• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS4] Play Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for free from 15th to 20th December

kuYuri

Not the first time they've done a limited time demo like this.

I think I played Modern Warfare more than 99% of the time between the two of them, I wonder how low the retention rate is for Infinite Warfare.

Opposite for me. MWR multiplayer is just boring af now. Still at level 21.

To be fair to IW, even Titanfall 2 had a pretty shitty beta. What we got was incredible though.

For those who are actually playing the multiplayer for Infinite Warfare now, how is it? Still shit or has improved than the beta?

It's improved by quite a bit, but like any other CoD game, it also has some design issues.

jeffc919

No one cares

Release MWR standalone

This. After playing the beta I wouldn't download and play this game if they paid me $5 an hour for my time. But I wouldn't mind adding MW Remastered to Battlefield and Titanfall for some more variety in MP games worth playing. I won't buy it though so long as it is attached to a garbage tier game like IW. Also won't be buying it if they wait too much longer to make it available or charge more than what I consider a fair amount for a 10 year old game (that I already paid for once) with a fresh coat of paint.

Bolivar687

Banned
I could understand doing this after the New Year but barely a month after the game released screams of desperation.

They really need to unleash MWR and focus on supporting that going forward.

RAWRferal

Got this shift bundled with my Pro, yeah...

Traded it for BF1 two days later. I regret nothing.

Looks slick on the Pro, but it just confirmed to me that I was done with this franchise a looong time ago.

They probably should have made MWR free for a weekend if they wanted to sell IW. Not IW.
Umm why? Anyone who buys the game for MW probably already know exactly what they are getting from the remaster. Plus 5 days is probably enough for people to get their nostalgia fill of the MW remaster and might actually cost them sales.

Huh? Overwatch had their free MP weekend in November, and sales obviously aren't hurting for that game. This is just a smart marketing tool, especially since you can play all 3 modes here and the campaign and Zombies are the best they've been in years, plus the MP has come a long way since the beta and this is their chance to show it off. Makes total sense.

There's a big difference between a multiplayer-only game like Overwatch (that also benefits heavily from the microtransactions new players may generate) than opening up all three modes of a Call of Duty game. There's also something to be said about the timing. Overwatch waited months and months before the free weekend. Call of Duty is doing it only a month after release. Activision is getting desperate.

Overboost

It's not the same. Cod doesn't have a record of doing stuff like this, the deep discounts and free weekends, whereas overwatch is a new and hadn't set a standard.

Same publisher, though. And COD has had two free MP weekends on PC before (BO3 and IW) so it makes sense they're bringing it to console. ActiBlizz probably saw great results from those and their free Overwatch weekend and did it for COD. Wouldn't be surprised if Destiny had one in the future too. Every publisher should be doing this... even when sales are incredible, they'll always improve when more people can play the game.

SURGEdude

The campaign is kinda fun. Not amazing by any means and worse than TF2 in every way but still fun.

The multi is hot garbage though. Zombies is zombies if that's your thing. Kinda wish I'd bought it on PS4 since I just got the Pro and I'd love to see the upgrades, but who am I kidding I'm not really gonna replay the game so I guess I'm ok.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Activision is really having to push the shit out of this game. You can tell this is performing poorly for a CoD game.

StereoVsn

Hmm... I do want to try the SP campaign but at the same time I am terrible at console shooters (kbm is ingrained :p). Decisions, decisions.

Yawnier

Banned
I kind of want to try this trial since I've been itching for a good fast paced MP shooter lately and have been debating between getting this game or Titanfall 2.

and the last COD I bought and got into was Black Ops 2 so it has been a while.

I think Ill pass, I got a limited amount of time before I start school again in Jan and I already got too many games I wanna beat before then.

Reallink

It would just about be cheaper for me to buy the disc than DL the 100GB or whatever it is since my brother blew through our fucking data cap setting up an Xbox.

Top Bottom