• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AG Yates has been relieved of her position by Trump administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastry

Banned
Just heard on CNN, she has been relieved of her position following her refusal to defend the Muslim ban.

Dana Boente (who?) is now acting AG

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/826254613238120449/photo/1

White House says she "betrayed the DOJ".

??? Defend the indefensible for a couple of more days until Sessions is confirmed and she is gone. Or make a statement and not defend that bullshit. She chose well.

C3dxApHVcAEzFVr.jpg

ElRenoRaven

Hate to say I called this. Told my mother about 2 hours ago she wouldn't have a job in less then 2 hours. Sure enough. I'm proud of her though. She stood up to him even though it cost her a job.

So are her actions for nothing then?
Her actions were always more symbolic then anything. She stood up for what she believed was right. That's what mattered here. That there's still people with integrity in this world.

She was going to be relieved in a few days anyway.

JUST IN: White House appoints Dana Boente as acting attorney general, says Sally Yates "has betrayed the Department of Justice"

How many Attorneys General have been relieved of their position by the President?

I may just be asking for the chance to say 'Attorneys General'

Trump doubles down on his cubed position on things.

Isn't that a gambling strategy?
can he break the house or hit the bet limit.

Ponn

Banned
Obviously she should of had a private civil exchange of opinions with Trump. That surely would have worked with this clearly reasonable man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom