Whoa there, it's not as if they're putting the game on PS+

Are the first 2 levels of campaign good? I don't have a data cap so im tempted

They're all right, but not much beyond what you'd expect from Call of Duty, and not what I would choose to showcase the game. Still, you get a bit of E3N, so that's something.

spekkeh

Banned
Just the first two levels and two multiplayer maps. That's not free to play, that's a limited time demo.

Nice try Activision, but no DICE.

Foxxsoxx

Contrary to popular belief, IW is actually good. Multiplayer is a blast, Campaign is one of the best in the series and Zombies is fun enough.

I'd say give it a fair shake instead of just listening to the public's consensus.

The story might be alright but the MP is hot garbage. Such a jumbled mess.

To be fair to IW, even Titanfall 2 had a pretty shitty beta. What we got was incredible though.

For those who are actually playing the multiplayer for Infinite Warfare now, how is it? Still shit or has improved than the beta?

Overboost

Huh? Overwatch had their free MP weekend in November, and sales obviously aren't hurting for that game. This is just a smart marketing tool, especially since you can play all 3 modes here and the campaign and Zombies are the best they've been in years, plus the MP has come a long way since the beta and this is their chance to show it off. Makes total sense.

a916

To be fair to IW, even Titanfall 2 had a pretty shitty beta. What we got was incredible though.

For those who are actually playing the multiplayer for Infinite Warfare now, how is it? Still shit or has improved than the beta?

Worse. The map design is poor, visually and more importantly how it's laid out. The movement is clunky and really weighted compared to BLOPS3 (which itself is clunky and weighted compared to Titanfall 2). This creates for a really weird place for COD which has always been fast and twitch and above all smooth. This is anything but smooth. (I say this as someone who's been playing COD MP since MW1) Black Ops MP was well made but the campaign was a narrative mess, this seems to be opposite.

Does the level cap mean you can't advance higher than level 15, or that you can't continue playing after you hit level 15?

I actually think the MP is alright, zombies is pretty good too. Maybe not worth the massive download size for a trial but honestly the game isn't terrible.

Huh? Overwatch had their free MP weekend in November, and sales obviously aren't hurting for that game. This is just a smart marketing tool, especially since you can play all 3 modes here and the campaign and Zombies are the best they've been in years, plus the MP has come a long way since the beta and this is their chance to show it off. Makes total sense.

While I agree with you that a free trial doesn't inherently mean a game performed poorly, we know Infinite Warfare is massively down compared to Black Ops 3.

Creaking

Better than the beta unless you like to use sniper rifles. Still chaotic if you don't know what you're doing. Takes a lot of time to familiarize yourself with everything.

Top Bottom