• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast Racing Remix announced by Shinen

Bazry

Source

Don't know if its been mentioned before, but this is going to run at 1080p 60fps 4 player split screen

"On Wii U it was tough to get to the visuals we wanted at 60fps. We had to use a lot of tricks to make it happen at all. For instance, on Wii U we were able to pull off two player split-screen racing at 720p and 60fps. Not bad at all, but with three or four players we had to scale down 30fps. Well, most racing games today don't even feature split-screen at all, so we didn't felt too bad about it. However, on the Switch we didn't had that limit. On Nintendo Switch in TV mode we now have four player split-screen, at 1080p and 60fps with much more details enabled. For worst case scenarios we enable dynamic resolution scaling to make sure the game keeps 60fps in unforeseen situations, tho that's usually not something you can spot."

Can we yet call this essentially a PS4-grade game on Switch? It's pretty unbelievable just how huge of an upgrade this got, going from sub-720p on Wii U to full 1080p, AND 30fps in 3-4 player splitscreen mode to full 60fps in 3-4 player splitscreen.

There's dynamic resolution, but they say it's not something you'd usually see.

Question also is, how's Redout going to be on Switch? We know NOTHING about it.

Can we yet call this essentially a PS4-grade game on Switch? It's pretty unbelievable just how huge of an upgrade this got, going from sub-720p on Wii U to full 1080p, AND 30fps in 3-4 player splitscreen mode to full 60fps in 3-4 player splitscreen.

There's dynamic resolution, but they say it's not something you'd usually see.

Question also is, how's Redout going to be on Switch? We know NOTHING about it.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe does the same. Except it ran at a native 720p on Wii U, and a native 1080p on Switch.

It's a really nice leap. Especially for being such early titles.

There doesn't seem to be any New Super Mario Bros U @ 720p blunders this time around. Not that it looked bad, just notably below par.

VegaShinra

The F-Zero game that is not F-Zero. Seriously Nintendo give these guys the licence to make a new F-Zero game.

God, no. Fast Racing is a fine game, but plays nothing like F-Zero. It lacks the finesse and tight controls that F-Zero requires. Fast Racing has more in common with WipeOut than F-Zero.

Soul Lab

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe does the same. Except it ran at a native 720p on Wii U, and a native 1080p on Switch.

It's a really nice leap. Especially for being such early titles.

There doesn't seem to be any New Super Mario Bros U @ 720p blunders this time around. Not that it looked bad, just notably below par.
Mario Kart Deluxe ist still 30fps with 4 players splitscreen afaik

Fireblend

Banned
I really want it but I fear it's gonna be made redundant by Mario Kart, and pretty much none of my friends will be buying it so it'll be useless for my lunch multiplayer sessions... will grab it depending on my budget.

pulsemyne

Well I think we can clearly say that the Switch is a fair bit more powerful than the WiiU. FAST pushed that machine very hard.

Buggy Loop

"We recently added HD Rumble to the game and it made a big difference. For instance, when you get in contact with something you now feel where it happens and what happens. It's not a simple On/Off rumble but you get tactile feedback about the position, where your vehicle really touched something. It adds a lot to the immersion."

Nice! Can't wait to try HD rumble

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh sweet HD Rumble support as well. Shinen being on point again.
Well I think we can clearly say that the Switch is a fair bit more powerful than the WiiU. FAST pushed that machine very hard.

Nah, we will continue use KOEI Tecmo launch ports to measure the abilities of the system.

"We recently added HD Rumble to the game and it made a big difference. For instance, when you get in contact with something you now feel where it happens and what happens. It's not a simple On/Off rumble but you get tactile feedback about the position, where your vehicle really touched something. It adds a lot to the immersion."

Nice! Can't wait to try HD rumble
thats-good.gif

Top Bottom