• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict the Flops of 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Scalebound:

051612.jpg

I know people are high on Platinum due to Nier right now, but I want to remind people this might be a stinker.

Personally I think just both reveals at Gamescom and E3 2016 have looked bad for this game. Despite Platinum looking like they are getting out of the rut they been having since the license games, I think this will just put them right back in after all the good will Nier seems to be doing.

It just looks boring and it just feel like it's missing something to me.

Despite Kamiya being at the helm, I don't feel anything for this title.

Plus Platinum curse.

Agents of Mayhem:

3081203-agentsofmayhem-e32016_20160612-thumb_v1.jpg

Remember this game...no, well I can't blame you with how Deep Silver has been treating this title.

Despite Saint Rows being a relative popular, this game just went under people radar and will continue to do so.

After it's lackluster cinematic reveal trailer I think Deep Silver has shown they can't really market there games well despite the massive success they got with Dead Island marketing campaign.

Metal Gear Survive:

latest

Cheap looking cash in title to get more money out of the MGS fanbase despite everything Konami has done.

#FUCKONAMI

You covered the two that occurred to me, OP.

Sea of Thieves unless it gets caught in the YouTuber wave.

Inb4 edgy 'Nintendo Switch' comments.

Scalebound and Sea of Thieves stand out for me. There's little to no buzz for either (unless I've missed it) and neither game has shown well.

Robert807

Nintendo switch, not sure if many people care for the handheld portion of the system. Plus most likely no third party support and underpowered system.

I really really really hope Scalebound explodes. It looks AMAZING and by far the coolest thing that Platinum has ever done, imo (especially the badass and relatable protag). Glad Platinum is taking this direction and I hope it's permanent for the future of their games!!

I'm really anxious about Friday the 13th. I was EXTREMELY invested in it since it was called Summer Camp, but I don't really see much enthusiasm for it and that makes me sad :c

Yeah, feel bad for Kamiya but Scalebound isn't looking too great. Hope it works out since it's a massive project for them and being on PC should help.
Hoping Nier does well. Lots of positive buzz (mostly around butts) since the demo

jerry5278

Neo Member
Nioh. Commercially, not critically. I think it will only appeal to fans of the souls series. (I already have it preordered)

emrober5

You guys saying Horizon are crazy.

Even the non-hardcore crowd in my daily life (the destiny/cod/sports games crowd) are hyped for Horizon.

Scalebound will bomb though, 100%.

oti

Banned
FF VII remake episode 1, Horizon and Scalebound.

No, no and yes.

The first FF VII episode will sell regardless. The question is if the episodds after that will sell or if the game will be disappointing.

Horizon is intriguing and it saved itself from #SequelDeath2016. It should do allright.

Scalebound tries to sell to an audience that hardly exists on the Xbox platform. Good luck with that.

As excited as I am for it, I feel like Crackdown 3 will flop, the general lack of any info regarding it, despite it supposedly coming out this year is my main reason for feeling like that.

I don't understand what about Horizon makes people think it won't be good or do well, everything they've shown looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom